PDA

View Full Version : Got Laughed At going thru McDonalds Driveup tonight

Anita Luken
06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
On way home from shopping trip to Janesville, WI tonight and went thru the Drive up En Femme. Mid thigh jean skirt, white frilly t top and white shirt. Felt I looked presentable. Place my order and drove to the first window to pay. Gave the lady my money and waiting for change. After a bit another girl gave me my change and the 1st lady came back to the window and made chit chat, seemed friendly enough. Went to pickup window and I saw other employees huddling by the window. OH OH, trans alert. Word of mouth spread quick that I was at the window and to come look. Another younger gal gave me part of the order and then the people shuffled around for a better view. Then another gal gave me the rest of the order and said thanks. As I drove off I heard lots of giggling. Felt like a sideshow freak. Wonder if I shouldn't have gone in and talked to the manager.

NathalieX66
06-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear that.
McD's staff in New Jersey are too dumb and clueless to notice what you're wearing, or who you are. ....they really are, I'm not kidding.

Actually, nobody cares. I 100% put my money on it.

If it's any consolation, last week I was in a French restaurant in a very affluent town in NJ, outside of New York City, dining with someone who is transitoning, and I got a snicker from a few folks, but most left us alone and minded their own business. The restaurant wait staff treated us like gold, nobody bothered us,we had no eyes on us from the other patrons.......it felt normal and great.
I welcome anyone's experience being en femme out in public. Tell your experience. Everywhere on the east coast between Washington, DC, and Boston just doesn't seem to give a 'at's rass'.

arbon
06-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Sorry you had that experience, I have had similar experiences. Not a lot of fun being other peoples entertainment like that.
Maybe complain about it in writing to them?

Cynthia Anne
06-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Perhaps you should of left the car where it was and went in to talk to management! Or just ignore the a$$holes! Hugs!
Knowing me I would of done the first choice!

Shananigans
06-13-2012, 12:42 AM
You should have told them that you also perform magic tricks at $1/person. For $1 you can make a bird appear out of thin air as you simultaneously fade into disappearance.

As the money is collected, flick them off and drive away laughing.

Amy Lynn3
06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Shananigans, two great minds think alike. I would have done the same thing you suggest. Sorry, OP, you had that happen to you.

Courtney_Glenn
06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
seems how this is an online forum, I can not offer you a tangible hug like I would like to. I can however offer a tid-bit form my shelf of proverbs: If someone is trying to take you down, it means you are above them.

Persephone
06-13-2012, 01:31 AM
As sad as I am that you had to endure that embarrassment, I think that Lori M. Crawford made a good point on another thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?176086-i-have-ben-reading), “if you go out an some one looks at you an calls ms it might be you need to work on something.”

You could have gone in and raised some sort of stink with the manager, or you can take it as a critical review of your "performance." Use it to ask yourself what you think got you read and consider how you can work to overcome it.

Growth, achievement, and pride do not come from whining about others, they come from improving yourself.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Lynn Marie
06-13-2012, 01:36 AM
You are going to get made, and young people with tons of insecurities and no class are going to snicker and make fun of you and any other people who don't fit their "norm". Just life in the big city. Pay no attention, laugh it off, expect no less, and if you are respectfully well treated, be overjoyed. That's as good as it gets!

Eryn
06-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, teenage minimum wage hamburger stand employees are neither well-trained in customer service or able to restrain themselves socially. A somewhat masculine-looking GG would have been subject to the same treatment.

Next time dine a bit more upscale, at a restaurant with real waiters or waitresses. They'll treat you much better.

Noemi
06-13-2012, 02:00 AM
People can be trained idiots. Some are idiots with no training at all.

But seriously, I am sure that you were made to feel uncomfortable by the McD's staff, Please be reminded that there is nothing wrong with you/us. We have a strong desire to express our femininity. Feminine feelings that are deeply rooted and obvious to us. Many people will not understand.
On another note♫ Don't eat that stuff, bad for you.

SusanLCD
06-13-2012, 02:10 AM
To echo Nathalie's comment from another part of the country, most places don't care. I'm saddened that you discovered one of the exceptions.

I have eaten alone (as well as with friends) at restaurants in the DFW area with little reaction from other patrons or from wait staff. A few nights ago, I stopped (alone) at a busy mexican food restaurant and had a meal. The greeter walked me to a table amidst the crowd, I sat, ordered, and ate my meal, etc. (Even got a "to go" box because I couldn't finish it.) During the 45 minutes or so that I was there, I only detected one brief glance from another woman a few tables away. Even she returned to her conversation and paid no more attention. Most times, that's how it is: uneventful.

