PDA

View Full Version : TT Races, Camping and a Rock Band

Kaz
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, I have just got back from the Isle of Man TT Races. I was camping with 5 other guys, two of them serious bikers, on a campsite full of bikers. Why was I there? Because my hard rock band was playing 9 gigs in 8 days - Lizzy/ACDC/Zeppelin/Sabbath/etc...

So... no explicit Kaz time for a while (NO I am not OUT to them)... the weather was awful and the campsite was WET! So I have been in pretty much full on bloke mode for a while and feeding on the 'inner Kaz'... back home today, I am not jumping into lingerie, I must admit, but the bath and full body shave feels like a dream...

I am in a strange place... a 10 day tour to the TT races and living with bikers is not my 'norm', so I have had a bit of a holiday I guess... working every evening in the band has provided a focus... so I have been a little bit introspective on life the universe and everything...

What can I say? TT Races, Camping, Hard Rock Guitar, 10 day tour... I am trying to reconcile this to being Kaz? Are they compatible?

Emma Leigh
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I,m a Biker, & I like Camping, and Rock music........so it sounds pretty good to me Kaz.......tho the not dressing part would be hard to live with ....... If you became Kaz full time.......would you give the band up????.. or is that the dilemma

Kaz
06-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks Emma, I am in three bands... only one currently actively gigging, but you raised a great point... I don't see Kaz trumping the band! So many girlfriends who are attracted to musicians then try to stop them doing it! It is a classic story! So I don't want Kaz to screw it either! There are tensions though... but it is about learning who we are... and I am still learning! Till I die! xx

Emma Leigh
06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks Emma, I am in three bands... only one currently actively gigging, but you raised a great point... I don't see Kaz trumping the band! So many girlfriends who are attracted to musicians then try to stop them doing it! It is a classic story! So I don't want Kaz to screw it either! There are tensions though... but it is about learning who we are... and I am still learning! Till I die! xx

There is no reason you cant be both Kaz..and in a Rock band......just not at the same time.......probably

xdressed
06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm in a much harder edged band (much more Slayer than Sabbath lol) and it's working fine for me, but I do sometimes worry how well I will cope if and when we start going on tours. I think as long as you're busy it should be easy enough to keep the two worlds separate but compatible