PDA

View Full Version : More comfortable telling women I dress

heathr1
06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
In real life, are you more comfortable telling women, rather than men you dress?

I am.

Also, I find it easier to buy feminine things from female sales staff.

Marcia Blue
06-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh definitely, women seem easier to talk to, and mostly more accepting. Men often run at the first chance, when encountering something out of the norm.

Kassandra56
06-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, yes, yes...I don't even know how I would start explaining my feelings to a guy but it's different with a girl. I suspect it's because you are saying you like the things they do therefore there is an immediate connection.

k

LeAnne Marie
06-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Certainly so. I just have an easier time overall communicating with a woman period. It's like a guy tries to say everything with as few words as possible, which makes it difficult to open up to each other. Also agree on the sales staff too. Just the looks I get from a male cashier buying something like just a hair brush.

Gillian Gigs
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
The only things that most guys are comfortable talking with other guys about are; sports, cars, boats, hunting, fishing, work, and that just about covers it. How often do you hear men talk about their families? Well, maybe the sports that the kids are playing. And I am not talking about the "bitching about the ole lady" either. Women are relational and talk about personal "stuff" and that makes it easier to talk about habits, and choices in clothing styles.

Rebecca Star
06-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Most women are more understanding than guys, why is that? Well, for the want of a better term, I think it's because they operate on an emotional and nuturing level. They're certainly more inclinded to be connected to their feelings and be open about them. Granted there are acceptions.

As plutonic relationships go, I've had no problem telling my g/f's I dress. All of them have been cool with it. And it's also a bonus too. While I don't venture out en femme, I've had fun just hanging out with the girls...

As far as relationships go though, one thing GG's really dislike is being lied to and mislead. So I would advise anyone who is in a new relationship to suss out how it's going and ig you think it's going somewhere then fess up and tell the girl. While the risk is there it may end, the flip side is you maybe suprised and she will accept you warts and all. Either way I'm sure she'll respect you for telling her the truth :)

BRANDYJ
06-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I am much more comfortable in telling women that I dress then telling men. Women tend to be more open-minded when it comes to gender or sexual differences then men. Men feel a need to project and prtect their macho image by putting down anything that to them is less then being a man. In my life I have told only 3 non-CD males. I had a fairly good idea on how they would accept it and I was right about 2 of the 3. The only one that did not accept was my brother due to his brain washed religious beliefs. He said he could not have "that" in his life. We went 4 years of no contact until just a couple of months ago. But that's another story.
I have told about 8-10 women friends and my past 2 wives and present SO. In each and every case, we became closer.

Sandra1746
06-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Going in to the bra shop and asking for assistance is only one example.

My neighbor and I were talking once when I was over helping her with some farm chores and I told her I considered myself TG. My wife later told her I was also a CD. Her response; almost a yawn. I don't think she told her husband but she might have...

However today I had to "terminate" a woodchuck I had trapped and I called her first so she could see one "in the flesh". They are from AZ and thought woodchuck=prairie dog (NOT). She and her husband came over and it was then I realized I had my fingernails and toenails painted a bright coral pink and I was wearing sandals.

BUSTED..... LOL. The "paint" was not remarked upon but I am sure it was noticed. Oh well, I am already the eccentric neighbor, this just adds confirmation.

Laughter,
Sandra1746

Stephanie47
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
It may be easier to talk to a woman about cross dressing than a male, as long as the woman is not your wife!!!!

Kate Simmons
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't think it would matter although the subject does not normally come up in every day conversations.:)

RainyNightGirl
06-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I think because CDers want to dress like women and imitation is the highest form of flattery then that is why we find is easier telling GGs...eg "we want to dress more like you." Also if you are a heterosexual CDer of course you find it easier telling women anything intimate.

In general I find it easier dealing with GG SAs but that's because they will know more about female attire etc and I will get better advice/service than from a male. Any time I have been in a Payless Shoes (buying heels etc) and its been a male cashier they have been more than helpful but unless they are CDers themselves a female SA is going to know more about heels. I understand Payless has a great customer service especially for CDers but I do not think we should write off all male SAs - some of us could be male SAs - and we should take each person individually and I think that is what is important. There are some very understanding open minded men out there too who would also be supportive given the chance (and their sexuality has nothing to do with it), its really the person themselves that counts.

Alice Torn
06-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Yep! I have told a number of women, but only two men. I havve great difficulty conversing with most men. Men are stunted, more insecure, quick to get tough with you, with few words. I find most men quite depressing, and limited. There are exceptions, though, as with everything.

Foxglove
06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
The flipside of this question is who do the FTM's find it easier to talk to? I once saw a survey (and I can't find right now where I tucked the results away), but a majority of FTM's reported that they found men more accepting of them. Not a huge majority, but a majority nonetheless.

So it may be a case of women being more accepting of MTF's and men being more accepting of FTM's. That's understandable in a way. You're quitting one team and joining another. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if the one you're quitting is a bit resentful, while the one you're joining is more accepting.

Annabelle

RADER
06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
I can talk o my wife all day long about dressing; tell anyone else, not really.
Rader

Cynthia Anne
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I'd much rather talk to women! Rather it be shopping or whatever! Hugs!

Nicole Erin
06-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Men are often insecure in their masculinity and that is why they have problems.

leliani
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Women are easier (and nicer) to talk to. But gay men are have been pretty cool about it.

Beverley Sims
06-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I think I relate to women better, it is a female thing that REAL men don't seem to understand.
Gay men have an understanding as they are already imprinted with a "difference."

kimdl93
06-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes, I find it easier to tell women. I suppose its less potentially threatening.