I think it's tougher to order in the drive-thru because our voices set up an expectation of who will be driving up to the window. My voice, for example, is not very femme and the SA will usually be surprised when I arrive at the food window. On the other hand, if I'm in line inside at the counter, the visual cues set up the SAs thoughts for a woman before I ever place the order.

Of course, this will weigh on your thoughts on your next outing. But, try to put it behind you and take your business elsewhere. Soon, good experiences will have replaced this one and you'll realize that you're seeing so much more of life than those SAs will ever know exists. You have the advantage.

Karren H
06-13-2012, 02:45 AM
If getting giggled at is the worst thing that ever happens to you while out enfemme.....

Celeste
06-13-2012, 03:55 AM
You know this has happened to me also,I've come to understand that its bound to happen sometimes...it may have been their first exposure to anyone cd or trans.Try looking at it this way,"they are momentarily at a loss about how to treat you or address you".It would be nice if people would educate themselves a bit more but I'm not holding my breath.

Nicole Erin
06-13-2012, 04:17 AM
It can be aggrivating but kids tend to laugh at everything.
How do you think Beavis and Butthead got to famous?

Best thing is to just go about with life. And yeah, McD's is gross.

LeannL
06-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Anita,
It is hard to be laughed at. It has happened to all of us who have the courage (I am not disparaging those that don't with this comment) to go out into the world as our true self. It is cruel and uncaring to laugh at anyone for any reason.

As someone has already mentioned, the drive through actually makes it more likely that you will be read. If we present as female and our voice is a little off, people give us the benefit of the doubt. The hardest part of speaking is not the pitch but the subtle phrasing, intonation and word selection. When all a person has is the voice without a visual, they set an expectation of what they will see and, bingo, we don't match. I have been unsuccessful at calling someone and being taken as a female but I seldom have a problem when I am out and about. So hang in there.

As a note of encouragement, I would like to relay this story about one encounter. One Sunday morning after going to Mass en femme, I went to the Old Country Buffet for breakfast. I got read right away - like when I walked in. I had people watching me but I didn't care. Had to go to the bathroom (women's) and someone even followed me in. I finished and left and when I was about 20 feet out the door, a young lady came running out and came up to me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for having the courage to be who I was. What more can a CD/TG/TS ask for? Obviously, I will never forget her. So even though there are the jerks out there, there are also many people who care, care to understand and even appreciate us.

Leann

Michelle 51
06-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Get use to it.If we had eyes in the back of our head we would see how much people snicker when they know we can't see them.Most people don't care and will treat you as a person.The thing I find is one jerk will do more damage to your ego than 10 people who treat you with respect.Learn to accept it and hold your head high .

Beverley Sims
06-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Beware that can happen to you. Excessive intake of fast food.
If you eat too much of it like the staff does, you may get reduced mentality as well.:)

mbmeen12
06-13-2012, 04:48 AM
I am sorry for your pain/discomfort. I say, write a letter on who, what, where, when and why to MacDonald's corporation head quarters. Now many restaurants are owed independently but sensitivity training is in order for this corporation. Actually I'm mad/angry! This is NOT exceptable...my Irish is showing, sorry because I see red when I get pissed....

Kathy4ever
06-13-2012, 05:30 AM
They were not very proffesioal in there behavior. I think it is still the nature of the beast that we must over come. On a lighter note they didn't throw stones at you atleast. I remember as a kid i was always taught stick and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt. I really wish that was true and feel your pain. Just don't patronize that Mcdonalds and write a letter to headquarters.

Andy66
06-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Yet another reason to avoid McDonalds. :yucky: Sorry that happened to you.

Kate Simmons
06-13-2012, 05:57 AM
That happened to me at the Wendy's drive up some years ago. I didn't mind the snickering and the last thing the guy said to me was: "Hey man, have a great night." I'm thinking he had admiration for me having the guts to do it. :)

Karren H
06-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Yet another reason to avoid McDonalds. :yucky: Sorry that happened to you.

I can withstand a little public giggling if I really need a Bid Mac enfemme! Lol.

Jenny Doolittle
06-13-2012, 06:06 AM
You are going to get made, and young people with tons of insecurities and no class are going to snicker and make fun of you and any other people who don't fit their "norm". Just life in the big city. Pay no attention, laugh it off, expect no less, and if you are respectfully well treated, be overjoyed. That's as good as it gets!

