PDA

View Full Version : What? Me? Worry About Being Read?

Chardonnay Merlot
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Not to long ago, I got "read"....

I was at Forever 21 a couple of month back with an objective if getting some spring/summer clothes. I spied a pair of cream pink shorts. They were a little shorter than I'm use to, but they were a nice color and played off my legs well. I have long legs so these really flattered them.

The sales person, young female and collegiate, asked me, "Anything I can help you with?"

I said. "Yes, those shorts...do you have them in a large."

She got the extended reach grabber thingy (yes they were on a very high hook), and got the shorts down.

I smiled. "Thanks.."

Then her next sentence surprised me...

"Those are for you...aren't they," she said with a shy smile.

I was taken aback.."What would make you say that?" I was blushing a little, because I couldn't even fake getting upset..

"It was the way your eyes lit up when you saw them," she said.

She then gave me her card. "I've seen you here a few times before. Trust me..I know. You ever need help...here's my card...You ask for me, okay?"

The wildness about it was...I was in boy mode.

Since then I've gone out more. I've been seen by a few of my neighbors, and all have been surprisingly supportive, and had a state trooper completely checking me out while at a sobriety checkpoint.

#JustFeltLikeSharingAPositiveVibe :)

kimdl93
06-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Honestly, she almost had to know. Just how many men really shop for their wives or girlfriends. There's hardly any reason for trying to keep up a pretense. Anyway now you have a go to girl when you have questions!

Marleena
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Well that ended on a good note Chardonnay.:) She remembered and accepted you and she knows you buy stuff.

STACY B
06-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Honestly, she almost had to know. Just how many men really shop for their wives or girlfriends. There's hardly any reason for trying to keep up a pretense. Anyway now you have a go to girl when you have questions! Exactly,,You Aint buying NUTTIN for my SO,, She hates everything I like ,, So thats my thoughts ,,,No way would they beleave that line ,,,lol,,,

Jessica86
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
My next trip out is going to the store. Haven't been yet, but it's on the list. I'm nervous already!

Cynthia Anne
06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Thats what I call a great shopping trip! Not only got what you wanted but also met someone who apreaciates you! Hugs!

Eryn
06-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Well, one thing is for sure: that SA has a client who will come directly to her in the future!

Barbara Ella
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
OK, so maybe I do look a little like Alfred E. Neuman when en drab, and thought I was gonna get a different story here....lol

Yes, they seem to know, and yes, I think we all have a LOT of difficulty hiding the glow in our eyes when we see that item we just have to have. Bought a pair of shorts (short shorts) at gordman's, along with a purse, and some camisoles. I know the checkout girl knew who they were for, just by the way she looked at me as she rung up each item. No judgement, just acknowledgement. I can live with that.

Barbara

docrobbysherry
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I always wonder if asking which dressing room I should use may be a give away?

sandra-leigh
06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I have been told by retail workers in cross-dresser-friendly businesses that they can often tell the cross-dressers by the way they look at things, but they can really be sure as soon as the cross-dressers reach out and finger the material.

I had to think about that a bit, as I had been innocently fingering material for many years, buying clothes for my wife, before I was a cross-dresser. But I think I had probably liked shopping for her a bit too much, and simply hadn't realized I was a cross-dresser at the time.

Stephanie47
06-14-2012, 01:06 AM
When we were younger my wife and I use to go lingerie shopping for her. I was addicted to the feel of nylon. When I would buy lingerie for her without her along, of course, I felt the fabric. I may have been a cross dresser at heart, but, the SA associate knew by appearance I would not fit into a small or 34. I think guys when challenged to buy for their wives or girlfriends make a grab and dash purchase. "She can always return it." I would never buy my wife anything I would not wear myself!

I have been told by retail workers in cross-dresser-friendly businesses that they can often tell the cross-dressers by the way they look at things, but they can really be sure as soon as the cross-dressers reach out and finger the material.

I had to think about that a bit, as I had been innocently fingering material for many years, buying clothes for my wife, before I was a cross-dresser. But I think I had probably liked shopping for her a bit too much, and simply hadn't realized I was a cross-dresser at the time.

Beverley Sims
06-14-2012, 05:48 AM
I have a couple of regular places I shop and they are always caught off guard when I front up in girl mode.
It is usually a longer visit then as they want to try clothes on their experimental clothes horse.
It is apparently fun to see how feminine you can make a guy.:)

Jenny Doolittle
06-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Isn't Shopping just FANTASTIC FUN!

Sandra1746
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I go out regularly in "plain Fem" and yesterday the outlet mall was no exception. My wife and I were greeted several times with "hello ladies", I just smiled broadly and returned the greeting; my voice is a dead giveaway. More smiles and all was fine.

I also found a really pretty top at Dress Barn and was admiring it while chatting with the SA. She probably 'suspected' that I wanted it for myself but I confirmed the fact by asking for her to unlock the try-on room. She was most helpful and friendly. And yes the top fit fine and I bought it.

In regular shopping venues I've had no problems and I am easy to read if I speak. Our biggest fears are the ones we create.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

sonna
06-14-2012, 09:16 AM
the first time I was outed was at fashion bug buy the sales Associate I tried to say it was for my
wife she said (ya right) why don't you go try these on so you don't have to return them
if there the wrong size. (never been more petrified in my life) she really helped me out
even helped me pick a few outfits. still my favorite place to shop.

thanks to her,here and a few other people helped me get out from hidding and be myself.

Lynn Marie
06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
"It was the way your eyes lit up when you saw them," she said.

I just love that line. I guess we do give ourselves away pretty easily. Love to feel the fabric!