PDA

View Full Version : Chickened Out on Panties

outhiking
06-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I went to a local shop, in drab, and managed to screw up enough courage to select and buy a couple of nice, femine camisoles. I wanted to also pick out some panties, but there were so many to choose from and I chickened out sorting through them. Think I'll go to a dept store and just pick up a package of them.

It's easy to think a guy buying sexy lingerie or a dress is doing it for an SO, but with something as utilitarian as panties, hose and camis, it seems a bit more obvious who they are for.

Thanks all for the continued encouragement!

Jennifer W
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Aw too bad you chickened out. I bet there were a lot of choices! My first time shopping for panties was online. Then I went to Victoria's Secret and bought for "my wife." Since I have been reading here, I personally have come a long way and don't care what anyone thinks. Truth is most SA's don't care who you buy for, they want the sale. Once I put that in my head (as I was driving to the store) I found it easy to buy for myself and it is now even easier. I take my time now and look to get better quality for my money. It will come with time for you I am sure! In the meantime, enjoy the camisoles!

Beverley Sims
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Wear a long coat, go to the pretty sexy panties section close your eyes kneel down, hide your head among the panties and pick what you want.
You do get stares but you gain confidence and the satisfaction of having a selection of underwear when you get home is enthralling:)

Stephanie47
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Not really! When I bought sexy nightgowns for my wife I always went over to the panty section with my selection to find a color match panty. The sales associates always felt I was thoughtful and considerate. Why? Because after bedroom play there tends to be leakage...if you an read between the lines. If you're going to buy camisoles, which I do on occasion, I always try to find matching panties. It works on the same premise. Ultimately, someone is going to 'unwrap' the gift packaging. You'd really be surprised how considerate SA think you are. And, you are! It's the same with buying an ensemble for a woman. Select the sexy dress, then go to the lingerie department and buy a matching bra and panty set to complement of colors of the dress. Unfortunately, sexy slips are in short supply! :( You have to get those at a specialty retailer or on the Internet.

Just have a glass of wine and get into the psychological mode of buying a complete ensemble for the sexiest woman you know, even if that person is YOU! Don't give up!

sweetvictoria
06-08-2012, 12:14 PM
It can be very nerve wracking to buy things like this in drab. I am still nervous when I do it. You are right, buying one or two things can be passed off as gifts for a SO but much more and it gets suspicious. I have also chickend out at times. I did find a clerk at Macys once that was very helpful and non judgemental. I walked out of the store with a skirt suit, dress, panties, and a pair of shoes. Unfortunately, she no longer works there.

Foxglove
06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
It's easy to think a guy buying sexy lingerie or a dress is doing it for an SO, but with something as utilitarian as panties, hose and camis, it seems a bit more obvious who they are for.

This is what I used to think. There were certain things I wasn't afraid to buy--dresses, skirts, tops, etc.--and things I was a bit uneasy about--bras, panties, make-up, etc.

But on a recent shopping trip, I spent about an hour in a pharmacy choosing all sorts of cosmetics. When I was done, I just went up to the checkout and paid like any other customer. I have no idea what the checkout girl thought about it. If a guy goes in and buys, say, some nail polish remover, she might think he's buying it for the wife/daughter. But I had heaps of stuff: lipstick, nail polish, eyeshadow, eyeliner, powder, blush, etc., etc. The bill came to over €40. So why would a man being buying all sorts of stuff like that? I don't know what she was thinking. But she didn't say a word to me, just rang up the purchase. She was smiling the whole time, but it struck me as a friendly smile, not a knowing one. I didn't care anyway what she was thinking. I just wanted the stuff, so I bought it. And I had no hassle doing it. All the time I was in the place there were women looking for stuff themselves, and none of them said anything to me or gave me any strange looks. Basically, it was no worry.

Later, I found a dress I wanted in a shop. I also saw a nice bra/panty set. I didn't really need that, but I decided to buy it, just to see if I could. As I said, I'd previously been a bit leery buying that sort of thing in a shop. But I had no problem. Not even when I spent a bit of time examining the bra, trying to decide if it would fit. Normally, I'd take a C, but in this case the C appeared a bit small. I held it up in front of me, then took a D and held it up in front of me. I'd really prefer to be shopping en femme so I could try the stuff on. But in the end I thought the D looked right, so that's what I took (and it later turned out to be right). Then I just went up to the counter with all three items and paid for them, and that was it.

