PDA

View Full Version : 10 things you didn’t know about MtF crossdressers

Frédérique
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
You’ll never see THIS on TV! This is mainly for purposes of entertainment, or for those who have already made up their minds about us. I’m here to educate (and entertain)...

1) The majority of us are NOT gay. I am continually amazed, bewildered, befuddled, and stupefied by how MtF crossdressers are “seen” by outsiders. If he’s wearing women’s clothing, or perhaps a hint of forbidden color, or placing his hands on his hips just-so, he MUST be gay, no doubt about it, case closed. There can be no alternative explanation for this ripple in the placid waters of gender correctness, so we, the accused, are “judged” to be gay, which is another way of saying “wrong” these days. There are plenty of heterosexual MtF crossdressers, who, simply because of outside pressure, are forced to question their sexuality as they stride forth along a lonely path of their own making. I don’t know what the percentage is, but many of us are very, VERY straight. However, I gave up (surrendered) a long time ago; in fact crossdressing has effectively destroyed my heterosexuality. This is just one of the BENEFITS of dressing against your birth gender, something you staunchly homophobic types can look forward to...

2) You can wear a dress and still be masculine. I do it, HE does it, and in fact most of us “do it.” I’ve met many MtF crossdressers who are just men in women’s clothing, which supports my so-called theory that wearing women’s clothing is a purely sexual exercise for many. Of course, you need to have your own definition of what being “masculine” entails, but I’m constantly surprised that most males do not “absorb” anything from their feminine trappings. I cannot dress up without losing my masculinity, but others transform into something very close to the original. Strange but true, in a literal sense, yet reassuring for all those SO’s who are so concerned about losing their “man.” HE isn’t really “going” anywhere; rather he is making visible that which has been hidden from view, for obvious reasons. Can dresses ever be seen as masculine? Oh, never mind...

3) Many of us have no desire to “be” women. Take me, for example. I can’t recall a time when I ever wanted to BE a woman, but, gosh, aren’t these swell clothes comfy?! It’s impossible. We have a neutered male cat that still does “male” things, and my sister explains it thusly: “He was a male too long!” It’s the same with me, I’m afraid, so I couldn’t handle a woman’s thankless “gig,” if I may be so bold. In my way of thinking, I have violated any idea of becoming a female by simply remaining male – I may take on feminine gestures, affect a female voice, and straighten up my posture, but I am still male in all but appearance. I’m sure that If I WAS a female, I would immediately look over the fence and see what mischief I could get into, albeit in a reversed role. I “cross-” rather than “trans-,” so I will always be as I am, no more, no less. Despite this, I like the “tranny” moniker very much...

4) There is no handbook. We make it all up as we go along, by trial and error. Yeah, I’m a self-taught tranny, and proud (well, happy) about it. One deviant thing leads to another, and I am now like the High Priestess of Perversion. I never thought it would get this far, but, much like Alice, I just have to know what’s behind that next door! When I started, I never thought I would “graduate” to full-fledged transvestite, complete with wig, makeup, and adornments of all sorts, but I did, causing ME to undergo a transformation that was neither shocking nor unwelcome. I hadn’t seen the real me before, and there she was, reflecting back at me in the mirror. I smiled, and I kept going, in fact I’m still pushing forward, seeing just how much I can get away with. This is FUN...

5) Its not all about sex. Strangely enough, it is possible for a man to dress as a woman and not get the least bit aroused, but I employ memory and magic to detach myself from an innate over-sexed nature. The clothes help to dispel my sexual energy, and I can enter a calm space by way of vulnerability. I do not dress to attract anyone, unless it is my “self,” using the opportunity to enjoy a quiet evening together. Oh, dressing in clothes that aren’t made for your specific gender (or body) is very exciting, but some of us are so wrapped up in fetishistic tactile worship that sex literally can’t find the handle! I cannot insult the things I adore, you know, so I behave myself – that, alone, is worthy of dressing up for, in fact a detachment from all male urges is very comforting, to say the least...

