PDA

View Full Version : Not so Plain Femme

Sandra1746
06-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Today I went out wearing copper-colored jeans (Kohl's), blue-black shoes (Clark's) and a new top that I just love. It is a pleated nylon fabric, cap sleeves with brightly colored birds, flowers and trees on a light tan background. It has a pleated hem about 8" long all around the bottom with more flowers. I bought it at Dress Barn on Wednesday and it was love at first sight. It is anything but androgynous; the top is really pretty and very feminine.

Today I was going to do a 'stealth' outing to Wegman's for shopping and lunch while wearing the new outfit but my wife "outed" me by asking that I go to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions while she went to the PO to mail a parcel. Oh well, no more hiding. We live in a very small town.

The shopping and lunch was fun. I got pleasant smiles and conversation from the SA's I dealt with. My wife was watching for reactions from others around us (I can be quite oblivious at times) and she noticed almost nothing beyond some second glances and bored looks. I guess that I can go out more frequently dressed in more feminine clothes, my early worries were baseless. My wife is also more comfortable with be going out dressed now too after today.

New horizons beckon,
Sandra1746

Andy66
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Yay, Sandra! I'm happy for you that you can go out dressed how you want, and that you have a supportive wife. I'm happy for your wife that you share this part of yourself with her. :)

larry
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for sharing. These threads that show support and stepping out are so nice..

Jeannie
06-15-2012, 08:12 PM
That sounds great. I am glad you had a good experience on you day out.

Cynthia Anne
06-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Great little story! Now you can enjoy yourself more! Give your wife a big hug! Hugs!

Tina B.
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
It's nice that your wife was with you and had a chance to relive some of her fears, so she feels safer with your being out more.
Tina B.

Sandra1746
06-16-2012, 01:34 PM
First; thanks to all for their nice comments. We had a fun day.

I was discussing it with my wife this morning; why I like to dress like this and go out. It is not about passing. I can "pass" at a distance of 50' or so but if I am close or I talk it is obvious I am a male. A good analogy would be for me to wear the equipment for either the NFL or the NHL. I could dress the part but put me in the "venue" and it would be comic to painful (NFL=roadkill).

So, why do I dress? I find the best explanation is that I enjoy the look and feel of the clothing. The styles and colors of Fem clothes are so much more enjoyable than regular male attire. I also find it relaxing to do at home. Now that the worry about confrontations out in public is lessened, that is also a positive. I am not trying to pass, I just enjoy the clothing and the freedom to get out in safe public venues.

We each find a different road and I am discovering mine as I travel along it.

Making it up as I go along,
Sandra1746

Robyn2749
06-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm glad you had fun, Sandra. You were kind of cute. (BTW, for the rest of you, I'm Sandra's wife - no need to start additional rumors :) )

I was going to post a picture, but I can't seem to get it to work right.

It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it might be - for either of us. As I told you yesterday afternoon, I went into the experience with a "well, if he wants to" kind of attitude (neutral, in other words) and came out of it with a "well, what's the big deal?" attitude. I kind of surprised myself... and you had such fun, it's hard to say "no" the next time.

Robyn

connie23
06-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Robyn and Sandra,
Thanks so much for sharing this. It is really heartening to see that it is possible to live and let live even if dress choice is a little different.
Connie

Mythic
06-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Well done! In quite a few threads people have been posting so much on the dangers of going out that it was getting me a little down. But this brings me back up. Congrats!