PDA

View Full Version : RuPaul is like 50. Whats she take to look so good?!?!

RachelRoxx
06-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Im sure we all watch Drag Race and Drag U. RuPaul is like 52 and she still looks FABULOUS in girl mode. Its incredible. I hope I look that good when im 50.

Kate Simmons
06-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Makeup works wonders Hon.;)

LilSissyStevie
06-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Actually, RuPaul looks more feminine dressed in man clothes and without makeup than most of us could ever hope for dressed at our feminine best.

Lorileah
06-16-2012, 05:44 PM
:eek: Over 50! Wow, I wonder how I'll look? Oh...I am over 50, by 6 years. Usually people think I am in my 40's when I an out. Three coats of barn paint do wonders...MOw get off my lawn you little scamp!

BTW, RuPaul has had some work done so don't sweat it

Wildaboutheels
06-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Lot's of money can do wonders. And, I have met a few of the local TV news folks in person. None have looked as good as they do on TV. LIGHTING is critical for any type of pictures/mags/video etc. and I am sure the show spares no expense in this regard. Also, a "great many" magazine covers are heavily photoshopped [especially female cover shots] according to numerous sources.

Not trying to be negative but those are the FACTS and I doubt if anyone but RP knows the extent of any "work" he MIGHT have had done.

kimmyg
06-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I tend to agree with every else, its the makeup

Leslie Langford
06-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Makeup works wonders Hon.;)

ITA...Not to be unkind, but has anyone ever see Oprah without her make up on (such as those candid shots of her and BFF Gail on a recent camping trip)? This kind of sums it up: :eek:

Marleena
06-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Okay ex-wife comment (sorry). I never saw my ex without makeup during the honeymoon phase. The first time I saw her without makeup I was like ughh..then I knew why.:) Makeup does do wonders for us and some of the GG's. For TG girls it's a must, it's about creating the female illusion.

AmberNation
06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I've noticed that sometimes they will use a lens filter to make things a little blurry. And the opening of the show just uses still images that have probably been photoshoped. And I'm sure Rupaul has a team of makeup artists on hand to work their wonders. But other than that, she still looks good for her age. Makeup and special effects can't do it all. And some people just age different from others, genetics and how you take care of yourself are important.

Beverley Sims
06-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Makeup and a little pin and tuck help but yes Ru Paul is well preserved.:)

Tina B.
06-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Does the term Plastic Surgery, mean anything to you, I'll bet Rue has had at least one face lift, and many of the pro's use surgery to feminnize their looks.
Tina B.

janet54
06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
God Tina. You are so right. I suppose that all came natural looks.b.s.

Sophie_C
06-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Ru is rather slim. Being slim ALWAYS helps in looking far better femme, and for any woman, tremendously in aging.

Tara D. Rose
06-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Rupaul does look very good for her age. I passed that age a few years ago too. Make up does do wonders too. Yes Leslie, I saw that episode with Oprah on the camping trip. And when she awoke the next morning, had I not known it was Oprah, I wouldn't have known otherwise. I bet Oprah could go out to a local market with no make up on and probably no one would recognise her. Love Oprah.

Eryn
06-17-2012, 01:39 PM
One of the things that struck me when I started dressing completely is how much younger I looked in makeup and without gray hair. It makes going back to drab rather distressing! :( RuPaul has this advantage, probably some surgery, and the benefit of the best makeup and photography people around, along with the retoucher's magic!

sometimes_miss
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I've found that beer goggles work tremendously well to improve the looks of other people!

Lynn Marie
06-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Actually I don't think RuPaul looks all that good, and I never watch "Drag race". Sorry, but this bunch of Drag Queens are way too over the top for my tastes. I've met a few local DQ's and they're nice folks. Maybe all the drama is for TV, sort of like OCC, but it just turns me off completely. Would rather watch the history channel or silly old Charlie Sheen in "2 1/2 Men". Now that guy is truly good looking and his comedic timing is impeccable. Well written show, too bad it's over. No, I don't give a hoot what Charlie does off screen.

terrianncd
06-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Best way to look better after 50 (and I am 57) Turn off the light lol

oliviarub
06-18-2012, 03:52 PM
he should thank photoshop or whatever software is used on those pics as well.

patti.jean
06-19-2012, 06:57 AM
In her book “Workin' It!: RuPaul's Guide to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Style” she reveals her secrets. I admire her but would not go to the extremes she does to crossdress.