PDA

View Full Version : Ann Summers

Kimberlyfaye
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Well I like Ann Summers. I love the lingerie from them mainly. So much so that I want to create an account with them.

But my question is this. Does anybody know if I can sign up using my female name? I would love to have something delivered to me with the name Miss Mikayla.... Does anyone here have stuff delivered to their female persona at their house? Legally am I doing anything wrong?

Hugs

Diane Smith
06-12-2012, 12:50 PM
All my contacts with women's stores are in my femme name and e-mail address, and as Diane, I get a lot of promotional mail from them, as well as actual packages. As long as you use the real name that's on your credit card or bank account when transferring the money to them (there is always a separate space for this on the order form, because many people use a spouse's or business account for payments), it doesn't matter what contact name and address they have in their records.

I suppose laws may differ slightly in the UK, but I imagine it's pretty much the same there.

- Diane

Phoebe
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Well I like Ann Summers. I love the lingerie from them mainly. So much so that I want to create an account with them.

But my question is this. Does anybody know if I can sign up using my female name? I would love to have something delivered to me with the name Miss Mikayla.... Does anyone here have stuff delivered to their female persona at their house? Legally am I doing anything wrong?

Hugs

Nothing illegal that I know at least in the USA postal rules, not sure about the UK though. My postal carrier only needs the correct address on the package and my apartment number for correct delivery. If the package is to large for my letter size box then they leave a note 'see the postal carrier for a package'. I still receive catalogs for a previous occupant in the apartment I live and they passed away five years ago. So the carrier doesn't care who the mail is addressed to. I can always write 'person not at this address, no forwarding address'. Place that mail in the outgoing mail slot. Most likely that mail will end up in the 'dead letter' file or trashed once the carrier has delivered mail for the routes that day.

Gina X
06-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I use my femme name on packages etc delivered to me no problem but I have to use my drab name with my debit card as that is what is on it...................

meghana
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I use my male name for all my purchases i make and recently i got delivered some lingerie to my apartment. No problems there for me. In our place the courier guy doesn't even bother about name at all.

Shelly Preston
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I would suggest the only problem you would have is if you were using the name for the purposes of fraud.
Diane is right use you legal name for credit card etc.

The postal service will be fine. Your postman may ask if you know this person due to the different name, just answer yes she had it sent here.

Natalie D
06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I use my fem name for all my clothes etc delivered to my house. Not sure about the legal issues but as long as everything is paid for I'm guessing no one really cares. I cant see a problem using a fem name and like you say I love seeing stuff addressed to Natalie.

Go for it..:)

ArleneRaquel
06-12-2012, 02:10 PM
My Ulta account is in my female name, but I use my male name for payments via credit cards, I also use my female name at Secretsinlace, but male name for payments. No problems so far.

Melanie Sykes
06-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Hello Miss Mikayla - what a fabulous name! Using an alternate name isn't illegal in the UK, but bear in mind that some companies will only deliver to the name/address registered to the payment card, at least for the first order. This is true for tallgirls.co.uk and a couple of other sites. I'm not sure about Ann Summers - I've ordered from them previously, but using my male name. Of course, if you already have a credit/debit card in your femme name that won't be a problem anyway.

stephenieb
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Why dont you just walk in to a ann summer shop. It is a look easier then trying to buy online. Amazon also sell Ann Summer lingerie as well. That would be your bested bet.

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I use my fem name for all of sandra's purchases, I even ghave a credit card in her name. I own the company and can get credit cards for anyone I want so sandra has her own card.