PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first pair of high heels today

Trysha
06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I have been dressing on and off for many years, but now in my middle age I want to
get serious. I finally mustered up the nerve to go to a' Pay Less" shoe store in drab,
and discreetly try on some high heels. I was so excited bringing them to the cashier
that my hands were shaking. The cashier checked the shoes, and was very polite
about it. Then she made an announcement about hand bags on sale, and
some other items,than gave me a smile.I was so thrilled I knew there was no turning
back for me. I love being a woman.

Julie1123
06-13-2012, 09:14 PM
That's great! I love high heels. Just ordered two new pairs. Online that is. I think I'm almost to the point where I could go into the store and try some on. That takes a lot of courage. :)

Karren H
06-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Wooo!! Congratulations trysha!! Now you better go up the limit on your VISA card!

kimmyg
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Way to go trysha. Now get out there an kick up a storm

Cynthia Anne
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
That's great! To many people that sounds like a baby step! To you it is a big step towards your happiness! SO CELEBRATE! I'm happy for you! Hugs!

AimeeCD
06-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on just the first pair of many! I remember the first pair I bought, at Nordstrom's and a pair of size 10 Caressa black 3" high heel stilettos. I couldn't wait to get to the parking lot to try them on and vividly recall the drive home in a gorgeous new pair of my own high heels!

Bree-asaurus
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
YEAH! Cuz wearing high heels is what being a woman is all about!!!!

/Sarcasm...

Trysha
06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am so impressed with the such a wonderful, intelligent, and classy group of ladies that support each other
on this site. It has helped me and I'm sure many others to grow in their self knowledge and self esteem.
I love you all.

Xrys
06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
The first pair of fem shoes i ever bought (and for now my only pair) were black leather pumps with a 2.5 in heel. They have a broad heel so they would be easy to learn to walk in. The heel was easier to learn than I thought, but having my toes cramed into the pointed tip took more getting used to. I picked them up at a walmart that had self checkout because i was still feeling awkward about it. I love them and cant wait until I can afford more.

Debglam
06-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Good for you Trysha!

Just be glad that you can fit in the shoes that Payless sells! :)

Eryn
06-13-2012, 11:01 PM
That's great! To many people that sounds like a baby step! To you it is a big step towards your happiness! SO CELEBRATE! I'm happy for you! Hugs!

I agree. My first pair were very scary because I bought them in drab. Pretty quickly I learned that it is much more calming to shop en femme. then I learned how quickly money can disappear when shoes are concerned. Shop a lot buy a little!

Barbara Ella
06-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Baby steps are the steps we all talk about taking in the past. The step we just took is the biggest step of our life, and you are on your way to many mores steps, for sure.

I buy all my shoes at Payless (again, have to buy two pairs to get one usable, so I need to watch money). Always en drab so far, and have never been hassled about trying them on. And I have to continually run from the large size to the small size, and end up carrying multiple boxes over to the aisle without anyone there to try them on. Have had several SA come over while trying them on and ask if I needed help, very friendly.

My nest trip out just has to be enfemme to buy shoes. Just seems only natural to buy heels (even low ones) dressed. But can't argue that the act of buying heels cant be beat.

Barbara

Stephanie47
06-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Twice I have purchased shoes at Pay Less while en drab. Both times were with Halloween costume excuses. The first time I bought a pair of three inch strap on black heels. The store manager, a male, tried to get me to buy another pair for half price. I declined because I figured that would identify me as a cross dresser. When I did not buy a second pair, he tried to get me to buy some hosiery. The second time I bought at Pay Less I bought two pairs of pumps (one red, one blue) to take advantage of the BOGO sale. After that I did buy off a rack shoes at a Sears discount center, white strap on heels and red strap on heels. Since then it has been on line purchases. I used the Halloween excuse twice for wigs, one brunette, one blond. The K-Mart SA for the brunette was a young girl, who thought it was great. The blond was at a Korean owned shop, and, I think she had no idea what Halloween was all about.

