PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor?

atlegs
06-16-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm new at all this, and would love some support if anyone has the time to devote to it. I'm more or less looking for advice in terms of clothes/makeup, but since I haven't hit that part yet, it's been a bit confusing from reading things.

I would really love a shopping partner, since I don't have enough to go out en femme.

I guess PM me if there's any hope for it...

Cheryl T
06-16-2012, 09:31 AM
You'd best tell us where you are located if you want to find someone to help.

Tina B.
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Sound advice from Cheryl once again!
Tina B.

PretzelGirl
06-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Are you planning on going out any or are you dressing at home? If you are going out, then go to a make-up store or counter and let them work with you. Doing this on-line with someone else is tough as color and skin tones come into play so much to achieve the correct selections that pictures don't always hit the mark. The make-up associates will be glad to help you. For some of the basics and how-to's, read the beauty forum here and go to YouTube and search for what you want like "How to apply gel eyeliner". You will find a lot of guidance there.

Clothing can be a little tougher. There are so many styles that come and go they all look different on each of us. To some point, you have to experiment with your look to find what you like. I cheated some in the beginning because I had a lack of confidence. I matched my outfits by either buying exactly what was in an advertisement or what was on a mannequin in a store. It did work out in that it helped me work out what I liked and I avoided hideous purchases (at least in my eyes) and I gained the confidence to start matching things myself.

But for both of these items, you can look for CD or TG groups in your area. There may be some members who will work with you and help you decide what is the look you want. Just Google away and see what you can find for your area.

atlegs
06-16-2012, 11:47 AM
You'd best tell us where you are located if you want to find someone to help.

That's useful advice, probably should have thought of that earlier....I'm in the Bay Area near San Jose :)

RADER
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Where are you???????????????
Inquiring minds want to know.
Rader

Xrys
06-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I am out in AZ, but I am so new to all this too, I don't think I would be any help. The Hardest part for me was figureing out my sizes, and getting makeup that was the right colors. I hope you find a shopping buddy. My friend's wife has been helpful with clothes, but she has never wore makeup so when I get good with it, she wants me to teach her.