I have to agree with Lynn's point of view. The kids at McDonald's are just that, teenage kids, that still have a lot to learn about life. Perhaps this exposure will give some of the more mature kids a life experience that will help them grow into adulthood respecting the differences of others as a positive.

CINDYO
06-13-2012, 06:12 AM
i think with that group of people it would have been more embarassing to leave the car and go into the store, you could write the manager a letter, i just do not think that would make any difference either but can't hurt i supppose.

STACY B
06-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Ha,,,Ha,,, What the hell are they laughing at they work at McDonalds ,,,,, Maybe had to laugh to keep from crying ,,,lol,,,, Just get my order up SCREWBALL ,, Before I put a McHeel in your McAss ,,,You McDigg ,,,, Yo,,,,,Yo,,,,,,,

alice clair
06-13-2012, 07:19 AM
What else would you expect from a state where you aren't allowed to pump your own gas, are they just that stupid?

Laura912
06-13-2012, 07:49 AM
My first and only trip out en femme was to a fast food place last year. Was wearing outfit on profile page. Heard some laughter when I drove away but looked up and the staff were together away from the window apparently enjoying a joke and not laughing at me. It is funny how one negative can ruin things. Remember that you had been shopping the whole day without a problem so hang in there.

Stephanie-L
06-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I have to agree with the others here, unless you are a truely fantastic actress, you will get read, and you will get laughed at, especially by teenagers. The first time I seriously went out (as in a cross country drive) I stopped at a mall, just to see if I could handle it. About 10 seconds after I walked through the door a guy broke out in laughter after he saw me, I kept going. After I had walked most of the length of the mall, a group of teen boys started following me, all the way back to my car. They started to make rude comments, I told them to F*** off, got in and drove away. Yes, I was shaken, but it also made me stop and look at my presentation to see what I could improve. BTW, I also made other stops on that trip, including checking into a hotel, without a problem. I don't pass now, and I really didn't pass then, but I still go out, and still keep working on my "look". Just do two things, first, write it off to youth and stupidity, and second, look at it as a critical review of your skills, not very reassuring, but still important. Good luck and keep getting out there............Stephanie

Deanna Jeanine
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Ha,,,Ha,,, What the hell are they laughing at they work at McDonalds ,,,,, Maybe had to laugh to keep from crying ,,,lol,,,, Just get my order up SCREWBALL ,, Before I put a McHeel in your McAss ,,,You McDigg ,,,, Yo,,,,,Yo,,,,,,,

My thought exactly Stacy.......YOU'RE WORKING AT MCDONALDS AND YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME....DUUUUHHHH!!!

EllieOPKS
06-13-2012, 08:00 AM
I wonder if this is how the trend got started of taking your 32 oz drink and flinging it back in the drive thru window?

deebra
06-13-2012, 08:10 AM
In my area (Chesapeake, Va.) the employees at Chic Filea are well trained, polite and have manners. I'm sure they are interviewed and the trash and uneducated are sent on their way, it appears they found a job at McDonalds. Proof of this is at the drive-in if you don't check your bag to make sure they filled the order correctly and they haven't forgot to put everything in the bag i.e. coffee with no stir stick and cream and sugar. They have never heard or use the word thankyou and have to look at symbols/pictures on the cash register to even complete the order. In this area a lot of the teenagers and twenties dress like clowns, especially in the black race with their pants below their butt and holding them up with one hand, and they would snicker at us. Sorry you had to experience such low class air heads.

jillleanne
06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
I always said it's the teens that are the cruelest out there. Older people may look but never comment or worse, laugh at you. Take comfort in knowing in a side by side walking contest in heels, they would look like they just got off a horse, IF they could walk in them at all, and you would look natural. I see so many teens try to walk in heels and they are so knock knee'd or bow legged or both, and can barely stand in them.

Jamiegirl1
06-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Things like this are going to happen when we go out dressed...it has happened to me,if it really made you very upset,I would go on-line and complain to the headquarters about it.....it will be addressed,companies like McDonalds do not want employees that disrespect their customers.....I called and complained awhile back about two plumbers that were laughing and pointing at me going down the freeway,and trying to take my picture.....the idiots have the name and phone # of the company they work for on the sides and back of the truck.....

Julia_in_Pa
06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I have a question for you. Are you going to whine about this or are you going to work to improve yourself until you won't be laughed at?
If I was a CD this is what I would be doing.

