PDA

View Full Version : The Human Mind (OK, maybe it's just mine)

Foxglove
06-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi, Guys and Girls!

I have two items which I would be hard-pressed to say how long I've owned them. I think I can safely say it's the better part of 30 years. They've given me good service. These are my belt and my wallet. The former (alas!) has always had more work to do than the latter, which is perhaps the reason why this morning it at last gave up the ghost and departed in spirit to enjoy its well-deserved reward in the hallowed halls of its revered ancestors. One of the loops that held the buckle in place gave way, rendering the whole thing useless, passé, kaput. As Catullus would have said, "Poor belt! My darling's eyes are red with weeping!"

This was a problem. I was getting ready to go out to do some grocery shopping--in drab (alas again!)--and without a belt the jeans I'd put on would be around my ankles by the time I got into town. I understand that that sort of thing is fashionable in certain sets these days, but not in mine. So what to do?

All of a sudden it occurred to me, "Wait a minute! I do have another belt." Then--an instant flutter of panic. "But, but, that's a woman's belt! What if people saw. . .?"

Then my mind got back in gear and I had to laugh. "What if people saw what? First of all, people aren't going to see it. Your jacket will cover it up. After all, this is June 15th and today's expected high is every bit of 13 degrees Celsius, call it 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Secondly, people would have to look pretty hard to determine that it is in fact a woman's belt. It's hardly distinguishable from the one that just gave out on you.

"And finally, why are you so worried about wearing such a belt with your jeans? What would people think if you actually wore it (as you'd love to do) with the skirt it came with? You really are getting het up about nothing aren't you?"

That's the way one human mind at least can work. And it's one reason I hate going into drab: it messes with my mind, and my poor mind doesn't need that at all. For a few seconds there I actually forgot I'm TG. And that's serious. A change of clothes, and I've got a whole change of outlook on the world. And I've never particularly liked that outlook.

(I did find another belt in town--in a shop I rarely go into because it's the most expensive, up-market clothing shop in town. But I do go in sometimes, because on occasion I find a bargain. I found a belt there for €15, which I thought was about as good as I was going to get.

Had a bit of a chat with the salesman, too. I don't know how we got onto the subject, but I explained that lately I'd been working hard (and successfully) to get my weight down, and he said, "But I don't like to see people losing too much", and I agreed with that.

Then we got off onto what sort of exercise I get, I do a lot of walking, and yes, there are lots of lovely places to walk around this town, and no, I'm not terribly into gardening, and yes, I've been up into such-and-such hills where there'll be some sort of event at the Summer Solstice.

And this isn't the first time I've had such a conversation with this guy, conversation that strays in some indefinable way from the usual definition of masculine. He's a reserved, soft-spoken fellow, and today wasn't the first time that, as I left the shop, I was wondering if he might be gay or TG himself. I suppose I could ask him. "I'm TG myself. What about you?" But perhaps that wouldn't be polite.)

Best wishes, Annabelle

sissystephanie
06-15-2012, 11:20 AM
First of all, I don't think it would be a good idea at all to ask the SA in the shop if he was gay or TG. That is not your business unless he refers to it himself.

Now as far as the belt is concerned! Almost every belt that I have is feminine, but I wear them both in drab and enfemme. Been doing that for many years and have never had any kind of a problem. As you said, people don't usually look at your belt, so wear what you want. My attitude is that I what I wear is my business, and no one elses!

kimdl93
06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Ic you enjoyed the conversation just find another opportunity to shop and visit. Then another. Perhaps over time you'll learn enough about this fellow to answer your question without being overly intrusive.

As for mixing male and female items, I do it all the time...particularly Wye I cantvo fully en femme.

Stephanie47
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
From what you have stated, I would not get a clue that he is gay or TG. Yes, it would be rude to invade his privacy by asking him. As to the substance of the conversation that does not offer a clue either. I am into gardening (flowers, bushes and veggies), but, that does not confirm I am a cross dresser. I have many male friends who garden because it offer some sort of diversion from their boring daily lives. The end result is a beautiful colorful yard and, if I am lucky with the weather, maybe something to eat. One of my chores this morning is to water the garden and plants in the green house. Of course, I am wearing a pretty sun dress to do that. Being en femme makes gardening so much more enjoyable.

Foxglove
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Of course I have no intention of asking the man about his status. I'm not that tactless. (Not quite anyway.) And I can see that from what I've reported of our conversation that it wouldn't be clear why I have my suspicions. It's one of those things, you have to be there. But it is something I'm curious about. I wonder if perhaps I'm not the only outsider in this little town.

Annabelle

Cynthia Anne
06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Those little towns may supprise you on what goes on when the window shades are down! Who knows!!:eek::hugs:

Foxglove
06-16-2012, 12:44 AM
That could of course be said about my own house, couldn't it?

KellyJameson
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
If you talk politics, entertainment or some other topic mention reading something on Pink News and see if he is familar with the newspaper.

You confirm nothing but offer the possibility of everything.

Rachel Sparks had a good piece on dance in relation to body dysphoria recently.