6) Tucking is both physical AND mental. When HE gets tucked away physically, SHE magically appears, standing on top of the high ground, overlooking the valley. Now is the time to put things right, as quietly and gently as possible, while HE is away, hopefully for a fortnight. If I mentally tuck him away, I cannot observe typical male behavior without offering a comment or two, hurled from my lofty perch, high above the madding (male) crowd. Once tucked, effectively neutered in a willful display of self-control, I can no longer move mountains, but I can certainly paint a pretty picture of one! No more useless struggle, and no more meaningless “contests.” I am she and she is me and we are all together. So what if “he” suffocates? He deserved it...

7) Most MtF crossdressers detest effeminacy. They hate being thought of as sissies or fairies (or even queers), taking steps to distance themselves from any and all labeling that society has unfairly provided. Is this because certain males are afraid of what they might become, or are they insecure by design? I like being effeminate, in fact my inherent effeminacy made crossdressing a foregone conclusion. I consider being called a “sissy” to be a compliment, since it means I have succeeded in my quest to be different in a glaringly obvious way. I would tap the nearest male with my magic fairy wand, but I’m sure he would snap it over his knee and then beat the crap out of me with it. I have met the enemy, and HE is typically male – how about a kiss, darling? Sissies are better lovers, BTW...

8) The “community” is largely imaginary. For US, I mean, since we are the “weak sisters” of TG. To many, we are nothing more than a gaggle of pathetic panty fetishists. Sad. Referencing my earlier comments about homosexuality, “we” are trundled together with G, L, and B for reasons of expediency or laziness, depending on how you look at it. I dislike all groups and their attendant group thinking, simply because I am a solitary sandpiper, zipping to and fro in an effort to survive and enjoy my existence while I can. I get no sense of “community” here, but it is not the fault of GLBT – I am a true outsider, a fact that is reinforced daily on this site, and out in the real world as well. Being a bisexual semi-closeted MtF crossdresser with a high degree of effeminacy makes me part of a minority within a minority within a minority. As such, I won’t be appearing in any parades, but you can still write to me (if you can find me)...

9) Society is KEEPING us in the closet. Because we are dangerous. Well, how else would you explain it? We’re forced to dress BCD. If little Johnny catches a glimpse of neighbor Freddy, and suddenly realizes he can tap into his dormant effeminacy and wear girl’s clothes, doesn’t this threaten the house of cards that society is based upon, at least in gender terms? The reality is that little Johnny can still be masculine and heterosexual, have a family and do all those things that “normal” boys do, but, at the same time, stay in close touch with feelings others will never understand. He is no threat to society, but he must remain in the closet for the “good” of society. I honestly think that MtF crossdressers represent the last vestige of unchained sensibilities, and this, rather than sexuality, is what worries the purveyors of “decency.” Someone out there is having unsolicited “fun,” and THAT just won’t do!

10) After a while, you get used to it. The intolerance, I mean. It’s unfair, but I’m a lover, not a fighter, in fact I am submissive to a fault. Other Mtf crossdressers may enjoy the complications that wearing the wrong clothing will inevitably produce, but I stay within my “self,” protecting HER at all times. This means I cannot have a “normal” life, but I’ve gotten used to that, too. I’ve also gotten used to the idea that my so-called “lifestyle” will never be seen for what it is, and I will always represent the punch line to a very un-funny joke, no doubt at my own expense. What a drag. In many ways, I fall back on my true “self” for support, and SHE is always there, comforting me and blotting my tears. I don’t know what I would do if I was forced to abandon my beloved crossdressing, since it represents the fast lane to peace, love, and self-understanding. I’m used to being abnormal, to the point where normalcy seems perverse. This is either denial on a grand scale, or a monumental achievement – I agree with the latter...

Thanks for reading. If all goes well, this is my 2,000th post, and today is my birthday(!) :clap:

They say that everyone you meet fears something, loves something, and has lost something. I fear losing the magic of my beloved MtF crossdressing, so I come here to spend time with my sympathetic CD friends - you have helped me more than you know, and I sincerely appreciate it! I love you all, my dear sisters...
:kiss:

tara t
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
great post and may i wish you a truly wonderfull birthday :)

larry
06-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Happy Birthday
Hope it is a nice one..

divamissz
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Happy birthday, and I truly like your post. You say some things that need to be said.

