PDA

View Full Version : Today's outings

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM
After reading Anita Luken's thread about the reaction she received at a local McDonalds, I thought it might be worthwhile to report my more postive experiences.

As many of you know, I work from home and dress pretty much full time. I received a couple of payments today from customers, so had to make a trip to my bank. Rather than change back into drabs for a quick trip, I decided to go as I am, in a casual red, knit top with lace detailing around the collar and sleeves along with white jeans and sandals. For accessories, just a simple silver necklace and brarided hoop earings.

The receptionist at the bank didn't bat an eye as she welcomed me, and neither did the young female teller. So far as I could tell it was all business as usual. I think I looked presentable and appropriate for the situation, but I don't think their lack of reaction necessarily mean that I passed. At least it speaks for the professionalism of their staff.

After completing the transaction, I popped in at the coffee shop/bakery next door for an iced latte and a chocolate canoli (I know, I know - but I'm going to the gym later!)

I was greated warmly by a young woman clearing tables and similarly by the barista. We chatted a bit as she prepared my order. In the whole time she never betrayed any surprise, amusement or dismay. I don't need their affirmation, but I do appreciate being treated courteously and well, like anyone else.

Many more times than not, that's exactly the kind of experiences I've had in public.

Anita Luken
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi Kim, I had a lovely time at the mall shopping prior to McDonalds. Stopped in many stores, tried some dresses on at Maurices. Overall it was a pleasant day. Occasionally on the way home from the mall I stop at MC D's for a quick bite. All the other times everything worked out fine. I try to be more understanding, but this freaked me out a bit. Anita

Cynthia Anne
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
I agree with you Kim! 99% of the time I'm treated well in public! Who knows how many of them laugh or talk after I'm gone! I don't know nor do I care as long as I'm treated with respect in there present! We can exspect some idiots along the way that just don't know any better then to show there a$$! Hugs!

joank
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I have been to the teller in several banks while fully dressed enfemme (business dress). No one batted and eye (that I noticed) and this was both male and female tellers. I was depositing checks into my business account. Confidece works wonders.

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I was pleased to hear that the McDonalds experience wasn't typical of Anita's excursion. And I do understand getting freaked by an inappropriate response. Its just human nature.