Julia

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Honestly, its going to happen, maybe more often than any of us realize. You happened to hear a few giggles, but there are also probably many more comments and laughs that you and I don't hear. No, its not fun...but this experience can only make us feel somewhat diminished if we allow it to.

I agree with Julia that part of our challenge is to work on our presentation, but still you need to grow confident not in your ability to pass or blend, but in yourself as a self respecting, self accepting person. Then it really doesn't matter what anyone else might think.

Jennifer W
06-13-2012, 09:02 AM
I had a bad experience at a local McD's years ago. It had nothing to do with CDing but the rudeness of the employee. I sent an email to corporate HQ and got a note of apology that noted all employees there would be required to go for re-training in customer service and a I got printable coupon for a free meal. If you complain, they will do something.

joank
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
On the other hand, the first time I was mam'd was at a Micky D's drive through window.

IngeInCO
06-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Personally I don't go to any fast food places. Don't go back if you aren't treated well, anywhere.

Alice Torn
06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
In 2005, my third time out, it happened to me at a Mac drive up, in Kent Wash. My wig was a bit small, and didn[t cover my head well. I saw the employees laughing and looking out windows as i left. They are just teens, and i really don;t mind, too much. Another time, at a Wendys drive up, I dropped the change on the ground, and had to partially get out, to pick up the coins. The hispanic young man, was totaally cool. One thing we can do, when a drive up person giggles, or the rest of the crew is giggling, is, GIVE THEM A TIP! That will stun them!

Stephanie47
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
At most McD's you are dealing with high school kids or uneducated youths who cannot get another job. Not all of them are insensitive. Many are courteous. I'm sure if you were a drop dead gorgeous natural woman with a low cut top with breasts falling out, there would have been a crowd of horny immature boys (and men) hanging out the drive through window looking for a peek! I guess it is one of the hazards of appearing en femme in a public setting. You cannot legislate acceptance.

Another reason to avoid a fast food drive through? No. However, read the back of the McD's tray liner. A girl looking to maintain her figure and health will not eat at McD's.

I commend you for feeling comfortable enough to go through the drive through. I'm an in home cross dresser because I dress to relieve stress. My outings en femme in a public setting with engagement with humans and sub humans has been at Halloween. Women seemed to be accepting and complimentary, while men seemed to be in the perpetual immature class.

Barbara Ella
06-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I guess sometimes you just have to do it, but just realize that the professionalism of the food is reflected in the professionalism of the people hired to serve it. At McD's there is not even a thought given to professionalism. Sorry you had to experience this, but it is the hazard of being out and about, and we all need a little bit of skin thickener because the thickness of the meatheads of our society is ever increasing.

And it is a shame that one bad experience is the one that lingers on the mind more than the many good things that happen during your out time. Fugedaboudit, and try for the good thoughts.

Hugs, Barbara

Chickhe
06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
When you go outside, the first thing to remember is that you are doing something a little unusual and you are trying to look like a person of the opposite gender (which will not be perfect)... so you will be 'read'. I would agrue, the mindset you need to have is 'it is obvious that I will be read, I can't believe some of the people do not always read me!...' That way, if someone laughs or reads you, you shrug and think, 'ya..okay, so tell me something that's new'... no big deal. On the otherhand, if someone 'passes' you, you will feel surprised and happy at the result.

Its all about setting your expectations correctly so that you won't be disappointed. Get out of the trap of negative thinking and you will feel better. On the positive side... you made some teenagers happy and added some excitement to their otherwise boring day. Thumbs up!

Bree-asaurus
06-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like McDonalds isn't just bad for your health, but your self esteem too!

Maybe you should take a hint and never eat that nasty filth ever again! :P

whowhatwhen
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Several years ago I got really sick after eating McNuggets, not long after I was pooping blood.
A few months after that I was diagnosed with IBD.

Coincidence? Maybe.
I wouldn't risk it again though.

Edit:
If it makes you feel any better, at least you're not human scum who gets pleasure out of making other people miserable.

:)

ReineD
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Anita, it's been my experience that people have odd reactions to situations they're not familiar with. You've got to admit there aren't many CDers who are out and about.

I'd like to share a story. The first time I met a CDer, years before I knew my SO, was at a woman's meeting that I attended on a weekly basis. She was there with her wife. Prior to meeting her, I just had a very sketchy idea in the back of my mind that "crossdressers" were out there somewhere, but very far away from my world, and they were mostly the drag queen variety that one often sees in gay pride parades.