RADER
06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Happy Birthday;
I love your 10 commandments, their great, and very true.
Rader

Marleena
06-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Great post Freddy! I hope you have a great birthday!

Your post needs to be printed out and framed and placed in strategic places.:)

JustWendy
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Happy Birthday, Frédérique. You saved a great post for #2,000. Congratulations on the 2 milestones you achieved today.

Wendy

Sophistic8d_grl
06-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Thank you, Frédérique, for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations with this forum. In an extremely cursory web search, one unverified and unreferenced article estimated 95% of Crossdressers were heterosexual. I appreciate you provoking again the consideration of such a common question in our lives. I further wonder how geography and social media affect both the samples obtained for study and society's understanding or acceptance of this issue...I love a gal who makes me think!

Sandra1746
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope you have many more happy ones.

Hugs,
Ssndra1746

Eryn
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Happy Birthday, and happy 2000th post to one of my favorite writers!

I think that all of your observations are on the money with the possible exception of #7. Ever since I've been actively CDing I've also noted a change in my attitude in drab. Previously I was insecure and would have refused to wear an article of clothing in drab if it wasn't in the male requisite colors of brown, black, gray, or dark blue. Now that I've explored a bit further I find that wearing things that are a bit effeminate is rather empowering. So what if some Neanderthal thinks I'm a bit swishy? Let's see him muster the huevos to put on a dress and take a stroll in public! Who's stronger now? :)

Sarah-J
06-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Happy Birthday and congrats on the 2k! :D

Cheryl123
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Happy Birthday Frederique. I enjoy your thoughtful posts always.

Barbara Ella
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Frederique. Grats on the 2000th post. My first thought was how to get this printed and posted just everywhere. Your thoughts continue to evoke more thoughts, and that is a fantastic thing to do. Keep doing.

Hugs, Barbara

AKKaren
06-08-2012, 07:10 PM
:bday2:First of all....Happy Birthday, Girl!!!
I so agree with your post, also!
Have a gret day!!
Hugs
Karen:battingeyelashes:

ColleenA
06-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Love this post. It gives a lot to think about, even though I don't agree with every one of your points. But I did want to comment on a few ...

3) Many of us have no desire to “be” women.

While I daydream about experiencing the “good” parts of being a woman, and while I flatter myself that I can empathize with and understand women's views better than most men, I know that I could not actually function in life as a woman. Even spending a little time talking with my BFF confirms to me that she has always had the outlook of a woman. If I tried to transition, I know that I would have to “act” the role; hormones might help change some of my brain's processes to be more feminine, but I would never truly be female.

6) Tucking is both physical AND mental. When HE gets tucked away physically, SHE magically appears ... I am she and she is me and we are all together.

I find this thought to be wonderfully eloquent.

8) The “community” is largely imaginary. For US, I mean, since we are the “weak sisters” of TG. ... “we” are trundled together with G, L, and B for reasons of expediency or laziness, depending on how you look at it. ... I get no sense of “community” here, but it is not the fault of GLBT – I am a true outsider ... As such, I won’t be appearing in any parades ...

I can attend GLBT events with my BFF, but since I can't pass, I don't dress outside my home. Thus I am just a guy coming with her and I feel like an outsider. I don't connect with the gays or lesbians at any level other than as a friend and ally (though I am not trying to minimize the importance of such a position). But if I get your meaning, Frederique, I too will stand on the sidelines of any Pride parade - there is really no place for me in the parade.

BTW, the parade comment reminded me of a blog I read a number of years ago. The person was going to keep a monthly diary online of their transition. For seven or eight months, they faithfully made an entry of their counseling appointments, the effects of the hormones on their body, etc. Then there was a gap of about five months. When the final entry came, they said they had given up on transitioning. They thought they were transsexual but eventually realized they were only a crossdresser. The first made them feel special because it was cool and edgy. As for being a CD, though, "who throws parades to celebrate men in dresses?"

