PDA

View Full Version : unexpected reply & ego boost

Shelly Preston
06-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I did not want to hijack a similar thread

I get out and about a lot more than I would ever have expected a few years ago.
Yes sometimes I get a few strange looks. I have been lucky to only have received a few bad comments, some of which I was only told about later by a friend.
You just never know what can happen

Recently I was involved in a conversation for about an hour with a friend of a friend. (both female) I asked my friend later if she had explained I was part of the transgendered community. She told me she had but this had an unexpected consequence. Her friend refused to believe I was not female.

Thats what I call an unexpected ego boost.

Has anyone else had a similar good experience

Marleena
06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Recently I was involved in a conversation for about an hour with a friend of a friend. (both female) I asked my friend later if she had explained I was part of the transgendered community. She told me she had but this had an unexpected consequence. Her friend refused to believe I was not female.

Thats what I call an unexpected ego boost.

Has anyone else had a similar good experience

Nope, no experience like that Shelly but that sure has to feel good.:)

Kate Simmons
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Wow, that's great Shelly. Something like that really does make you feel good. :thumbsup::)

Roberta Young
06-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Shelly, i would call that a turbo ego boost! luv Roberta

Sally24
06-07-2012, 01:15 PM
It's a great feeling isn't it?

I had a GG compliment me on some hair clips I was using when I was in a club. I told.her the hair was "new" and was still getting used to it. She looked puzzled at the new, then looked at the other gurls with me and then back at me. Finally her expressioned changed and she said "Ohh". Made my night!

Beverley Sims
06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
From the land of broad accents and cold in the winter, (Only time I visit) I think that is an absolute bonus considering some peoples views north of Hadrian' Wall.:)
I am very pleased for you.

kimdl93
06-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Jeez, I wish. that's really a genuine affirmation, Shelly. It must have left you smiling.

I'm out and about on almost a daily basis, and although I've gotten a few Ma'ms and had a gentleman or two open the door for me, I think I'm usually read pretty quickly, particularly up close. The nicests thing anyone said to me were by an cosmetics SA who told me that she didn't know I was GM until I sat down with her... my neck - adams apple (which isn't prominent) gave me away. Another time she told me I was really pretty...and when I dismissed the comment, she said she really meant it. I felt good..but still kinda doubt it.

Melissa_59
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Wow, that is nice. But I can see where the person who said that was coming from.

:)

Melissa

Cynthia Anne
06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow! If that doesn't boost your ego then you got a problem! I bet you're still smileing! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I really hope you were to give someone some thanks and bunches of hugs for that one. fantastic compliment.

Barbara

PretzelGirl
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM
That is awesome Shelly! Keep riding that high. I can't say I have had that happen yet (fingers crossed).

Shelly Preston
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you for all the lovely comments

I really hope you were to give someone some thanks and bunches of hugs for that one. fantastic compliment.

Barbara

Well I have not met the lady in question since that day. I do still smile everytime I think about it, because I know it was genunine. It should be an interesting conversation when we do meet.