Annabelle

Barbara Ella
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
You are on the right track. You just need more practice and you will be hitting those panty counters like a natural.

Barbara

max
06-08-2012, 01:31 PM
TBH I'd say sexy panties are one of the MOST likely things a non-CD guy might buy for his girlfriend to wear. I certainly do understand the feeling though of working up the courage to go shopping some place, working up the courage to browse through potential purchases, and then "chickening out" and leaving. That feeling does suck.

Karren H
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Well you can always wait till the next guilt free lingerie purchase day.... Valentines Day 2013?? Always nicer to hear "aww that's so sweet" vs "you pervert". Lmao

Foxglove
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Well you can always wait till the next guilt free lingerie purchase day.... Valentines Day 2013??

Use your imagination, Karren. No reason why a woman can't have six birthdays in a year, plus three or four anniversaries. Then there's Christmas, and unlimited numbers of "special occasions".

Tracii G
06-08-2012, 01:53 PM
LMAO Karren.
Just keep buying things it gets easier trust me.

sterling12
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh, well! You do understand that guys buy lingerie for the Significant Others all the time, don't you. No reason you can't be one of them!

But as a "stop-gap," head down to WallyWorld and pick up a package of Hanes Her Way, nylon panties. Reasonably pretty, they wear well, and NOBODY at Walmart cares what you do! (Except, perhaps shop lifting) You have your choices, single color or variety, bikini or full panty.

You'll still have to work up The Courage to remove those panties from the hook on The Display, you'll probably have women around you shopping in that department, and you'll have to surrender your debit card at The Register. Just trying to get you prepared. It's always going to be "something," unless you just say **** it! And then move on with the rest of your life.

Peace and Love, Joanie

kimmyg
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Don't be chicken
.when i want to have some fun i go to walmart lingere dept in drab
I shop for panties and stuff, i always ask the grandmother types that are always shopping what they think of how the panties or a bra would look on the me
to there reaction is always a.n ice breaker. And helps me to have the me nerve to buy

Foxglove
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
. . . you'll probably have women around you shopping in that department . . .

Peace and Love, Joanie

My experience with shopping is that the GG's don't even notice you. They're too focussed on their own shopping. I've actually bumped into a couple of women while looking for stuff (or rather, they bumped into me) and I might as well have been a stool or a pillar for all the notice they took of me.

On my last shopping trip, I found a pair of shoes I wanted but I wasn't sure they'd fit. I really wanted to try one on. So I had a look about me, hordes of women all over the place, not a one of them paying any attention to me. So I sat down and slipped one on. It fit, I bought them. No big deal.

Annabelle

Karren H
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Use your imagination, Karren. No reason why a woman can't have six birthdays in a year, plus three or four anniversaries. Then there's Christmas, and unlimited numbers of "special occasions".

Telling someone your buying your wife a bra and panties for her birthday is kind to admitting they are for yourself. And unless they are red and green with white fur... Lingerie for Christmas is out...... making Valentines Day the only REAL holiday you can "legally" buy lingerie!

You could always use the fall back excuse... "I lost a bet....... With my wife on her birthday"!! I've used that many times! Lol.

KimberlyJean
06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
My best trip out dressed was to Victoria's Secret to buy panties. In drab I always feel out of place, I wore a black pant suit with low heels that flatters me well, and went in on a Monday about the time a woman would be dressed like that and skipping work to shop a little. The shopping women didn't give me a second glance and the SA was super friendly, calling me Maam and Dear. I felt 100% more comfortable purchasing panties en femme. Normally in guy mode I have the little pink striped bag and I try to hide it when I walk through the mall, this time I was proud to show it off! The hard part is getting the nerve to go to the mall en femme.

outhiking
06-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks gang. One step at a time I suppose, but at least I have a couple of camis to show for my efforts.

