PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh....my head

Lorileah
06-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I went out last night, like I swore I would never do. Have too many (drinks) last night.

Oy. I know better but they were soooo good. I won’t drink them any more though. I had two Coco Channells at the Crown. Pure alcohol chocolate martini. But I made it home safe and sound. Only slightly hungover.

BTW Happy Pride month! (and Pride weekend here in Denver). So far nothing major to report but stay tuned it is only Saturday.

However, what I wanted to post here is whet happened Wednesday. I have a routine physical every year (covered in my insurance so I make them do it :)). My doctor knows, her staff sort of knows, or at least I thought they did. I don’t make an issue trying to hide it. Usually they want to know where I have been what I have been doing (and my Doctor gets even MORE personal…which we won’t discuss here, it is a G rated site after all).

I went in wearing girl shorts (about mid thigh) and a polo shirt. I love my Debbie sandals that I got last year (now out of stock). And yes, I wore panties. In this case they were hot pink lace boy shorts. I wasn’t thinking too far ahead. I knew that I would be undressed in the room and so I was really in stealth mode for the people in the clinic who don’t need (or more likely want) to know.

The nurse came and called me back to the alcove area where she pointed at a chair and said “Slip off your shoes and come over here.”

I hesitated a second because my toes were painted a bright red. I slipped off the sandals and the nurse looked down and smiled.

“Cute.” She said, “Are you an old hippee?”

I told here “Nope I am a new crossdresser.” She laughed at that. As usual this usually leads to them telling me they know someone who performs and do I know them? We talked about where to go and how she and her husband had loved going to Drag Shows (which brings up the question, if so many “straight” people like seeing the shows, why are we worried to be seen in public?). When ever I have been with medical personnel and they see something I am wearing they always want to talk. *point here is don’t worry what you wear to the doctor, as I know some of the newer people here worry about that*

Like I said my doctor knows about me and we have discussed options. Together we have as of now decided that SRS would not be a good option (whole 'nother discussion that was on here last month). But we did talk about how much better I feel when I am dressed and out, how much more gregarious I am. When she asked how I was doing, I rather embarrassed said I was dressing and going out far “too” often. She asked why I said “too” and I said it was several times a week now. She told me “I don’t see as how that is putting you at any risk and it makes you happy.” So basically I got the OK from her. She prescribed a new anti anxiety and she told me she made her choice so that I didn’t get hungrier. I laughed at that and said I had already gained 10 pounds in the last year (actually back where I was a year ago…sigh). She said “I am doing this so you don’t have to get more closet space.” That was funny because I have THREE closets as it is.

OH and sorry to have to say this but you are going to be stuck with me another year. I so healthy it scares me.

So, it is Pride weekend. If anything interesting happens I will add it here. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend

Laura912
06-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Glad you are healthy and will be around for a while. Now for the Dutch uncle (aunt?) question. Do you know how many calories are in a drink?

Lorileah
06-16-2012, 02:06 PM
it has calories? um....probably a lot huh?

Laura912
06-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Well, a martini has 190 calories in 3 oz. But that is OK, because of your nice tastes, we will be glad to take those clothes from the spare closet! And we don't want to hear, "Not tonight. I have a headache!" :D

sissystephanie
06-16-2012, 06:09 PM
A normal martini has 190 calories! A chocolate one like you drank probably has closer to 250!! And Laura, she has 3 closets!! Lots of choices!!

Lorileah
06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
OK here I am...5 days of Lori time one photo.

Cynthia Anne
06-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Lori is very pretty! Love that skirt and heels! Hugs!

Eryn
06-17-2012, 11:00 PM
A normal martini has 190 calories! A chocolate one like you drank probably has closer to 250!!

Drink enough of them and the calories can suddenly go negative. :puke:

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Its interesting that you've had such frank conversations with your PCP. What prompted the initial conversation?

Lorileah
06-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I will try and keep the weekend stories short.

Saturday, Pride in full swing. Charlies was sort of crowded. I don't understand why a business would block off 20 parking places on one of the most lucrative nights of the year but they did and I had to walk a block. Nothing happened. :)

I usually get a drink when I first arrive (for courage and to just relax before dance lessons). Tonight, a person sat near me.

"I just took all mine off" they said. I asked what they were talking about. "I just took off my make up and polish and came back in." I thought maybe they had been dressed all day and had been doing the party scene. It isn't unusual for people to get out of dresses after a long hot day.

As it turned out, Kathryn (I hope I am spelling that right) is a recent addition to the TG scene and she was just getting out in public recently. We discussed many things and found that we shared many ideas. I asked her to join here and I hope she does. I am sure she will enjoy being out now.

I had to leave Kathryn for dace class though. It was number 3 in the series and I and slowly getting better. As I said before since I go solo I am at the mercy of hoping there will be another single. This time there was, a very nice man, Mike. He tried to keep me on the beat. Also I was a foot taller than he is. He had to keep looking around me while leading. Also because it was Pride there were a lot of...well overly saturated young people who really didn't want to dance as much as make out on the dance floor. But it was fun and I will be back next week to do it again.

Sunday, Pride day. I had to get made up before I went to care for my clinic cats. In my center (which is a Christian school mostly) there are two churches so I was concerned about offending them (see photo above). I got in and out without anyone seeing me though.

It was hot here yesterday. Almost 100 and Pride was busy (so many young people...it is great to see the next generation being so free). I went with two friends. One didn't feel like walking but the other and I went all around the park. Those shoes are OK for walking but not so good for standing. My feet kept sliding forward and the straps cut into my toes :(. So by the time we were done about two hours later I was ready to take off my shoes and stand in the grass. But we met some great people, photographers from various places. No I won't be in the paper. I wasn't that pretty and there were far more interesting people. But it really was hot, I was melting. I stopped at the liquor store (new owers and they didn't even look twice) and then I went home and took a cool bath.

Well, another Pride weekend has passed now. And each passing year seems like I get noticed less and less. That is a good thing because at least around here TG's are becoming common.

Get out there have a good time, enjoy life

ronda
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Lorileah sounds like you had a great time at pride weekend. I love the shoes and the skrit in your pic if i ever get to Denver i will have stop and say hi if you would be up for that Hug Ronda