PDA

View Full Version : House sitting

Jess6887
06-13-2012, 08:37 PM
I posted an ad on the net the other day to offer a service of house sitting while people go on holidays, I added in the ad that I'm a hard worker and very polite and respectful, and also mentioned that I'm a crossdresser, was this a good idea or a bad one, I also mentioned that I only service for gay and lesbian people of the community

BRANDYJ
06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Honestly? You want to mix business with pleasure? If I needed a house sitter, I for sure don't want to know you are a CD. I'm sure my SO and myself would be worried about you going through to closet and her lingerie drawers. No way would I hire you.

What in the world has your being a CD have to do with doing a job? You cut your chances down to .99%. That is unless it's an add on Craig's list, Now you will get the crazies that want to take advantage of you and could care less about you house sitting.

Megan72
06-13-2012, 08:41 PM
While I am sure everyone will appriciate your honesty, I think that putting you are a crossdresser is going to turn most men away and many women would worry about you getting into their things. Just my opinion. Megan

Karren H
06-13-2012, 08:48 PM
TMI.... No woman is going to take a chance on you going through her lingerie and clothes while she's on vacation.

whowhatwhen
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Just stay out of the 3rd drawer of the nightstand...
;)

Melissa Rose
06-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Why is being a cross dresser revelant to house sitting? With the misconception some may have about cross dressers, some women may think you are going to try on or go through their clothes while they are away. The gay and lesbian community is not profoundly more knowledgeable about cross dressers than others.

Barbara Ella
06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
You did mix a little too much personal with business. I applaud your honesty, but you did doom your business. Being a professional in any chosen occupation has nothing at all to do with our sex or gender. I am sure after your first job, if they found their clothes disturbed, you would be listed as a no hire.

Barbara

Stephanie47
06-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Well, it may explain the red lipstick on the pillow cases!

NZ_Dawn
06-14-2012, 06:02 AM
I admire your upfront honesty....but how and what you dress in should have no bearing on your integrity to do a good job. Im thinking like the others...remove that part of the ad.

Jill Devine
06-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Honestly? You want to mix business with pleasure? If I needed a house sitter, I for sure don't want to know you are a CD. I'm sure my SO and myself would be worried about you going through to closet and her lingerie drawers. No way would I hire you.
What in the world has your being a CD have to do with doing a job? You cut your chances down to .99%. That is unless it's an add on Craig's list, Now you will get the crazies that want to take advantage of you and could care less about you house sitting.
Perfectly stated.

Too much information.

jillleanne
06-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Bad. No one wants to think about you using their house so you can express yourself whether it be for sexual gratification or just a place to dress en femme. Nor will any member of the household( don't know if you are M or F ) ever want you in the house while they are away and thinking about you wearing their stuff. Why would you mention this unless you have intentions of using their house to your advantage? And if you have the intention of using their home for your advantage not a good idea.

Rebecca Star
06-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I only service for gay and lesbian people of the community

I'm guessing Jess added the CDing as possibly a means to pass cred. IDK, just seems really bizarre to me. Even stranger coming here to post about it. :eek:

Jess6887
06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks for your opinion everyone about this subject, Its not a proper business or any thing it's just to mind a house for someone while they are away, I have added the crossdressing part so they do not be worried when I turn up shock horror, lol I have no intention of trying on other peoples clothing due to I have my own which I will stay in, I'm not taking someone's home to my advantage to dress I only need to make some extra money to pay the bills

Melissa Rose
06-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Whether it is a proper business or not, it takes a lot of trust to allow a stranger into your home especially unattended and for a prolonged time. Your intentions are less important since the home owner does not truly know them (regardless of your words); your perceived or potential intentions are more important. Anything that puts your trust level into question is going to work against you in a major way.

Why do you have to show up at the first interview or meeting cross dressed? Unless you are 24/7, go in drab so it does not raise any questions. The home owners are not going to know how you are dressed while you are watching their house. Alternatively, let them know you are transgendered rather than a cross dresser. Cross dresser has more negative connotations than transgendered, thus transgendered may be better received and accepted.

Chickhe
06-14-2012, 10:08 AM
...'I want to be your house sitter and I like holding huge wild parties'...'I want to be your housesitter and I only ask for payment in beer'...'I want to house sit and I have experience using 911'.... I suspect anyone responding to your ad with CDing in it will consider it a joke.