PDA

View Full Version : Had a good experience at DSW today

GinaM
06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Well, I went out shopping for some shoes but en Drab. I bought a pair of heels size 11 and when I went to the register the woman had to have known they were for me. She smiled and asked if I wanted a gift receipt which I answered "of Course." Made me feel completely normal even though I was nervous for sure and felt like a nut job. This whole thing is really getting much easier every day.

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
one can't be sure what another person is thinking. She may have suspected...or not, either way its a sale for her. Next time, decline the gift receipt and say, I just had to have them - they're soooooo cute!

Eryn
06-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I love DSW, as do my size 11 (If I'm lucky) feet. Those clearance racks are magnetic!

I'm somewhat chagrined to think about how skittish I used to be buying things. I realized this the other day after I dropped into Sally Beauty en drab to get some ridge filler and a jar of "dip it" remover. I brought the items up, the checker says "do you have your Sally Beauty card?" I said "Why yes, thanks for reminding me." and completed the transaction. In the meantime I chatted with the woman behind me in line who was a professional beautician who was buying a new electric hair trimmer because hers had burnt out. We talked about the relative merits of Wahl versus other brands. By then the credit card transaction went through, we said "bye" and out I went. A completely normal transaction, as it should be.

The Gender Police exist only in our own minds.

Paulette
06-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I too love DSW, it seems that I can not go into a store without carrying out at least two pairs of shoes I can live without. I have shopped there in drab and dressed and each time (there have been several) there is never a problem. I will say that when dressed i spent a little more time trying on shoes than while in drab. I still try them on I just do it faster.

AndreaSC
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I had sort of the same experience in a store called Torrid...it's a BIG girls store. I had purchased a pair of black platform heels(size 11), two pairs of panties, one lacey cheeky boy shorts and the other seamless, both black, and a pair of fishnet hose. The girl asked if I wanted a gift receipt and I told her "no", not even thinking about what she had asked me. All that while in drab...LOVED the experience!!!

NathalieX66
06-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I love going to DSW, especially en femme. What's nice about that is nobody questions my intentions when I sit there, and try anything I want. Doing it this way has been the best way to insure I buy shoes that are actually comfortable.

Tracii G
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Shoe shopping is a treat.

darla_g
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
DSW is great! they usually have good quality shoes unlike some of the other chains and they do usually have 11s and 12s

Michelle (Oz)
06-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Looked at the DSW website and they ship to Australia. Hmmm. They don't seem to have a size chart. Does anyone know if size 12 is the same as European size 44 which I know fir me?

Barbara Ella
06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I need to buy inexpensive shoes, because I need two sizes to get one usable pair, so I really need to try them on, and it is twice as stressful as I continually switch from the large aisle to the small aisle (11 to 9, or 10 to 8 depending). So far have only shopped at Payless en drab, but have not been hassled about trying them on. I do try to be discreet. I really hope to go shoe shopping enfemme to purchase a couple of pairs in the near future. Need a nice sale at somewhere other than Payless. Sometimes I think the SA thinks I am buying a pair for my wife, and one for me. That works.

Barbara

Donna1
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I love DSW too, I am a high heel fanatic!!!!