PDA

View Full Version : Told a close friend about being transgender for the first time ever

Nicole Rose
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
So I went out to get a drink with a close friend of mine and ended up telling her my best kept secret. I told her I was transgender and I've been hiding these feelings for my whole life. She is the only person I've ever told and said I hid it well. She's gay so I figured she'd be the only person close to me who'd understand growing up "feeling different." I told her how I grew up relating more to women than men. I've always been attracted to women but I've also wanted to BE them as well. Pretty much the most confusing thing ever. I have a hard time crying but she had no problem doing the work for the both of us. I still can't believe I told her. It was such a relief because I've been carrying this with me my entire life and holding it in. I told her about my depression, anxiety, mood swings, etc. She accepted me wholeheartedly and even said it was awesome! She basically wants to be there for me as much as possible too. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Dawn cd
06-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Congratulations, Nicole. I can well imagine that was a powerful moment for you. And kudos to your friend who was so accepting.

RADER
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
It is nice to have someone just to be able to talk with. Congratulations.
Rader

Marcia Blue
06-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Nicole, I am glad you found a true friend to confide in. Lucky you.

Cynthia Anne
06-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Nicole that is so great! Sounds like you have a true friend to share with! Hugs!

kimmyg
06-10-2012, 09:41 PM
good friends like that are hoard to find...........keep her

Mythic
06-10-2012, 10:25 PM
You're very lucky. Told a close friend of mine today. Didn't go well, an had to cut the friendship off.

Sophia Claire
06-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Congratulations, Nicole! It feels good to finally tell someone, doesn't it? I first came out to a female friend of mine who is... well, she's the gayest straight woman in the world. And a huge hippie. She thought I was joking, but then when I convinced her I was serious, she was intensely curious and very supportive. Even showed me a little bit about makeup. I don't know what I'd do without her.

LisaMallon
06-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Yes, brings back memories. My first conversation was quite as 'nice', though the other person was supportive.
But a sense of relief, finally someone else knows. And fear .. oh god "someone else knows".

Now, in my case, everyone knows .. but that is another step.

Congratulations, you are so lucky to have someone who is so supportive ... and not to be alone any more.

Kate Simmons
06-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Good for you Nicole. I'm proud of you Hon.:)

Jennifer Marie P.
06-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Nicole you did the right thing now you have a girlfriend and keep her.

Beverley Sims
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Good for you Nicole,
I hope this cures your depression. Mood swings and anxiety come with the package I believe.:)

Vicky_Scot
06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
So I went out to get a drink with a close friend of mine and ended up telling her my best kept secret.

The thing is its not your secret anymore, thats the only problem.

That person can do with it as they wish.

kimdl93
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
That's great, Nicole. My hope is that as you emerge to those you love and trust, you'll feel some relief from the anxiety and depression. Its hard hiding oneself.

Foxglove
06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
So I went out to get a drink with a close friend of mine and ended up telling her my best kept secret.

You're very lucky. Told a close friend of mine today. Didn't go well, an had to cut the friendship off.

Congratulations, Nicole. Hope everything goes very well for you.

And Mythic, sorry to hear your bad news. Sometimes you almost feel like it's the roll of the dice, don't you? Hang in there. You have friends here.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Jennifer W
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Good for you Nicole!

Nicole Rose
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
The thing is its not your secret anymore, thats the only problem.

That person can do with it as they wish.

I trust her immensely and I know she would never let me down. She's extremely loyal and I trust her more than anyone with this secret.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words. It's such a relief!

Mythic
06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks Annabelle. It's honestly better this way. She gave a homophobic reaction assuming I was doing all kinds of disturbing things. My sis supported me though. You win some, you lose some.

Again congrats nicole. I envy you ;P