Lynn Marie
06-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Congratulations on your first pair of heels. You'll never be the same again. Isn't that great!

terrianncd
06-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Congrats Trysha,

Takes some courage to buy that first pair in person. Remember the stores want your money and are glad to sell you what you want. Now about this new hobby of shoe shopping....this will quickly get out of control. So many cute shoes, so little time. My SO asks me all the time...how many pairs of black heels do you need? All of them of course...lol I too like payless although in my case it should named paymore. I love shoes, works of art that I can wear! :devil:

Brittany CD
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Congrats Trysha,

Takes some courage to buy that first pair in person. Remember the stores want your money and are glad to sell you what you want. Now about this new hobby of shoe shopping....this will quickly get out of control. So many cute shoes, so little time. My SO asks me all the time...how many pairs of black heels do you need? All of them of course...lol I too like payless although in my case it should named paymore. I love shoes, works of art that I can wear! :devil:

Wow! I'm really jealous. I want to wear all those shoes!

Xrys
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm jealous of all that closet space, much less the shoes.

max
06-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Holy crap terri ann, move over Imelda Marcos!

Cheryl123
06-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Hi Trysha .. the first pair of heels .. dressing will be so much more fun now. And I admire your courage for trying them on a Payless. Of course you know one pair is not enought .. just ask Terri Ann! (and btw Terri Ann .. I'm so envious of your closet ... I completely understand your passion.)

Shannon C.
06-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Congrats on your first pair of heels and doing it in the store Trysha, but you just doomed yourself to a lifetime of obsession. :) I remember getting my first pair of heels home and putting an outfit on with my new purchase and it was amazing how it just tied everything together. Now get out there and strut your stuff.

savannaxdrsser
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I remember getting my first pair of heels, was so excited i stopped my car in the parking lot to try them on, they fit fine and immediately gave my a special feeling. Then i found i could walk in them better than i thought, i love heels!!

Jen60
06-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Hard for me to find a decent pair to fit my size 15 feet!

CrossKimmy
06-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I remember buying my first pair of heels. I stopped at a little shoe place in a near by city and I just walked in to the ladies section. I started to pick up shoes that caught my lady eye and even tried some on. The lady who worked there came over to me and even asked if I needed help. I told her it was for a costume party, and that I needed some shoes to go with the dress I was wearing to the party (even though it wasn't for a party). She gave me suggestions on which shoes to wear with what color dress. It was so much fun. I still get all giddy inside remembering that day.

:)

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Good for you. Isn't it a relief to be able to be open about yourself, even when in drab?

RainyNightGirl
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Congratulations, its a great feeling to buy your own heels. I love heels, just love them. I bought my first pair at Payless too some 20 years ago. Maybe its a sign of of the 20 years but I bought my first pair of flats recently (at Payless) LOL.

Natasha x

Janelle_C
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
That's so great I know the feeling. My first pair I bought at the store was at target, I didn't try them on but I was so nervous when I payed for them. But there was no problem and it was over in the blink of a eye. I would love to try them on in the store just like if I was buying male shoes. Maybe later that's something I will be able to do.

ronda
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Trysha now you have to be careful because it will not take long for your closet yo look like Terriann's i thought i had a lot of shoes i am small time to her keep one eye on the visa card. Hugs Ronda p.s. good luck

Farrah
06-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow!! I still remember my first time buying heels. I also bought mine from pay-less. Its a liberating experience. I'm glad your first trip was a success, and I wish you many more!

Rebecca W.
06-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Ahh my first pair of heels. I was in Vermont for a short vacation and I had just purchased the high heels from a Bradlees department store after discrectly slipping one on for the fit. After I had left the store, I was merging onto a highway and as I moved towards the highway, I felt a hard hit to the rear of my truck. As I got out of my truck, a young woman approached me and she was crying and she was apologizing for running into me. My bumper took quite a hit and I was still in such a great mood from purchasing my first pair of high heels that I told her not to worry about it. It really made her day as the tears streamed down her face and I hugged her. That was thirty years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I banged out the bumper and I painted it, no real harm done.
I'll bet that she will never forget that day either.:)
Thanks for letting me open up.

Ms Mira
06-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Woo-hoo!!

Have fun in your new heels. :)

marybeth_1967
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Mine were black, 3 inch heels with a little bow on the toe. Bought them from a venture store now closed. Clerk asked if they were for me. Only time that ever happens and I have bought plenty of heels. I must have communicated that with my nervousness.

Sarah_sarahcd
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
What a momentous occasion! Be careful or else you'll fall under the Terri Ann trap! ;)