PDA

View Full Version : Military Tattoos

jessbcuzz
11-14-2005, 03:30 AM
Hello sisters!
I haven't been on here in about two weeks, and it feels like it's been months. My pc decided to bite the dust. I have missed coming here. Anyhow, I have a question. I have a military tattoo on my left arm from when I was in the army. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to have served my country for 10 years, but it really bothers me when I dress. I haven't been out and about, but if the time ever comes, I don't know what to do about the tattoo. I enjoy wearing sleeveless and spagghetti strap tops and dresses, but the tattoo seems so, what's the word I am looking for, out of place while wearing a formal dress or what not. Does anyone with military tattoos feel the same way? I know that many GG's now a days have tattoo's on the arms, but how does my fellow sisters on here handle it?

swiss_susan
11-14-2005, 04:13 AM
I myself have a tatoo on my arm and am selfconscious about it when dressed. When I see it when I am dressed the word that springs to mind is unladylike. Its not loike it a cute little rose or something. I would like to cover it up, but need to find something to do that with.

Susan

GypsyKaren
11-14-2005, 05:16 AM
I've got tatoos on both arms and don't let it bother me. If it does you then try wear something that will cover it up.

GypsyKaren

Stormgirl
11-14-2005, 05:34 AM
None of my buisness but I am just curious,what is the tatoo of? Sorry for going off topic.Oh yeah,thank you for serving.

DanaJ
11-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Try using Colortration (http://www.colortration.com) for a tattoo cover.....

JoAnnDallas
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
In this day and age where women and men both serve in ground combat, it now unuasl to find women with military tatoos. So go ahead and show them, if anyone asked, just say you used to be in the Army and it's Ok for women to have tatoos.

TGMarla
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but they are more popular these days, and especially as a former soldier, it's no surprise that you have one or more. It seems to me you have three options. You can do as Dana suggests, and use some kind of base to cover it up. You can have it permanently remove, or if wearing something with spagetti straps for instance...something formal...you can wear a light wrap or bolero or something with it that partially covers your arms.

Stephenie
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Both fore arms and one shoulder. I like to cover them when dressed. I really think I got them to prove to my self I was a man and to show others that I was. Wish I could have been more confident about Stephenie back then. Would have gotten flowers instead.

jessbcuzz
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
None of my buisness but I am just curious,what is the tatoo of? Sorry for going off topic.Oh yeah,thank you for serving.

Well, here's a picture of it:

KellyCD
11-16-2005, 07:11 AM
when I was in the army.

What was your MOS? I'm a 63H.

robinLynn
11-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I have a military tattoo on my left arm and above it it says retired. i also have my mos tattooed on my right hand. thats what getting drunk overseas will get me. I try to cover it up. sorry mine just cant be explained away

jessbcuzz
11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
What was your MOS? I'm a 63H.

Started out as a 51B, and got out as 92G. Aboout every year, I had to change MOS (out of being bored). Those include, 51R, 51k, 88M, 88H, and 92Y. My most favorite was being a cook. Mainly because I love to cook. I had wanted to do it on active duty, but they wouldn't let me since my GT score was too high. They wanted me to get into the computer thing, but at the time I wasn't interested in computers. I finally decided on being a Combat Engineer. Knowing what I know now, I really wish I would have taken them up on working with computers.

Adrianne
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I have got two tattoos, one on my right and one on my left lower arms and it don't bother me when i am dressed.