Anyway, the first few times I went to the meeting my eyes kept wandering over to my friend's husband, not in a judgmental way (I was not a teenager), but it was my brain taking in a new category of people that I had not known before: males who need to present as women, and who do not make a parody of them. I knew nothing about the differences between TSs, CDs, TGs, & DQs then. After these first few meetings I got to know her and she became just that nice person who sits in that chair, that I enjoyed talking to. It wasn't about how she was presenting at all.

The lesson here is, if you begin to go to this MacDonalds on a regular basis and you interact with the people who work there, they will soon see YOU (your personality) shine through and they will learn there are genetic males who do present as women and who are also very nice and pleasant to deal with. I promise you that after a few times, they won't think there is anything worth gawking at.

Vanessa Storrs
06-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Whenever we go out there is a possibility that we will not pass and receive rude comments or poor service. When we present ourselves at a drive up window staffed by teenagers that possibility is drastically increased. I have gone through fast food windows and although have never been treated badly I have been amazed that it takes a dozen kids to serve me a soda.
I drove through the coffee stand on the corner of my street and after the girl did a double take when she saw me then smiled and "Hello beautiful!" She gained a customer for life.

Leslie Langford
There's a reason why they call them McJobs. The labor pool from which they typically draw their employees - except perhaps for students working there part-time or during the summers - is pretty shallow when it comes to educational standards or similar criteria. Typically, the ability to walk upright without dragging one's knuckles - or not seeing light coming in from the other side when peering into a prospective employee's ears - is enough to get you hired there. Not exactly plum jobs, and the turnover rate is horrendous....

Odds are, none of that tribe will still be there the next time you go to that particular Mickey D's...They'll have upgraded themselves by then, and likely found a career position at Walmart (NOT!)...

kimdl93
.....After these first few meetings I got to know her and she became just that nice person who sits in that chair, that I enjoyed talking to. It wasn't about how she was presenting at all.

The lesson here is, if you begin to go to this MacDonalds on a regular basis and you interact with the people who work there, they will soon see YOU (your personality) shine through and they will learn there are genetic males who do present as women and who are also very nice and pleasant to deal with. I promise you that after a few times, they won't think there is anything worth gawking at.

I'm sure this is part of the reason I feel comfortable at my bank, the local Kroger and Starbucks, to name a few places. Perhaps the first few times, my presence was something of a novelty. But that's worn off by now for most of the regular staff. I hope I come accross as an open, kind and pleasant person.

PS...although I'm generally not a big fan of fast food, I do think that McD's and perhaps even Walmart, expect more from their employees than this experience might suggest. But when you're hiring and training mass numbers of relatively low wage employees...sometimes a few fail to get the message. And sometimes, even the very best of us behave inappropriately.

BRANDYJ
06-13-2012, 03:54 PM
My thought exactly Stacy.......YOU'RE WORKING AT MCDONALDS AND YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME....DUUUUHHHH!!!

I'm sorry, but as funny as you think this is, aren't you laughing at those that have to work at Mc Donalds since they can't find a better job in today's economy. I bet we even have members here that feel very insulted now after reading this. I guess it would be better if they sat on their a$$ and collected welfare and unemployment. Some of these people even have degrees and are just trying to keep their heads above water. So let's joke about all low paying retail jobs like Walmart, Kohls, and Target while your at it. Talk about judging!
The crack about working at Mc Donalds is just as bad, if not worse then being laughed at. Sorry, but to me it's in poor taste.

Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect! We are not acting "normal" in the eyes of society. The public is not educated on the topic of gender variance. If I chose to go to Mc Donalds or any public place where the general public goes or works there, then I'd expect to be laughed at. To expect NOT to be laughed at is fool hearty. Get real, the world is not ready to accept us as you or I would like them to.
That's why I don't go out in public, shop in fem mode or expect others to treat me as "normal" if I choose to crossdress in public. Hate to say it, I saw one CD in my work place and even I had to laugh. This guy looked so bad...ragged tee shirt, woman's shorts, sandals, un-kept wig, and makeup that was running off in the heat. So if you don't pass or blend at least 95%, either don't go out, or anticipate the laughs, the stares, the humiliation and being considered weird. Sorry, this is the real world.

DameErrant
06-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Based on their knowledge of English, most of the staff at my local McDs are recent Immigrants and probably still don't know what is considered normal here in Md or not. I could drive up en femme, or walk in, and they probably would think it's just some new American Fashion. Now if they could just get my order right....

