PDA

View Full Version : Advice Need ASAP

Transboy
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
i have a counselling meeting tomorrow and its running thru my head to wear my wet look leggings and high heels but as a man due to not been able to pass as a women what do i do im so confused every time i get close to going out dressed up i bottle it at the last minute..

Please help me

Sara Jessica
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Going out presenting as a female is one thing, the outfit you describe is quite another. It seems rather inappropriate for a counseling session.

Transboy
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you for your reply what do you think i should wear?

Stephenie S
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Jeans and a T-shirt.

or

Simple skirt and a nice top. No heels.

What would you wear to visit your dentist or your doctor? Wear the same thing to visit your therapist.

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree with Jessica, That doesn't sound like an appropriate outfit for a counseling session.

Shananigans
I agree with Stephanie and Sara. I'd save the leggings and the heels for something more fun than counseling.

I normally do not get dressed up to go to the doctor, or anything like that. I mean, I am well-groomed...I fix my hair, put on some makeup, put on some cute skinny jeans, wear maybe like a cute top that is a little nicer than a t-shirt, and some simple ballet flats.

But, yeah...I don't think most people would wear heels and wet leggings. They're fun...don't get me wrong...but, they should be worn when you do fun things.

NicoleScott
On the other hand......
It's important for your therapist to understand who you are. If you can't express your true self for your therapist, then who?

Shananigans
06-13-2012, 01:54 PM
On the other hand......
It's important for your therapist to understand who you are. If you can't express your true self for your therapist, then who?

True. But, then they'll say your crazy outfit choices are a symptom of mania. ;)

I'm halfway joking...

Anna Lorree
06-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I tend to wear jeans or khakis, with a t-shirt, v-neck top or blouse. A little lipstick, mascara, and simple jewelry. Shoes are often canvas sneakers, mules or flats. But, that's just me and how I tend to present, the soccer mom next door look. Be yourself, but don't be over the top (for you). If you show up dressed in feminine clothes, they will believe you.

Anna

Stephanie47
06-13-2012, 02:30 PM
You did not mention if this is the first counseling session or the n th session. I think it makes a difference. If it is your first session you may want to even consider going en drab to "test the waters" so to speak. It may be easier to express to the counselor what your issues are. If it is the n th session, then you probably know what to wear. If you are going en femme, then I would recommend an outfit which would reflect how you feel going about your business on an ordinary day. If that means jeans and a blouse or dress and heels or something flamboyant, then go as you see yourself. If you're like the majority of people, leave the party dress for partying.

Chari
06-13-2012, 02:53 PM
If your counselor suggested on this appointment "you can dress-up if you prefer doing that", then go for it, but please do so with appropriate attire for the event. Also be comfortable and confident in whatever you choose to wear, as most medical appointments make you sit & wait!

Transboy
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks girls

its not my first i have been loads of times but not dressed up...what knee high boots maybe?

Vanessa Storrs
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Wear whatever you normally wear. If you occasionally go out in leggings and heels wear them.

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Why not talk to your counselor about your desire to present en femme. And if that's your goal, and your therapist thinks it may be helpful, then chose something appropriate for the situation.

I have a related question - do you prefer to a) to dress androgynously, or b) prefer to present as fully female.

Roberta Marie
06-13-2012, 03:46 PM
When I would go en femme with my wife to our counselor, I wore either jeans and a nice top or a knee length denim skirt and nice top, and some low (1 1/2") wedge flipflop style sandals. I felt appropriate.

Think about how you've seen GWs dressed while sitting in the waiting room. How were they dressed?

Eryn
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
If you're going to a counselor you should wear clothes that make you feel comfortable. If you spend the entire session worried about your clothing then you reduce the results for which you are paying.

This very topic might be a good one to bring up during the session if it is important to you.

Jennifer in CO
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
my 2cts - what did you wear the last time you went?....wear the "female" version of everything you wore that time - skin out and head to toe. I'll bet you'll be quite comfortable and she'll get the msg

Jenn