PDA

View Full Version : Did Any of You TellYour Kids That You Are A CD?

Diane Paris
11-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Did any of you tell your children that you were were a cross dresser, transsexual, or a trans-person?

If so, what age were they when you told them and what was the outcome, meaning, how did they take it in the long run?

Thanks, Diane

Olivia
11-12-2005, 11:06 PM
You might find this relevant:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6032

Olivia

Girdlewoman
11-13-2005, 03:38 AM
I have three children, One 16,a boy and I know he knows for sure,and a 15 year old girl and I think she might know and a 10 year old girl and she doesn't know. My son has seen me completely dress a couple of times. He is very private so I can't say with total certainty what he thinks but it hasn't seem to impact our relationship. He is a teen and thinks I'm an idiot anyway, but we have or I should say I tried to explain, intelligently and he just listened,and that's how he handles most things. I wish they all knew so it would just be over. I get tired of keeping a major part of who I am private.I wouldn't flaunt it but I am a very honest person and I don't like secrets.

Veronica E. Scott
11-13-2005, 07:48 AM
To me that is such a big question I have been strugling with for some time now. When I finally came out to the wife and what a disaster that was now do I tell my kids or just leave it alone . I have or we have 3 daughters 38 to 34 in age all have there own kids one has never married 3 kids one is divorced 2 kids and living with someone one is married 3 kids but living apart from her husband and kids talk about a disfunctional family, any way they all have this immage of their father like I walk on water or something .
This issue has me really confused I don't want to ruin my relationship with them and distance them from me I love them moer than life itself,Do I have the right to add another burden on them with my secret.
To tell or not that is the question??

Kimberly
11-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Olivia, you're post is truly inspirational! Do you have an update?

xx

Diane Paris
11-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Olivia: Thank you. I found your well written summary of telling your children to be very helpful to me. You are quite brave. You told them in March, so how do they act toward you now that some time has passed? Thanks agan. Diane

GypsyKaren
11-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I told my 31 year old son about me this summer, plus my step-son and daughter-in-law also know. In fact, she saw me dressred for the first time last week. They're all cool with it, it doesn't bother them the least.

GypsyKaren

Gails
11-13-2005, 12:56 PM
:p We have 2 boy and a girl, all were raised from the start with me crossdressing. It was not new to them or un natural. They have seen me completely dressed, no wig or makeup, but all the clothing, thay have seen me in nothing but panties or panties and bra. The boys were offered panties when young, but as far as I know they were neve accepted (both are in there 40's now). There was never anything said, that I know off, except, when my daughter was helping her mother with the washing, she made a comment that "Dad has more panties than you and myself"

suit
11-13-2005, 02:35 PM
To me that is such a big question I have been strugling with for some time now. When I finally came out to the wife and what a disaster that was now do I tell my kids or just leave it alone . I have or we have 3 daughters 38 to 34 in age all have there own kids one has never married 3 kids one is divorced 2 kids and living with someone one is married 3 kids but living apart from her husband and kids talk about a disfunctional family, any way they all have this immage of their father like I walk on water or something .
This issue has me really confused I don't want to ruin my relationship with them and distance them from me I love them moer than life itself,Do I have the right to add another burden on them with my secret.
To tell or not that is the question??

sort of interesting your "they all have this immage of their father like I walk on water or something ."
just a thought ..but might it be3 a good idea for them to usea realalist yeard stick to measuer others by letting them knoiw your noit perfect eather?

Olivia
11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Kimberly and Diane, I'm so glad that my experience was helpful for you. I have truly been blessed with my family. My son is still living at home and he sees Olivia just about everyday. I'm not really too much into makeup, other than lipstick occasionally, but I do get dressed in femme clothes almost each day after I get home from work and wear a wig about half the time; usually I'm wearing a "do-rag" type scarf around my bald head(yeah, that does suck, lol). He is just soooo cool with it! He totally accepts me as Olivia and I feel completely relaxed around him. I have a very dear cd friend whom I've met in person and he knows about her and I can talk to him about our conversations as well. I've helped him with car projects and such, while wearing girl tops and shorts with lingerie, of course, and he never bats an eye. My daughter lives in Dallas, about 3 hours away and she works two jobs so we don't see each other as much. She hasn't had the opportunities that he has to adjust but she still accepts me pretty well. I have been a bit more forward with each visit home by her, going so far this summer as cooking breakfast for the whole family in my white capris, girl top, lingerie,etc. She was great with it too. Of course, their personalities are different as well, but all in all, they both have been marvelous in their acceptance of my crossdressing. My wife has been so supportive as well; even though I'm sure she'd prefer I wasn't a cd, she knows it's who I am and she loves me inspite of it. Sometimes I tell her maybe she loves me because of it subconsciously. Maybe that made me the person she fell in love with so many years ago. I know that everyone doesn't have the same opportunity or circumstances that I did, but I do think the secretive part of cding, which I did live for many years(and still do with some sadly), is corrosive to any relationship, and that those who love us should be able to love our alternate selves as well. I know, unfortunately, that that is not always the case. Good luck to all of you in this regard, and know that my best wishes are with you. Olivia

Kayla Smith
11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I have two girls,one that is 13 and one that will be 12 in December. I told them both( on a one on one basis) about my CDing in September of this year, the reason I told them was that there was getting to be too many questions, that could not be just answered with a simple answer. So I explained a little about my other self and then just showed them my collection of womens clothes that I had. They both did not have problem with then or now. My youngest is now my make-up buddy, nail-polish buddy and main shopping buddy(when my wife can't go with me) . According to her its like having a second mom and a dad in one person. They will be going with me to my next Tri-Ess meeting and are very excited to meet my sisters.

HaleyPink2000
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes, I have, and my Daughter is 31 now. She and I are a lot closer because I am honest with Her on every level of my life. No secrets ever. None even about her lesbian mother, my ex wife. Which did leave me for a more femme person, a GG, actual born female. So yes to your question. My Daughter knows all about my being a MtF crossdresser.

Haley:)

Phoebe Reece
11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
My wife and I decided before our kids were born that they would be raised with full knowledge of Daddy's "hobby". In our case that worked out just fine. We did have to explain when they were young that it was not a subject to discuss with their friends. Our daughter is 30 and our son is 26. Our daughter is married now (her husband knows about me too). Our son still lives at home (at least he has a job). I'm still just Daddy, no matter how I am dressed. It simply is not an issue for them.

Jodi
11-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I told my daughter about me 5 yars ago when she was 29. this was right after her mother and I divorced. My reason for telling her was that if I were to die suddenly, she would be the one to come in and clean out the house. I wanted her to have no surprises. Currently, she doesn't discuss it and neither do I.

Jodi

Olivia
11-13-2005, 11:54 PM
. I'm still just Daddy, no matter how I am dressed. It simply is not an issue for them.

Exactly Phoebe! I, we, feel the same way. Olivia

nancy58
11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
My kid is only 9. I don't plan to tell her until she's pretty well all grown up.

Nancy

HaleyPink2000
11-14-2005, 12:13 AM
I believe that Children are better able to understand this better at an early age. Rather than waiting till they are grown up, in a home of secrets and deception.

Haley:)

size7satin
11-14-2005, 12:21 AM
My kids ( 9-11-17)have grown up knowing what was is dads clothing & what was moms. I am glad they have, it would have been hard after their mother passed to explain it to them. Does't seem to phase them.

Wendy me
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
i have not told my boys yet but my youngest son i do belive has a clue been
busted for small things before ...just i never thought abought bringing it up my boys are grown and liveing on their own ... perhaps some day i will tell them....