PDA

View Full Version : tanning

LoriAnn_CD
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Just bought one of the new strapless boardwalk dresses at Old Navy - love it. But it got me thinking. Any of the ladies here are thinking of venturing out be aware of tan lines. If you work as a guy outside in shorts and shirt and with a big man watch you will have distinct guy tan lines. This will not work with a strapless dress. My advice, go to the tanning booth and tan wearing the least you can - maybe a thong. However, if you have a SO who doesn't know about your "interests" you will have some explaining to do!
Love to all
LoriAnn

Sam-antha
06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Lori, electronic beaches were built for people like us.
~Samm

Chloe Renee
06-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I just roll with it, they even out. My back looks like a street map currently, I have three different sets of tan lines. A wide and narrow racer back and thin shoulder straps from a cami top. The wide racer back is blending with the narrow one nicely.

kimmyg
06-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Lori Ann
Thanks for the advice

stacycoral
06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a very good bikini tan now, so no removing skirt for me for the summer, owell, love the tan lines, anyway. hugs.

NathalieX66
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Tanning does not work for me. ....I turn to freckles, and it wreaks havock on my makeup. Melanoma ( skin cancer ) is not for me. It's SPF 1000 sunscreen for me.

I just so happen to live about 25 miles from the famous "tanning salon lady in NJ who was arrested for having her kid in the tanning salon.

In New Jersey, the quality of life, unfortunately, is measured by the amount of pizzerias and tanning salons per square mile.......I'm not kidding! It's crazy here.

Jennifer in CO
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I was working in my home office one Saturday morning years ago and the wife was outside working in the back yard. I don't remember now what she was doing at the time but she called for me - needed me real quick. Well, I was wearing a pair of short shorts, a tube top and sandals but went out to help her anyway. It was around one pm (three hours later) when we finally went back in for lunch. A quick bite and then back outside till it was dark. A total of almost nine hours outside in a tube top and short shorts. That is one funny looking tan that is hard to explain -

Jenn

Jenn

Lorileah
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Lori, electronic beaches were built for people like us.
~Samm

Yep and you can still have tan lines...and no you won't get to see mine

Vickie_CDTV
06-08-2012, 02:58 AM
You would be doubling up your sun exposure on the areas where you had previously tanned outside (and therefore increasing your odds of skin cancer even higher.) I'd try an artificial tanner where to help even out the natural tan lines, nothing more unsightly than having to have pieces of one's flesh cut out down the road.

Cheryl T
06-08-2012, 07:26 AM
I tan quite well and tan almost all over (small trunks...lol). It would take a lot to produce strap lines on me once I get my tan although I have wanted to wear a bikini and see those for myself....ah welll......

Jennifer in CO
06-08-2012, 07:45 AM
another tan comment-
for years during the summer my "barn attire" has been short shorts and a tank top of some kind (no I don't wear the same one every time - ewe). My wife and I are only out for about an hour in the morning and an hour in late afternoon but it is always enough that by the end of the summer I have a tan that will be around till spring. Three years ago it was a racer-back tank, then two years ago it was a square-cut tank and then last year it was a spaghetti strap tank. The funny was with the spaghetti strap tank I have a second "strap" line on the back where the bra strap doesn't follow the shoulder strap of the top down - I love it. I had planned on a "special" tan this year. I had bought 4 tanks that were spaghetti strap but were 2 straps (small cords) on each side that crossed in the middle of the back and the bottom of the back was much lower - almost mid-back. The others, while harder to explain if you were topless, could be. But my planned tan this year was going to be very girly. Unfortunately, we now have house guests that won't be leaving till mid July so my plans are bust....for now.

Jenn

Wildaboutheels
06-08-2012, 08:03 AM
I tried this a couple of years ago out of curiousity and it was about 8 bucks a can then and came in only three colors. It is marketed for legs but I don't know why it could not be used anywhere. I just checked online and it IS still available. I think I probably bought it at Walgreens or Walmart. It can/could be blended by how much you spray on and just how much you spread/feather it. I highly suggest you give it a try.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/skin-body/leg-care/airbrush-legs

cathie pantyhose
06-08-2012, 09:41 AM
i was working on my laptop in the backyard one afternoon while wearing a sleeveless dress with my new 4" heel sandals. The tan on my arms and not on my shoulders was easy to explain as a sleeveless cycling jersey but the tan lines on my feet from the straps of the heels was another one. Wore socks all weekend.

Karren H
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
The sun is evil!! When you get my age you will wish you had stayed out of it more. When I wear an outfit that exposes and differential tan lines I use a liquid bronzing product to blend them away... Works good. And look mom... No skin cancer! Lol.

Beverley Sims
06-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I am fair skinned so I only get sunburn lines.:)
Like Karen says "The Sun is evil", these days.
Lots of sun shield for me. Especially in the snow.

Katie83
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible (not that difficult in the UK). I have seen skin cancer do what it does to a close relation of mine recently, sun tans aren't worth it....
It's also my opinion that pale skin can look much more feminine than overly tanned skin.