Alice Torn
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
As a fellow single oddball in society, and self developed cd, I could not have said it better. I hope to actually go out dressed soon, to some municipal and symphony band concerts in the park. At six foot six, i am a minoity, too, and better not wear a short dress or skirt! Sad, that we are considered a danger.

Emily Barton
06-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Happy birthday and congrats on 2000 posts! I always find your topics an interesting read, and this is no exception. Looking forward to reading more of your threads in the future!

MsJanessa
06-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Well I suppose everybody has the right to voice their opinion--Happy Birthday

michelle2020cd
06-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Hope you have many more, Happy birthday

drushin703
06-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Frederique: 2000 posts! Has it been that long? They were all fabulous and thanks for posting....Happy birthday to you also.
No. 6: On tucking, "no more useless struggle and no more meaningless contests". What a great line....thanks for all
you do...dana.

TGMarla
06-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Happy birthday, brothe......err....sistah! As usual, you're spot on.

Lori B
06-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Happy Birthday Frederique!:bday2::bday::balloons:

jillleanne
06-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Happy birthday hon. Fun post.

AnitaH
06-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Happy Birthday and Happy 2000th. You have such a way with words I always enjoy your words. They always make me stop and think. Such eloquence, so often. Keep up the good work.

AnitaH

Karinsamatha
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Happy Birthday :hugs:, and happy 2000 post! keep up the good work.

darla_g
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Very nice post. well thought out. I would say i agree with most of it.

Bree-asaurus
06-08-2012, 08:45 PM
9) Society is KEEPING us in the closet. Because we are dangerous. Well, how else would you explain it? We’re forced to dress BCD. If little Johnny catches a glimpse of neighbor Freddy, and suddenly realizes he can tap into his dormant effeminacy and wear girl’s clothes, doesn’t this threaten the house of cards that society is based upon, at least in gender terms? The reality is that little Johnny can still be masculine and heterosexual, have a family and do all those things that “normal” boys do, but, at the same time, stay in close touch with feelings others will never understand. He is no threat to society, but he must remain in the closet for the “good” of society. I honestly think that MtF crossdressers represent the last vestige of unchained sensibilities, and this, rather than sexuality, is what worries the purveyors of “decency.” Someone out there is having unsolicited “fun,” and THAT just won’t do!

No..... closeted cross dressers are keeping themselves in the closet. Society put you there... but you can decide to hide, or you can show the world that you are out there.

Acceptance will never happen without exposure.

BLUE ORCHID
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi Freddi, Happy Birthday & Congrats on #2000.

As always another fantastic thread .

Loveday
06-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Happy Birthday Frédérique, I really love your 2000 'th post.

Xrys
06-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Verry thought provoking post. I agree with most of it, but I do share Bree's thoughts on point #9. Society may have forced us into the closet, and it can make a compelling case to stay there. However, it is still our choice wether or not to throw open the door and reveal our true selves, or stay hidden, alone and depressed. I am also seeing as I slowly begin to push against the door that there arent as many people puching back as I thought there were. And as the real me slowly becomes visible through the opening, I can hear the voices of my true friends cheering me on. Society has changed a great deal, and sometimes I feel I am not giving enough credit to the people in my life. I am slowly realizing that the room outside are full of lots of different people, and they dont all share the views of the ones loud enough to be herd on the other side of the door. Just because the opposition recieves the the majority of exposure does not mean that it composes the majority of our society. Just because they are the loudest, doesnot mean that everybody else agrees with them. I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but this is something that I am trying to change in my own views of the society I live in. We are always aware of negative coments, and dirty looks, but how aware are we of those that just dont care what we are wearing, those who respect our decisions? How often do we transpose the worst experiences we have had with people and generalize that all people are like that? How is saying that our society is full of uncompromising, uptight, religous nut jobs any different than someone else saying that all CDers are gay? Steriotypes are steriotypes, regardless of who is applying them. I will admit that there is still a need for much change, but I also want to give credit where credit is due. I apologise for another long rant, but I feel that sometimes our own perception of the world is clouded by our worst experiences. I am just trying to see the world I live in as it truely is, so it can see me as I truely am.

