PDA

View Full Version : Effort

Kate Simmons
06-17-2012, 07:53 AM
It takes a lot of work and effort for many of us to look nice. Those who look kind of feminine naturally are especially blessed. Not so for most of us though because the bottom line is, well.. we look like guys. I am particularly hairy guy myself naturally so shaving take a lot of maintenance. I have to shave my legs every other day, my chest every day and the rest as needed. As far as my face, the pics may not show it but I have a heavy beard shadow and need to shave at least twice a day(when en femme) with a triple track razor to eliminate stubble.

Even though I can be ready and out of the door to go dancing or whatever after showering and shaving and moisturizing, dressing and makeup still takes effort and co-ordination which I do most of before time by picking out my outfit and "outfit" includes wig, jewelery and shoes, etc. Once I'm dressed I put on eye shadow, Brow pencil, mascara,liner, beard cover, creme foundation, blush, face powder, nail polish. I then put on my jewelery, wig, shoes and whatever other gadgets I need. Lipstick is always last as I consider that the final touch. Spritz on some fragrance and I'm out the door. Interestingly, de-constructing myself after coming back home is short and sweet.

In the end the "finished product" seems to be worth the effort and is the "pay off" and every time I cannot help but wonder how I went from "drab' to "fab" in a relatively short time. How do your efforts pay off for you?:)

Beverley Sims
06-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Drab to absolutely fab is always rewarding no matter how long it takes.
My problems are a lot less shaving wise and I can look ok in 20 mins, good in half an hour, or fab in one to two hours.:)

Lucy_Bella
06-17-2012, 09:41 AM
How my efforts pay off?

Kate , I don't go out and I have no one to dress for but myself.. I am lucky in part because I am not as hairy as most men, it takes time for me to grow facial hair and even longer to re grow body hair.. I am lean with some shape that can go both ways fem or masc.. Dressing for me is ...Well for me and if I am happy with the results or un satisfied then I have myself to answer to.. But I am always happy with the effort not so much with the results..

Have fun I say..

Tina B.
06-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Well I'm not out clubbing, but I can go from drab to fab in about 40 mins after years of practice. I'm not hairy at all, I never did have a lot, it it's a light color, but since I've aged I have just a little hair at all, so shaving last for days, and the face I can get by almost all day with out worry. It use to take a couple of hours but it's gotten easier with years of doing it.
Tina B.

Laura912
06-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Know I've been to drab-land but not to sure if ever arrived at fab-land.

janet54
06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Kate. You are right it takes alot of work .But in the end we all feel Fab.

Jamsey
06-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Kate,
I can empathize completely. I know I look like a guy in a dress, though sometimes I am somewhat passable. But I still stink at putting on make-up. So, when I go clubbing, I still go clubbing at almost 64, (see below), I gave up a lot of the stuff, it is just to hot.. I do shave my beard twice, armpits and some chest hairs depending on what I'm wearing. I have light hair so I can get away with not shaving too much.
I put on some mascara, some racoon eyes, maybe eyebrows, maybe foundation, if I have the time and lipstick is last. I wear my forms, but gave up all other shapewear. When I dance, that stuff is just too hot, and also complicates things way too much in the rest room. I do wear panty hose to cover my leg hair. I figure, for the most part it will be dark, and, if there are young good looking people out dancing, which there often is, then who will be looking at me, other than a cursory glance. I wouldn't. Somehow, I'm becoming less sensitive to what other people are thinking at the clubs.

By the way, I think you look great, and if I'm ever in PA, I would like to go dancing with you.

Big Hug,
Jamsey

If i'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When i'm sixty-four.

Eryn
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Fab isn't really possible for me, but I can be "acceptable for a fiftysomething" in about an hour and a half, including nails. Laser has made the shaving somewhat quicker and I can go all day on one shave because the grays don't show up like the beard shadow used to. I epilate everywhere below the neck and probably spend 15 minutes a day maintaining whatever area is showing a bit of growth.

Kaz
06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi Kate,

Similar story from me. I keep my body smooth all the time and that means shaving every 2 to 3 days. My big problem is also my facial hair. No matter how close I shave the beard shadow is still there, so this is a major part of my 'transformation'. The down side is that I then have a lot of make-up on - not so bad in the dark or twilight or 'at a distance' in the daylight, but looking in a makeup mirror is scary! Having said that I have been up close with others on occasions and nothing was said - well only once but I don't know if he was referring to me. Had a couple of 'looks' as well but rare and who knows what was in their heads?

So if I am going all out for a transformation, providing my body is smooth, I can get it all in place in 30 minutes if I am in a hurry. I usually like to take my time though and pamper myself... so then it is an hour to two hours including a long hot bath with lots of bubbles!

The clothes go on last for me though... after the make-up. I then touch-up with lipstick and mascara as needed.

Mythic
06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
In looks I'm kind of feminine but for a 19 yr old I'm quite hairy. I have to shave areas most men don't have to worry about. Including arms an shoulders. I also have extremely thick eyebrows... It is a rediculous pain. I know I get that from my father. And I'm now gettig a shadow where my beard is. Cleanly shaven I look about 16 not just from my face but I'm about 126 lbs. With facial hair I've been told I look like I'm 25.

Kate Simmons
06-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I know Mythic. If I stop dressing for awhile and decide to let my beard grow, I'm told I look at least 5 years older (salt and pepper) and more manly. I guess that's the price we pay for wanting to look "rugged" and while some gals love that in appearance, they do say unless it's really soft it scratches their tender faces. Geez, sometimes we can't win for losing it seems. From that perspective, I think while time consuming it's just easier by far to keep all of the "fuzz" off. ;:battingeyelashes::)

Raquel June
06-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Are you expressing some degree of frustration in the effort required? You're supposed to be excited about all those little things :)

But after going full-time, for awhile I was overwhelmed with all the effort. I became pretty depressed feeling like I needed all that effort to be me. To keep from looking like a guy. And identifying as a woman, it makes you feel really fake when you feel like you can't leave the house because you feel manly without everything just right.

But in the end you just need to be more natural and get some confidence in the femininity you have without all that effort. You should probably deal with the hair regardless, but getting to the point where you can go out without a ton of makeup and without being a little over-the-top on the femininity -- and still be confident in your walk and be completely feminine ... it just feels amazing and natural and like you can breathe better.

If you identify as CD I don't want to speak for you, but that's how it is for me being TS.

Shananigans
06-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I think everyone usually "cleans up just nice." ;)

Kate Simmons
06-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not complaining about all the efforts I take to look nice. I'm basically saying it takes extra effort but the "finished product" is worth the effort. I must be doing something right if guys keep asking me out.;):battingeyelashes::)

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2012, 05:43 AM
No one ever said it was easy being a girl! I spend a couple of hours a day trying to look like somthing I wish I really was! Hugs!

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Not sure I've ever gotten near fab. I do try for presentable and blendable.

lowxr
06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
I would be happy presentable !!!