PDA

View Full Version : OMG! As of TODAY, I Am NOW " T-Minus" 4 Months & Counting to SRS

Traci Elizabeth
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Yep! I got my Confirmed SRS date exactly ONE month ago today for October 11th.

When I posted my Original Thread, I stated that my SRS was 5 months away which seemed like a life time.

But many of you stated that it would go by fast. I did not believe you!

But as sure as can be, this past month FLEW bye! I can't believe it.

But I fear that as each month comes, time will slow waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy down. Wherein each day will seem like a month.

How do I feel? I am both super excited and at the same time nervous about everything going well and my recovery.

Jamie M
06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Hehe, time can be such a weird thing. I hope the next few months fly by just as this one has. I'm only at the start of the road and your position is literally years away for me but I'm can't help being excited about it being out there in my future so I can only imagine how you must be feeling now ! I'm sure your recovery will all go just fine and i'll be counting down for you :)

RADER
06-11-2012, 01:02 PM
When I was in the service, we counted the days until discharge. Less than 4 months we where
considered short timers. We would say things like, I only get yellow bananas because I might
not be here for the green ones to ripen. LOL
So like a watch pot that never boils, don't look at the calender, just consider your self a short timer.
Why you are so short, you need a ladder to see a snakes belly. Etc
Good luck.
Rader

Kathryn Martin
06-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Before you know it you will be dilating, sitzbathing and admiring.......:o:D

Are you going alone?

Traci Elizabeth
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Are you going alone?

Yes Kathryn! After much discussion, both my wife and I agree that it would be best for her to stay. She is the #2 person in a corporation and it is impossible for her to take a month off to be with me. Furthermore, we have care commitments at home, as well as a very large property that could not go untended for 30 days. It's not that she does not want to go and it is very difficult for her to stay home during this operation.

Jorja
06-11-2012, 05:47 PM
It will be here before you know it. Find something to do to take your mind off the the impending date.

Stephkat
06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm just starting to get facts about all this but congrats on getting your date to live the life you should have started with.

If you wouldn't mind, how did you begin with finding a therapist/psychiatrist that understood your dilemma to get HRT. I'm living out here in North Dallas and I'm having trouble finding anyone that even has barely a clue or how to deal with any gender dysphoria.

I'm so very happy for you. :battingeyelashes: