PDA

View Full Version : How do you pass the time when 'en femme'?

Adele 2005
11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Strange question perhaps, but it seems to me that some here like to get really dolled-up when 'en femme' for nights out, shopping trips, special occasions, or even just for the thrill of getting dressed, and why not! Well, nothing so glamorous for me thank you! With the first weekend in ages all to myself, it's been a jeans and sweater couple of days.

After a Saturday trip 'en homme' to the local hardware shop I built myself a hi-fi unit out of some pine and half a ton of stainless steel; cheered on England's win over Argentina (3-2) on the television (for the US contingent, I'm talking about proper football here :D !); got reacquainted with my music collection, listening from Bowie to X-Ray Spex; and at last got around to Spring cleaning (in November!) my messy apartment and moving my furniture around. A trip to a local charity shop and the council dump is now required for all the dross I've managed to clear out (to make room for more new stuff!).

Through all of this I have managed to remain looking impeccably dull and frumpy, and more or less free of any desire to put on nail varnish.

So, do you have any extremely mundane stories about your uneventful weekend 'en femme' to share too?

... Or is it as I suspect: you all lead very exciting lifestyles and have been out at nightclubs, glammed-up and partying to daybreak, eh?!

Maddie Nolan
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi Adele.
On the rare occaision when I manage to spend any length of time as Maddie, I do nothing more exciting than watching movies, listening to music, surfing the net or doing the housework. Quite sad really! Being a "closet case" I wouldn't dare venture out of doors, especially not in daylight, so that sort of limits ones options a little. Still, any time spent en-femme has got to be a good thing regardless of what I am doing.

KatieZ
11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I usually try to go out en femme one night on the weekend and the other night usually involves something I have to be in drab for. However I have the weekdays. Those days I shower and dress as soon as I get home. Then it is just regular living doing day to day stuff cooking, washing, and what have you and the rest of the time either here or plopped down in front of the tv.
I have done some work around the house dressed though. Light carpentry or painting I wear an old skirt and top that is past ready for a charity shop. Bigger projects and outdoor work I do wear mmmmale (hard to say that without stuttering) clothes. And only because you just never know who might pull up the driveway when your headed the other direction pushing a lawn mower, but I'm getting over that.

Hugs

TGMarla
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Like Maddie, when I have the rare occasion to dress for any extended length of time, I'm still a home-body, a "closet case", as she said. Sad, but infinitely better than nothing at all. I enjoy any activities I get while en femme, but it's strictly an indoor event at this point.

Kimberly
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
A cup of tea, and look in front of the mirror and a reading session on this very forum.

I love you guys. :) xx

Billijo49504
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh Ya, It's so exciting. Today we went to the grocery store and blew $150. When we got home I changed out of my good girly jeans and put on a beater skirt and bloose, to fixed lunch for the wife and I. We had fried steak and potabella mushrooms and onions, with homemade mashed sweet potatoes. That is a great recipe. One stick of butter, melted in a pan, through in a couple of handfulls of pecans and about a double shot of bourbon or Capt. Morgan rum, Add a tsp of cinnoman, ginger and nutmeg. Let them simmer for a while. while you microwave a couple of sweet potatoes. Peel them when done, then put them in with the pecans. Mash them and add about a double shot of orange juice and about a handfull or two of brown sugar to taste. Simmer to reduce the liquid and stir constantly. They were great, and I got the idea from the food network, between two different shows. Sorry for being long, but I wanted to share the recipe. Remember the holidays are coming, This might be a recipe you might want to bring to a dinner, to show your girly side....Best Billijo

Phoebe Reece
11-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Adele, when I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and simply couldn't go out, I had more dull days dressed up than I can count. Stuck in the house reading, watching television, cooking, eating, etc. However, since I left there a year and a half ago, if I go to the trouble to get dressed up, I'm out the door. Sometimes going out can be fairly mundane too - going by the Post Office, picking up stuff at Home Depot, putting gas in the car. Those are among the things I did this weekend.

GypsyKaren
11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
I like to go shopping when I'm dressed, followed by a trip to the pub for a drink, or to Starbucks for a coffee. I enjoy being out and about, each time my confidence grows a little bit more.

GypsyKaren

breanna1954
11-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I too have not built up the nerve to go out in public yet, but I haven't totally given up on the idea either. I usually pass the time on the net, doing housework, and tv. I live alone so I dress whenever the mood hits which is most of the time I'm at home.

Carol Claire
11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, this last Friday I attended an all-Vivaldi program en femme.
Before going I dropped by Nordstrom's where I bought my new outfit for
that evening and visited with the sales associates. Since I had bought
to outfit in drab at first they didn't recognize me. Then one recognized me and said "you look fabulous!". Oh, and the Vivaldi was superb, too!

Carol Claire

jo_ann
11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years

Ooh, that might be easier to pass... I mean aren't they really covered up there? nobody would really know who's a man or a woman... though if you DID get caught, there's a possibility you'd really get in trouble for disgracing their culture or something, plus I think you HAVE to be accompanied with a man out in public (see recent "american dad" episode)

When I'm dressed, believe it or not I often find myself motivated to do housework. Yeah it can get pretty sweaty with extra clothing on, but whatever gets me to clean... I'm seriously considering getting a french maid outfit for just the occasion, then my wife can't complain because the house will be spotless.

TxKimberly
11-13-2005, 10:27 PM
I like going for drives. Reasonably safe and outside

Kim

Strange question perhaps, but it seems to me that some here like to get really dolled-up when 'en femme' for nights out, shopping trips, special occasions, or even just for the thrill of getting dressed, and why not! Well, nothing so glamorous for me thank you! With the first weekend in ages all to myself, it's been a jeans and sweater couple of days.

After a Saturday trip 'en homme' to the local hardware shop I built myself a hi-fi unit out of some pine and half a ton of stainless steel; cheered on England's win over Argentina (3-2) on the television (for the US contingent, I'm talking about proper football here :D !); got reacquainted with my music collection, listening from Bowie to X-Ray Spex; and at last got around to Spring cleaning (in November!) my messy apartment and moving my furniture around. A trip to a local charity shop and the council dump is now required for all the dross I've managed to clear out (to make room for more new stuff!).

Through all of this I have managed to remain looking impeccably dull and frumpy, and more or less free of any desire to put on nail varnish.

So, do you have any extremely mundane stories about your uneventful weekend 'en femme' to share too?

... Or is it as I suspect: you all lead very exciting lifestyles and have been out at nightclubs, glammed-up and partying to daybreak, eh?!

ericalynne
11-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Whenerver I am alone i dress. When dressed i just love doing housework or any other traditionally feminine tasks. I especially like surfing the web and seeing others like me. I love reading stories about what we do when dressed en femme. It just feels so normal and natural for me to be enfemme. I am totally in the closet so entirley alone in this. See http://profiles.yahoo.com/missericalynne

mary anne
11-13-2005, 11:41 PM
When I'm dressed I like to do something around the house.Sometimes it might be a load of laundry or filling the dishwasher.Then when my wife gets home(who doesn't know about Mary Anne) I walk around the house and see the the thing I did when dressed and I smile, knowing that the things I did as Mary Anne give me a warm feeling deep inside .When Im in drab, I can think about the thing I did while dressed and it will get me thru untill the next time I can dress.

cathy b
11-14-2005, 05:59 AM
i like to go for a drive or walk but spend most of my time here on the fourm.

BeckyCath
11-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, this last Friday I attended an all-Vivaldi program en femme.
Before going I dropped by Nordstrom's where I bought my new outfit for
that evening and visited with the sales associates. Since I had bought
to outfit in drab at first they didn't recognize me. Then one recognized me and said "you look fabulous!". Oh, and the Vivaldi was superb, too!

Carol Claire

I love the way you americans say "visited with it's so much more expressive, and actually describes a friendship...

I try to do everyting in girl mode as i would do as evil twin brother, the DIY supercentre, the supermarket, Macdonalds... church...

I was visiting a F2M friend in the south west yesterday and we went round B&Q, Argos, Asda (Wallmart) and Morrisons... Nothing any other woman wouldn't do...

I guess it all comes down to where you feel you are, how confident you feel, but at the end of the day, who cares what i do, as i am living my life, and who am i to say anything other than "Good on you for doing whatever you do, staying in on the PC or sat at home is equally as valid to you as going out doing stuff is to me"

Rebecca

PS , i work in evil twin mode with vivid pink shiney nails, i just can't be bothered to take it off...

Andi-Girl
11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
When I put the man away, I make sure that the house gets cleaned, and the laundry is done, and prepare dinner. I also will sit and have some me time. My wife is in a book club so I read from their list, or I read the latest People,Vogue, Elle. I would love nothing more than to be able to spend time out of the house, maybe one day.:)
By the time my wife returns home, the man has been let out again. my wife likes the way Andi does things around the house. Andi and my wife have not met yet.

TGMarla
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
The problem I have with "activities" while dressed is this. There is a young man who lives with us, and he and his girlfriend may just pop in at any time. I don't want to get involved in anything and have them come home only to find me running around the house in a dress. It's frustrating, because I have to limit my en femme time to where I can recede into my bedroom and change at a moment's notice. The result is that I'm constantly on heightened alert when I'm dressed. I don't play the stereo, or have the TV on with any real volume, because then I might not hear the car in the driveway or someone at the door. There's a window right by the door, and anyone could just peek in and see me running around all dressed up. So my Marla time is often nervous time as well.

Donna
11-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I spend as lot of my girl time just driving around in my car and smiling at people on the street. I also like to spend time in here chatting with my sisters. Life is so much fun in a dress!

Kisses Donna

Gemma Rhodes
11-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I like taking photos (as you may have guessed). I love to take pics of myself when dressed trying out different outfits and looks then posting them on here for some honest reaction from you all. When Im in drab though I avoid the camera like the plague but can't resist it when im en-femme.

Have recently started going out for drives en-femme too and on Friday night on only my second outing I drove to Boston Belles and back en-femme too.

I also do the housework when dressed as its always more fun and wearing a skirt helps make ironing slightly more bearable. :)

Gemma xx

Shannon
11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm going through a change in my en femme actitivies since I divorced five years ago. I used to spend my en femme time alone at home, on the computer in chat rooms or watching movies on TV. Back then, I was in a mode of dressing in lingerie for arousal.

Now, I'm dressing more completely -- makeup, wig, and clothes to wear outside. I've gone for drives, stopped to fill my tank and get cash from the ATM, strolled around a hotel courtyard, and window-shopped at an outdoor outlet mall. I'm looking forward to meeting some other CrossDressers in the local area with whom to go shopping, dining, maybe to a movie.

And of course, there is always the camera....

Adele 2005
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
It may be a technicality, but I'm going to have take a stern line here on Carol Claire and issue a reprimand! There's no denying it sounds like a wonderful weekend, but in no way, shape or form could it possibly be described it as mundane! ;)

Billijo, we have a similar delicacy in the UK called "bangers & mash" (sausages and mashed potato!) which tastes even better with some Guinness in the gravy!

Now Gemma, I could be 'en femme' 24/7 and there's no way it would change my attitude to ironing.

It's interesting though to find out what everyone's been up to at the weekend, if not a bit nosey!

Billie Renee
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I like to pass my time enfeme shopping ,mowing my yard, going to the mall ,go to the bank,I have even refinanced my house dressed enfeme. I love going out day or night.

Angela Burke
11-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I usually swan around in an evening gown, wig, heels, full makeup, ringing a little silver bell that summons one of the servants to pander to my every whim. "Peel me a grape!".
Unfortunately no.
I'm afaid it's just the mundane things, cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. , and I suspect it's the same for the majority of the girls here.
As a mark of respect to my sisters here I always wear at least a skirt when browsing this forum.
(And before anybody jumps in I wear other clothes as well not just a skirt, you know what mean !)

Love Angela XX

jo_ann
11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
thank goodness, I'm not the only one that likes to clean/cook while dressed... it just makes it more fun, and seem more fitting. when I'm not dressed, it's like I'm the husband trying to be a "modern man".

cosmolovesph
11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
for me it's anything from being online here to watching TV or cleaning house to possible drives to gas up or a walk in the park, occasionally have gone to a store en femme, but that is rare.

Donna tv
11-17-2005, 05:25 PM
It all depends if the oppertunity arises and the wife and i know in advance we are going to have the house to ourselves (our daughter sometimes goes away for weekend trips), we both will shop during the day come home put on whatever we bought that day and we just kind of hang out and have some drinks play some pool and listen to music. If I happen to be alone I go into gay mode and love to chat with horny men admirers exchange some pics and fantazise about hooking up

Karren H
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Well if I'm lucky enough to get out in a vehicle I love to just ride around, go to a park or some enfem shopping!! My 7 hour enfem trip to kentucky was so much fun!! and then 2 nights enfem at the hotel usually ended up webcamming with friends, more like a Cd fashion show or a CD infomercial!!

Love Karren

robinLynn
11-17-2005, 10:19 PM
the most relaxing thing i do is get a glass of wine (i dress like stevie knicks) and just relax with music