On another note, teenagers, for all their rebellious posing, have to be the most insecure conformists of all time. They demand that society respect their right to express their individuality by dressing exactly like everyone else their age. I couldn't put up with this when I was that age, and I won't put up with it now. No teenybopper is going to tell me how to dress. Honestly, this from people who actually think vampires sparkle in the sunlight.....

Voulez-Vous
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect!

FINALLY - someone with some common sense who "gets it" !
This goes with the old saying - "If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen"

Launa
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I know I will get giggled at everytime I go out somewhere. I'm too big to pass, I just have to mentally prepare myself for the outing and try to look hotter than the other girls in public. Do the same and don't let any meatheads drag you down. Don't go back there that food is bad for you.

lori m crawford
06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
hey what do you wont some one to say hi sexey or see the real you if you go out dressed an get read oney wore then asking for it pople are not blind an teen agers ar the worst but do what i do wen some says it to me well if you dressed like me more you might get more or get more respet in life some day you will haft to make a living just me not your daddys money so laff at me know but 5 yrs from see what is like

Voulez-Vous
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
We all need to boycott McDonald's.
Why would anyone do that? I have a better solution for you. Don't go there.

Vanessa5
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
My wife writes what I like to call "nasty grams". When we receive bad, awful, or just plain horrendous service, if she can't get to the manager it goes in a letter (e-mail). It seems this is the best route. No confrontation and no need to humiliate anyone.

susangirl
06-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Same thing use to happen to me at fast food restaurants in the drive through windows. I put an end to this about a year ago and this never happens any more. My answer.... I always park the car and go inside and order. This way all the workers can see me without taken turns at the window. If the ordering of food goes well, I stay and eat. It almost always does. I don't dress very often and only pass maybe 20% of the time, but enjoy every minute. Being dressed as a woman in public is such a turn on it out weighs the way some people act. Try the inside route next time, you will be surprised.

ReineD
OK everyone, the vitriol stops NOW (you know who you are). Anita has been given wonderful advice about how to deal with the issue in a mature, adult way.

Any more slams against fast food chains or the world in general, and this thread gets closed.

LilSissyStevie
Wonder if I shouldn't have gone in and talked to the manager.

One of them probably was the manager.

BRANDYJ
06-13-2012, 07:24 PM
We all need to boycott McDonald's. I haven't eaten there in 35 years. But Wendy's, Hardee's, KFC, Arby's, Jack "in the freakin'" box, Chick Filet, Burger King, etc, they go on and on. Their employees always seem to be the same kind of late teen age school kids, no matter what fast food window you pull up to. We pay our money at the window, we see some young boy with wooden hoops inbedded in his ear lobes, or all those boys with thier huge baggy pants hanging down with thier checkered or flannel huge boxers pulled up as high as they can pull them while they deliberatley make sure that the back of thier dirty T-shirt is above those shorts to show off their tasteless ugly draws. And the little girls that work there with their mousy little voices, and they all seem to be "LIKE", and then they give me my order wrong of course and say thank you have a nice day, "sorry you had to wait", just becomes routine to them. I bet when they get home at night and answer their cell phones from brad or Jason, they answer, Hi (name inserted here), "sorry you had to wait".

I have not seen anyone like you describe in any of the local Mc Donalds. I have no reason to boycott Mc Donalds or any other fast food restaurant. If you say they ALL look like that where you live, I'm just glad I don't live there. Here, we have many hard working mature and older people just trying to earn a living.

Paula_56
06-13-2012, 07:26 PM
I have a question for you. Are you going to whine about this or are you going to work to improve yourself until you won't be laughed at?
If I was a CD this is what I would be doing.

Julia

Thats right Julia being an attractive women takes work....Being an attractive trans woman take more work!!!!!!!!

Marleena
06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
*note to self* do not post about it when I get laughed at.

Eryn
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
If you're lucky enough to live in California or surrounding states, try an In-N-Out Burger. Even though the age of the staff is about the same as the other places they tend to be better-skilled and more focused on keeping customers happy for the simple reason that In-N-Out pays them better. They hire the cream of the crop, burger-joint-wise.

Debglam
06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey Anita,

Looks like it has all been said. Consider it ancient history, smile and move on.

School is out, kids are all over the place, and I had a funny thing happen today (not trans related). I'm on my bike going through a busy intersection and a group of "tweens" are in the crosswalk. One little darling waves for me to stop, pointing behind me like I dropped something. I stop, look around and don't see anything, then the light changes and I have to scramble to get out of the intersection. The kid is on the other side of the street giving me the "haw haw" laugh. I'm pissed and doing my best Homer Simpson imitation: "WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!!" I'm thinking of running across the street after the brats and then I just had to stop and laugh. Yeah, the kid made me look like an idiot but so what? If I was that age, I may have done the same thing but adults were a little less hesitant back then to smack smart a** kids that they didn't know!