Sorry for the rant.

and Happy Birthday, dont let this young idealistic, philosophical jabberjaw pop any of your baloons.

Bree-asaurus
06-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Verry thought provoking post. I agree with most of it, but I do share Bree's thoughts on point #9. Society may have forced us into the closet, and it can make a compelling case to stay there. However, it is still our choice wether or not to throw open the door and reveal our true selves, or stay hidden, alone and depressed. I am also seeing as I slowly begin to push against the door that there arent as many people puching back as I thought there were. And as the real me slowly becomes visible through the opening, I can hear the voices of my true friends cheering me on. Society has changed a great deal, and sometimes I feel I am not giving enough credit to the people in my life. I am slowly realizing that the room outside are full of lots of different people, and they dont all share the views of the ones loud enough to be herd on the other side of the door. Just because the opposition recieves the the majority of exposure does not mean that it composes the majority of our society. Just because they are the loudest, doesnot mean that everybody else agrees with them. I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but this is something that I am trying to change in my own views of the society I live in. We are always aware of negative coments, and dirty looks, but how aware are we of those that just dont care what we are wearing, those who respect our decisions? How often do we transpose the worst experiences we have had with people and generalize that all people are like that? How is saying that our society is full of uncompromising, uptight, religous nut jobs any different than someone else saying that all CDers are gay? Steriotypes are steriotypes, regardless of who is applying them. I will admit that there is still a need for much change, but I also want to give credit where credit is due. I apologise for another long rant, but I feel that sometimes our own perception of the world is clouded by our worst experiences. I am just trying to see the world I live in as it truely is, so it can see me as I truely am.

Sorry for the rant

No apologies needed... if you (people who are misunderstood) don't break the stereotypes, who will?

Marguarite
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREDDY !!!
Here is hoping one day we might see this on TV, Thank You for putting on the page what I feel.
Love You, Huggs

Cynthia Anne
06-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Girl you always amaze me! This time being no exception! Your 10 is so true! I rate it a 10! I feel obliged to add, happy 2,000th! Er I mean congraduations on the 2000! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hugs!

NathalieX66
06-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Frédérique!
All is true.
Happy Birthday! :bday2:

alter_3
06-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Happy (belated) birthday, your post made my day! You captured a few things that I totally relate to, especially points 3, 4, 8 and 9. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your thoughts!

Teri Ray
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Happy Birthday Frederique. #4 was the one that shocked me "4) There is no handbook"........................... We need to write one.

daviolin
06-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Happy Birthday Frederique. I love your post, You hit the nail on the head ther girl. I guess we are all Bozo's on this bus. Daviolin

Chardonnay Merlot
06-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Happy belated Frederique...I haven't been on this forum long, but I've taken the opportunity to read a lot of you past posts. I like the voice with which you write and I respect the thought you put into it. :)

Plus, your a midwestern girl who listens to Ultravox...that gets massive cool points ;)

darlaj
06-09-2012, 09:23 AM
First Happy Birthday! Second, after just a few days being part of the forum I am awestruck at the support given between all the members. It is so comforting reading post describing and helping me define the part of me that has been hidden for as long as I remember. Thank you for your personal incite.

Beverley Sims
06-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Happy Birthday Frederique and I like the name wordsmith.
You are as good at it as "The Thinker."

Leila Be
06-09-2012, 10:17 AM
First of all: Happy Birthday! Second, I've been really touched by the depth of your insight and ability to put in words what so many of us are unable or unwilling to do. The insight and elegance of writting style that you use is a real delight to read and I say "Thank You" for sharing. Also, as a quiet girl hailing from the midwest (KCMO) it makes it all the more endearing to know you. Friend request on the way! :)

kristinacd55
06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
First...congrats on 2000 posts and it's a great one! And a Happy Birthday too! Sending the link of the post to my semi-separated wife :) And soon I'll be at that 2000 post mark....can't wait lol.

