PDA

View Full Version : 6 hours, new personal record

CarlaC71
06-13-2012, 02:33 AM
:eek: Wow, went out tonight for one of my usual nighttime drives/walks through Chicago area, normally I dress up and go out for 2-3 hours or so, mostly in the car, but taking brief walks down streets for 5 minutes or so, but tonight I stayed out for over 6 hours, walked down 3 major streets, and walked completely around one block, totally away from the safety of the car, quite an incredible rush...haven't braved the daytime yet, but it's coming... :D

Sophia Claire
06-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Congratulations! Gosh, what a step! I'm actually really jealous right now ;) I'm so far from doing that, it's ridiculous. In fact, I just spent four hours in front of a mirror (en femme) trying to tweak my look and I was not satisfied in the slightest. Someday...

Michelle 51
06-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Thats good Carla.It takes practice and more practice.Every time you do that you build confidence

Cheryl123
06-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Hey Carla! You're 6 hours ahead of me. I'm waiting for a night-time hurricane ... then I'll feel safe. (lol) I can imagine the rush when your car is a block away ... like walking on a tight rope without a net. Keep it's posted on the adventures of Carla.

Claire Cook
06-13-2012, 05:30 AM
"One small step for a cd, one giant step for cd-kind" ... just be careful where you walk at night. Yes, you'll find that your confidence level will increase every time you are out and about. Do keep us posted!

Cynthia Anne
06-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Baby steps! Six hours is a lot of baby steps! Congratulations! I think you are almost there! Hugs!

connie23
06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow, that is really great. I rode home on an airplane and then dressed for the drive home. Only one hour, but it felt great.
Keep it up.
Hugs,
Connie

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 09:06 AM
The next big step would be to start interacting with people. Once you can do that, you've escaped a solitary existence as a CDr and experienced the fullness of life.

Stephanie47
06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm in total agreement with Kim. Although I do not interact with people because I'm chicken and fear the stress, I have taken drives and walks in the evening (in safe areas). I loved feeling the cool air caressing my legs. But, after awhile I did get bored walking around alone. It seemed I was walking without any purpose or place to go. Still, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

The next big step would be to start interacting with people. Once you can do that, you've escaped a solitary existence as a CDr and experienced the fullness of life.

Sara Jessica
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
This doesn't sound very smart to me. Could this be any more unsafe???