Ya gotta be able to laugh and that sometimes means laughing at yourself.

Deb

If you're lucky enough to live in California or surrounding states, try an In-N-Out Burger. Even though the age of the staff is about the same as the other places they tend to be better-skilled and more focused on keeping customers happy for the simple reason that In-N-Out pays them better. They hire the cream of the crop, burger-joint-wise.

Double-double animal style baby!

Tracii G
06-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Never noticed that at a drive thru but I usually use my girl voice and just get a drink.
You can expect that if you go out so chock it up to experience.
Don't dwell on the bad and have fun.

bimini1
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry, but as funny as you think this is, aren't you laughing at those that have to work at Mc Donalds since they can't find a better job in today's economy. I bet we even have members here that feel very insulted now after reading this. I guess it would be better if they sat on their a$$ and collected welfare and unemployment. Some of these people even have degrees and are just trying to keep their heads above water. So let's joke about all low paying retail jobs like Walmart, Kohls, and Target while your at it. Talk about judging!
The crack about working at Mc Donalds is just as bad, if not worse then being laughed at. Sorry, but to me it's in poor taste.

Let me further say, so you are laughed at because you are a man wearing a dress, makeup and a wig. ( not directed at the OP or anyone in particular), What the hell do you expect! We are not acting "normal" in the eyes of society. The public is not educated on the topic of gender variance. If I chose to go to Mc Donalds or any public place where the general public goes or works there, then I'd expect to be laughed at. To expect NOT to be laughed at is fool hearty. Get real, the world is not ready to accept us as you or I would like them to.
That's why I don't go out in public, shop in fem mode or expect others to treat me as "normal" if I choose to crossdress in public. Hate to say it, I saw one CD in my work place and even I had to laugh. This guy looked so bad...ragged tee shirt, woman's shorts, sandals, un-kept wig, and makeup that was running off in the heat. So if you don't pass or blend at least 95%, either don't go out, or anticipate the laughs, the stares, the humiliation and being considered weird. Sorry, this is the real world.

Totally agree. The price of admission is simply not worth the payoff. I have to face it, we are not normal. I feel I look good and have been told so on times out. But have also experienced the ridicule and humilation. Not worth being reduced to a sub human caricature. I'm better than that. I have more self respect than that.

Megan72
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I deleted my own post because I was being pretty mean.

Megan

Marguarite
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
When i was 15, i lied about my age and got a job at a fast food place, it was my first paycheck. I had a lot of fun, for a while I was "Markie Farkle (Laugh-In) in charge of Sparkle(Gino's clean campaign). I also learned lot and before I graduated High School, I was working 60 hrs a week night managing for another chain. Alice had a great suggestion giving a tip, or just a smile and a thank you, might make it a learning moment for "kids" that are at least taking a first step to being a productive member of society. If young people don't succeed, it's just as much our failure as theirs.

Jilmac
06-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Something similar happened to me and my Friend Gale a couple years ago at a McDonalds near Milwaukee, only we had gone inside, ordered our food, and sat there eating it. It seems as if the whole counter staff came out to take a look at us. They didn't say anything but we could see there were plenty of tee hees behind the counter.

One other time in a different location, I overheard some young people commenting about the tranny (me) so I walked up to them and said "thanks for noticing that I'm a guy in women's clothes, I'm having a wonderful time doing what I'm doing, I hope your day is as eventful as mine". Then I smiled and walked away, leaving them totally speechless.

rocketscientist
06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
You will have this sometime. The important thing is to not let them get under your skin. As I've said here before, "If anyone has a problem with how your dressed, THEY have a problem". Don't let anyone make it a problem for you. You have as much right as anybody else to just BE. I usually don't go thru drive-thru's. I like to go inside and interact with people. I want them to see me. I look them straight in the eye and let them know that I AM HERE and I am completely comfortable being here. I didn't get there overnight tho. I remember one of my first forays into public some years ago. It was a 24 hour department store(not THAT one!) late on a Saturday night. I wasn't the best at makeup(still not) and didn't have a really nice wig and I'm sure I stuck out like a sore thumb. I tried my best but I could see some of the employees hollering at others to come "check out the tranny". At the time I was absolutely mortified inside but I kept my head up as I headed for the door. That was a long time ago. I'd like to think that the human race has matured somewhat since. If that happens now, I will walk toward them and pretend they don't exist! Bottom line is that they can smell FEAR!:sb: Ok, that was my rant for the night. Sorry your experience was less than pleasant. Take care. Hugs,Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Debglam
06-13-2012, 10:15 PM
When i was 15, i lied about my age and got a job at a fast food place, it was my first paycheck. I had a lot of fun, for a while I was "Markie Farkle (Laugh-In) in charge of Sparkle(Gino's clean campaign).