Jane G
06-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Freddy. I too have achived something today, I've managed to read one of your post all the way through.:eek: I normaly cheat and skip paragraphs here and there. This one is so good had to read every last word. Have a realy good birthday and keep posting.:battingeyelashes:

erica2
06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday, and of course, many more. 2000 posts! Wow!
I'll do good to get to 200... eventually.
Loved the 10 thoughts, and count me as another with #4 being the favorite.
I am Erica 2

Erin McShea
06-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Happy belated Birthday!! Hope it was grand!

Great post. Keep'em coming

Erin

Vickie_CDTV
06-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Happy birthday Frederique!

4) There is no handbook. We make it all up as we go along, by trial and error. Yeah, I’m a self-taught tranny, and proud (well, happy) about it. One deviant thing leads to another, and I am now like the High Priestess of Perversion. I never thought it would get this far, but, much like Alice, I just have to know what’s behind that next door! When I started, I never thought I would “graduate” to full-fledged transvestite, complete with wig, makeup, and adornments of all sorts, but I did, causing ME to undergo a transformation that was neither shocking nor unwelcome. I hadn’t seen the real me before, and there she was, reflecting back at me in the mirror. I smiled, and I kept going, in fact I’m still pushing forward, seeing just how much I can get away with. This is FUN...

Technically...there is a "transvestite subculture" (as the medical establishment has referred to it in their literature), and has been for over 50 years, and manuals, guides, advice etc. in printed form have existed as long, not to mention trans support groups. So in many ways there is a guide to what one might want to pursue (going out dressed, passing etc.) as well as encouragement to do so (at least to some extent, depending on the time period.) So one could argue, if one is looking for a guide or handbook, it has existed (if one knew where to look) and exists today (the internet.)

Foxglove
06-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Very good post, Freddy. A lot to think about there. One thing that strikes me so clearly about you is that you know who you are and you're comfortable with yourself. Two things I'd like to achieve myself.

By the way, you might want to add an eleventh point: TG people never agree with each other on anything--although some people might disagree with that.

Best wishes always, Annabelle

geri-tg.
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
You sure hit close to home for most of us. Thanks for a great post.

RainyNightGirl
06-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday Freddy. A thought provoking post, and I relate best to number 4 - how true. Hugs, Natasha

Kate Simmons
06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I honestly didn't know anything about 'em until someone told me that's what I was. I thought I was just an old soul in hiding. Oh well, you learn something every day I guess.:)

Sarah Doepner
06-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Happy belated birthday Freddie, this was a very nice gift to give to all of us who have come to your party. I'll put a bow on it and save it to bring out and share with those few who would really appreciate it.

There are a couple of things that stand out in your list and make me react, maybe even think. Most important are the following, not necessarily in this order; "This is FUN...", "I hadn’t seen the real me before, and there she was, reflecting back at me in the mirror."; and "I couldn’t handle a woman’s thankless “gig".

Your pokes at misinformation and stereotypes work well to point out some of the barriers we face if there is any desire to move beyond the fringe. But that's where we are and it's because there was never a place in the middle of our culture for crossdressing men. It's very much like those of us who spend 20 or more years developing as a crossdresser and then bursting out of the closet and wondering why our loved ones can't accept us within the first 20 or 30 minutes. Crossdressers have been scratching out a rich but limited existence on the Internet and in some of our cities and towns. If we focus on just that bit of the edge, it can seem like we should be accepted anywhere in society because we are out and proud in that nice, soft corner. But "Society" as you mention has it's own structure and expectations that sit right smack in the middle of our existence and it doesn't want to give up any of what has kept it safe, sound, stable and unsurprised for so very long.

Those of us who want to move away from the fringe toward the center, and can do it successfully are to be thanked for slowly and effectively lowering those barriers and changing the stereotypes. And you are to be thanked for laying out arguments that can be used, debated, nailed to the doors or turned to confetti, depending on the situation. What your words (and those of so many others here) accomplish is the creation of a new stereotype. That of the mtf crossdresser who is not a threat to a self-confident society, but someone who will work to create a peaceful, comfortable, enjoyable and entertaining contribution to that society.

Thanks for the conversation.

Miranda-E
06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
No..... closeted cross dressers are keeping themselves in the closet. Society put you there... but you can decide to hide, or you can show the world that you are out there.

thank you.
there is way too much whining and blaming and not enough taking responsibility in the CD community.