BillieJoEllen
06-09-2012, 12:20 AM
I well remember my first time buying panties. I was surrounded by three salesladies. I was soooooo nervous! Finally spit out a reason why I was buying them and had them pack them up. It was only one pair of panties (my size at last!), white, silky and very plain but they were mine! All mine! I lost seven pounds of sweat buying them but I got through. And so will you. You just have to do it!

tiffanyjo89
06-09-2012, 01:04 AM
You know what, I honestly feel that telling the SA it's for a friend/relative/etc when it's really for you opens up an awful can of worms. Sure, you start getting comfortable being in the department, but most SA's have dealt with men buying stuff for gifts before and know that gift receipts are available in most stores, so if the size is wrong (on most stuff, panties are typically out) they can be exchanged no prob. Also, if you do shopping in the same stores enough, there's a chance the same SA will help you out and even possibly recognize you. If you constantly walk in by yourself without a girl with you, there's a decent chance said girl doesn't exist. In bigger stores (along the lines of Walmart) this isn't a problem since turnover is pretty high, but in smaller shops (like some stores in the mall, for example, where employees actually receive training on how to sell items and tell if they'll fit or not) your SA will probably be there again.

If a SA asks if you need help, just say yes, and that they are for you. If they don't want to help you, you don't want to give them your money, simple as that. A good bit of stores pay their SA on commission (or at least partially on commission) still and the possibility of a lost sale is worse than threatening their life sometimes (okay, maybe not) and a good bit of stores give their SA training on how to be professional to various groups of people and expect nothing but a friendly professional attitude. Most national chains actually have email addresses and/or phone numbers you can call and issue complaints if you have been given poor service.

Another thing is, most SA are very good at eyeballing stuff (for a few reasons, one being cause they are expected to, also women tend to be good at eyeballing things like panties anyway since most stores don't allow them to be tried on) so they can probably tell you if what you are buying will fit.

Maria 60
06-09-2012, 04:39 AM
For some reason when i go shopping with my wife and I walk by the women cloths and there's a man there by himself and going through cloth, bra's it seems like no one even notices him. Sometime[s my wife will drift away from me and it seems like people around me are looking at me funny. I have to stop caring what people think and start doing what make's me happy, and i suggest you do the same. Go out and buy some panties.

suzy1
06-09-2012, 05:36 AM
I get all my girly stuff on line.

Am I chicken?........................cluck cluck!:heehee:

ronda
06-09-2012, 06:43 AM
most of the time i just walk in find what i want check out and go home i might even say to the person at check out do you think it will look good on me they laugh and say i don't thing so. some times when there are a lot of GG in the store i will chicken out but that is not often.

Teri Ray
06-09-2012, 07:54 AM
I shope in the womens section of stores all the time. If you act like its no big deal others will likely not pay attention. If the sales associate asks if the items are for you just smile and say "You never know" Most people arent paying attention to any thing other than their own business. Like others have said keep at it ..............it will get easier.

deebra
06-09-2012, 07:56 AM
I remember how anxious, nervious, scared and embarassed I was when I first bought panties or a bra, now after many years and maturing and gaining self-confidence as a person I find shopping for lingerie and female clothing a treat and I thoroughly enjoy it. If women are shopping around me I have the self confidence to hold up panties for size, feel the fabric and carry them very visible throughout the store. When checking out I lay them on the counter and look the sales person straight in the eye and enjoy the whole experience. It's fun to shop for female clothing. And like everyone here says, the other shoppers and women don't even know you are there and it's fun to invade the women's department; now if they only knew the panties I'm wearing while shopping are probially more sexy and feminine than theirs.

daviolin
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Buck up girl. Why should you care what the sales person thinks or the people standing around in the store? Yes I know it is nerve racking at first. Been there done that. It gets better with time. Now I love going shopping in drag or drab. It dosen't make a difference to me. If I need new panties I buy new panties. If I need panty shields I buy them. Yes I wear panty shields. I do get a little leakage after the bathroom stop. Daviolin

Launa
06-09-2012, 10:11 AM
If you've fallen off the horse, take a few days and get right back on it. Don't worry about a thing. I shop in drab and if anybody says anything at the till then I say they are for me but I have had my cold feet troubles before. Just get back out there.

tiffanyjo89
06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Referring to Daviolin's post, many times men have actually gone to the store (whether it be a Walmart, Walgreens, or the wall at the local gas station) to buy "feminine products" for their SO. I'll hazard a guess that some of those SA that work in the mall have had their bf do that as well, so to them a guy buying panties is a nice gesture.