You are not talking about Gino's, home of the Gino's Giant?????

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Not a big fan of MC Donalds but which one was it? I live in Rockford and would love to walk up to there counter enfemme and see how they treat me. PM the location and i'll go in the first chance I get and let you all know how it goes. I would let the manager know that a friend of mine was ridiculed at the drive through and there employees were not acting in a proofessional manner. Everyone deserves respect and this stuff really pisses me off, enough to go speak to the manager.

Voulez-Vous
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
We all need to boycott McDonald's. I haven't eaten there in 35 years. But Wendy's, Hardee's, KFC, Arby's, Jack "in the freakin'" box, Chick Filet, Burger King, etc, they go on and on. Their employees always seem to be the same kind of late teen age school kids, no matter what fast food window you pull up to. We pay our money at the window, we see some young boy with wooden hoops inbedded in his ear lobes, or all those boys with thier huge baggy pants hanging down with thier checkered or flannel huge boxers pulled up as high as they can pull them while they deliberatley make sure that the back of thier dirty T-shirt is above those shorts to show off their tasteless ugly draws. And the little girls that work there with their mousy little voices, and they all seem to be "LIKE", and then they give me my order wrong of course and say thank you have a nice day, "sorry you had to wait", just becomes routine to them. I bet when they get home at night and answer their cell phones from brad or Jason, they answer, Hi (name inserted here), "sorry you had to wait".

Is it just me? Or do pompous "I'm So Much Better Than These People" posts like this get on anyone else's last nerve?

Tara D. Rose
06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Is it just me? Or do pompous "I'm So Much Better Than These People" posts like this get on anyone else's last nerve?

Voulez, I'm not better than anyone. The thread is about a cd getting laughed at. Well she was getting laughed at by those teenage types. I merely described them, no I'm not better than them or anyone. But it is the teenage or early twenty somethings that most often do the laughing at a cd, not someone of my age. I accept everyone for how they feel or how they look or thier cultures. I merley described the particulars that were mentioned in the op, and of those particulars that I described, are the ones that are most often, not all but most, the ones that laugh at a Crossdresser out in public. And then my post's gets edited at the end, throwing off the true meaning of what I was saying. You haven't been here long I see, so I'll say no more on this. You have a blessed day.
Love & respect.............Tara

Voulez-Vous
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Voulez, I'm not better than anyone.
Oh really? Your post sounds like you've judged every kid or individual who happens to work at a fast food place. That tells me you think you're better/above them. Sorry, but I don't think you are at all. This CD got laughed at by ONE person, you can't judge everyone by that one person's actions! Maybe next time think a bit more carefully before posting something like this?

ReineD
06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
When threads degenerate into both, geralized bashing and personal conversations that have nothing to do with the original post and the thread starter's personal situation, it's time to close the thread.

To Anita, sorry this had to happen in your thread. Maybe some of the members will learn from this and take their personal comments and/or bashing sentiments to PM in the future.

ReineD
06-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Since the thread was closed, Anita contacted me and asked me to post this on her behalf:

I feel bad for the workers at McDonalds and also other low paying jobs. They work hard for what they earn and have to live off that. (In Wisconsin we are fighting an up hill battle to improve wages and benefits for all.) I had been treated just fine on all the other occasions having pleasant responses. I had been to this particular McDonalds 5 to 10 times in past year or two. When I dress to go shopping I don't eat before going out in the morning due to the problems with restrooms etc.. So by evening I am quite hungary and stop by this McD's on the way home. When I ordered the food I was in such a wonderful pink bubble (having shopped all day with no problems, just the few off stares) and was to easily offended by their actions. Yes I have my big girl panties on and understand that is going to happen. No matter how hard I try to be the cutest girl around I still look like a man in a dress and I accept that. I am so sorry I got so many girls riled up on this sight and I also learned lots from all the comments made. Thank You, and I will go back to that McD's and probably walk in and give them all a big smile and place my order. If I have offended anyone in any manner shape or form, I am sorry. Hugs to everyone! Anita