ReineD
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Happy belated birthday, and congratulations on 2,000 posts.

I enjoyed reading your thread. :hugs:

There are different closets. My SO is closeted at work and with family and some friends, she goes out regularly but in the next town over. She is happy with the balance that she has struck, but she is still closeted compared to someone who is TS and lives full time. I think that society accepts even less someone who is dualgender than a person who is decidedly one gender or the other.

I don't think you can compare the two. Also, for some people the difference might be all about living in a neighborhood where the houses are fairly far apart and there is a garage to leave from and return to, and living in the middle of a small town if your boss and family members live nearby. Everyone has different challenges.

HannahF6
06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
This probably is too late, but Happy Birthday Frederique and thank you for your 2000 thoughtful posts.

Hannah

carbonara
06-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Happy birthday and as many would agree, a great 2000th post!

kimdl93
06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
A belated happy birthday and 2000th post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I might take mild exception to 7) because I really don't detest effeminacy in anyone else and frankly when I'm dressed and out in public, others may (quite understandably) l presume that I am effeminate. But I'm fairly capable of disguising that fact when I'm en drab. And maybe even with 8). We aren't a community in the traditional sense - I grew up in a small rural community, where people interacted in a variety of venues - church, school, the local Farmers Union, etc. That kind of community hardly exists anymore. But by virtue of my presence here and in RL, I do feel sense of participation in the community of interests - within the GLBT "community", as a bisexual, transgendered person.

Frédérique
06-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I’m taking a break from writing (HOORAY!)... :clap:

...but I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge all of the kind words and well wishes expressed in responses to this thread – a huge THANK YOU from me to you all!!! I’ll try to get around to answering everyone, one way or another, privately if not publicly – I beg you to please be patient with me...
:)

We aren't a community in the traditional sense - I grew up in a small rural community, where people interacted in a variety of venues - church, school, the local Farmers Union, etc. That kind of community hardly exists anymore. But by virtue of my presence here and in RL, I do feel sense of participation in the community of interests - within the GLBT "community", as a bisexual, transgendered person.

I live in a community like the one you have described, in fact I chose to live here, even though I do not participate in the community that I have chosen to be a part of. Therein resides a paradox, for the community does not acknowledge our “community.” I am thus compelled to stay at a safe distance from people who neither feel we are worthy of recognition, nor meant to be a visible or viable member of a largely conservative enclave. This taints my opinion of “communities,” but I carry on as I always have, a misfit who has fallen through the cracks in society, landing on my feet in some kind of alternative universe...

From my perspective, the GLBT community IS largely imaginary, but I am somewhat isolated and many miles away from coming in physical contact with that particular community – I only “see” it here, as a matter of fact. Also, I keep to myself, since my crossdressing emerged from that point – I am an existentialist in this regard, so I am naturally wary of communities. That being said, the GLBT community certainly exists as a political entity, but when I read about it I feel like I don’t belong, or I shouldn’t be seen as a proper representative. I’ve approached this discussion many different ways, chiefly in an attempt to define who or what we are – it all hinges on the word “transgendered,” which I have dissected ad infinitum, and the difference between a person who crossdresses and a transgendered individual. Simply put, if you don’t FEEL you’re a “T,” how can you possibly be part of GLBT?
:idontknow:

However, since I have declared on several occasions that I am bisexual, I suppose I am part of GLBT that way, and not because I wear women’s clothing for pleasure. Still, at the end of the day, I am very much “tucked” away, out of sight and out of everyone’s mind – don’t forget that I chose to live here for reasons of privacy! I also have a sense of participation in the community of interests, as Kim said, but that is a community of my own making. Feel free to carry on without me, whether you’re G, L, B, T, or something betwixt and between, but please don’t look down upon the lowly MtF crossdresser and his (her) fetishistic (and sometimes closeted) worship of forbidden objects. That’s the message I hear (read) from time to time, around here, and that is the origin of #8 in the OP...
:straightface:

Now look what you did – you started me writing again... :doh: