PDA

View Full Version : Shave the Legs?

Marie-Elise
06-17-2012, 08:36 AM
I just have a quick question. I am going to be working away from home the next couple of weeks. My wife mentioned she would be uncomfortable if I shaved my legs. But since I will be away, I was thinking I would give it a shot.

My question, for those who have experience in this, is whether or not two weeks is long enough for it to grow back. I just want to do it once to see what it feels like. What do you think?

Any advice is appreciated. And, I don't look at it as being dishonest with my wife; she knows and supports my dressing. She just pointed out she would not like this particular thing.

TGMarla
06-17-2012, 08:39 AM
It takes about six weeks for your leg hair to fully grow back. That's been my experience, anyway.

Sandra1746
06-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Two weeks will give you a nice "stubble", nowhere near what a normal leg hair growth looks like. How your wife reacts is something only you can guess at.

Shaving is really not a big deal unless your wife makes it one; and for her it may be. I shave my legs and I doubt anyone notices. Just think about it yourself, how often to you look closely at other guy's legs?

Just my opinion,
Sandra1746

EjayeCD
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm sort of lucky. After playing football in jr high, high & college, I had my knees & ankles taped so much that taking the tape off sort of waxed my legs. I have almost no hair & the little I have I shave. Thank you football.

Annie D
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Once you shave your legs you won't stand it once the hair starts growing out again. After a couple of days you will be so uncomfortable that you will shave them again plus the feeling of shaved legs is ever so nice. Walking around with stubble is not too bad but when your legs rub against one another in bed, it is most irritating. Imagine if you shave them and then rub your legs against your wife's smooth legs how irritating it will be for her. Save her the irritation and once you shave them, keep them smooth.

janet54
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Annie D. Is so right on all counts honey.

JamieG
06-17-2012, 09:28 AM
She will probably notice, and if you did it behind her back, that could lead to trouble. I suggest you talk to her about it and simply say that it is something you would like to do, and this is opportunity for you to try it without her having to have it in her face. You don't necessarily need to ask for permission, but if you want to avoid a fight, its good to have her blessing.

Marie-Elise
06-17-2012, 09:53 AM
She will probably notice, and if you did it behind her back, that could lead to trouble. I suggest you talk to her about it and simply say that it is something you would like to do, and this is opportunity for you to try it without her having to have it in her face. You don't necessarily need to ask for permission, but if you want to avoid a fight, its good to have her blessing.

I think this is the approach I'll take. I'll give her a call later today and see how it goes.

linda allen
06-17-2012, 09:57 AM
If your lifestyle involves wearing shorts or swimsuits and you do it around close friends, they are bound to notice if you shave your legs. One will most likely blurt out "Sam (your real name here), do you shave your legs?" This could be embarassing.

As for your wife noticing, if you are close or intimate, she will surely notice.

You can buy men's "grooming kits" with clippers that have different guides on them. Trim your body hair to 1/2", 1/4", or so. You'll still have hair but it will be shorter and more comfortable and you won't suffer the embarassment of being asked in public if you shave your legs.

tara t
06-17-2012, 10:18 AM
im in a similar situation , wife actualy likes my legs with hair and i detest them hairy . ive shaved them before and a friend did indeed notice at the time (and it was damned awkward) and that friend became very distant over the years to the point we barely speak now . recently my biggest concern was would it be noticed if i went to the swimming pool with my legs shaved, im not so worried now as yesterday i went swimming (with said hairy legs) and was in the pool before i looked and remembered i had bright red toenails . id say my face matched the red colour instantly . sooo i decided id wait near the door (but still in the pool) untill the least amount of people were around and make good my escape , it seemed to take forever and im sure i looked akward while trying to look casual lol. i eventualy got out and dont think it was noticed.

my wife had painted my toenails during the week , without me asking or hinting ,it was a lovely surprise and it realy made me smile but i keep forgetting ive still got the nailvarnish on .

Leslie Langford
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Once you shave your legs you won't stand it once the hair starts growing out again. After a couple of days you will be so uncomfortable that you will shave them again plus the feeling of shaved legs is ever so nice. Walking around with stubble is not too bad but when your legs rub against one another in bed, it is most irritating. Imagine if you shave them and then rub your legs against your wife's smooth legs how irritating it will be for her. Save her the irritation and once you shave them, keep them smooth.

The best solution to that is to either wax your legs or epilate.

I've been epilating my whole body year-round for over 2 years now, and would never go back to being hairy again. Being smooth all over just feels so nice, and so far, no one - except for my wife - seems to have noticed. And if they have, they've never brought it up. Of course, my wife wasn't thrilled initially by the whole deforestation thing (especially my chest), but has now grudgingly come to accept it.

The benefits of waxing or epilating as opposed to shaving are two-fold. Not only does it take the hair longer to grow back in - when it does, it is much finer and there is no stubble. And if you keep up the waxing or epilating on a regular basis (I do it about once a week, and it takes me about an hour from top-to-bottom), the discomfort is also much less, as the hair is still so downy at that point.

Best of all, your body will look about the same year-round, with none of the extremes of hair/no hair when you only remove your hair periodically (or seasonally). This also makes it much easier to fly under the radar then.

Tina B.
06-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope she does not get upset, knowing she will be away, and you will be exploring something like that without her there. She may fear you will want to keep it that way, and cause her to worry the whole time she is gone. might be better talking to her, and doing it when she is around. Women worry about the darnedest things!
Tina B.

Eryn
06-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Our SOs seem to have a stronger emotional attachment to body hair than we do ourselves. They may see it as a symbol of manhood and interpret its removal as a step away from the "man she married."

I know that I caused my wife Mimi distress when I got carried away with body hair removal. I didn't discuss it with her as thoroughly as I should have and, since I was sugaring, it was gone all at once which must have been a shock. It's been quite a while now and she's grown used to how I look in the non-furry state. One advantage from our SO's point of view is that we look younger without the hair (check out any heartthrob movie star or model!)

Since your CDing is open to your SO my advice is to talk to her first and tell her that you want to try shaving while she is away. She'll probably be OK with it since she doesn't have to see the abrupt transition. What I don't suggest is "springing" it on her.

Yes, it seems unfair, since GGs can change any number of things about themselves without any thought of consulting with their husbands, but you are in a partnership and it is important for you both to understand why you are doing these things.

Stephenie S
06-17-2012, 02:11 PM
My advice? Pay attention to your wife's wishes. Just what kind of a life do you plan with this woman? You know what she wants.

Stephie

Kaz
06-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Our SOs seem to have a stronger emotional attachment to body hair than we do ourselves. They may see it as a symbol of manhood and interpret its removal as a step away from the "man she married."

I know that I caused my wife Mimi distress when I got carried away with body hair removal. I didn't discuss it with her as thoroughly as I should have and, since I was sugaring, it was gone all at once which must have been a shock. It's been quite a while now and she's grown used to how I look in the non-furry state. One advantage from our SO's point of view is that we look younger without the hair (check out any heartthrob movie star or model!)

Since your CDing is open to your SO my advice is to talk to her first and tell her that you want to try shaving while she is away. She'll probably be OK with it since she doesn't have to see the abrupt transition. What I don't suggest is "springing" it on her.

Yes, it seems unfair, since GGs can change any number of things about themselves without any thought of consulting with their husbands, but you are in a partnership and it is important for you both to understand why you are doing these things.

Well put Eryn, totally agree with you!

JohnH
06-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I also shave my arms. If I allow stubble to grow on my arms, my wife will say, "John, it's time you shaved your arms. Your arms feel like sandpaper." :)

John

prettytoes
06-17-2012, 04:06 PM
If you want to shave to "see how it feels", I will give you a warning: You will like the way it feels so much that you will not want to let it grow back. If all men knew how great smooth legs feel, all men would shave them. It's cooler in the high heat and humidity, and they feel great when a cool breeze blows over them. It's also much easier to apply suncreen. I have found that nobody notices, or they just don't care.
My advise is to tell your wife how much you want to try it and see how it goes.

Paula_56
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
4 weeks to not notice

outhiking
06-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Your wife will definately notice, even if you aren't intimate it's still pretty obvious. But, I've found that others rarely notice. We live where everyone bikes and so guys with shaved legs are pretty normal and accepted.

Jamie001
06-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Why are GG SOs so concerned about hair on the legs, arms, and other parts of the body. If our GGs SO wants to have short hair, we don't tell her that she can't do it. It would be great if GGs could feet what it is like to have hair on their legs so that they can experience just how yucky it really feels as compared to having smooth legs. Then maybe they will understand.

busker
06-17-2012, 11:45 PM
it would partly depend on how old you are, how hairy you are, how thick your hair is and maybe how often she sees you in the buff. It truly is no big thing to be shaved, and men in many cultures have little to no body hair. It really seems to be a "WESTERN" thing about hair. My hair grows like weeds, I'm hairy, though I have no beard shadow and had a full beard most of my life. Now I'm a hairless mole rat.

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Mine certainly doesn't grow back that fast. You might want to talk this over with your wife. I realize she's expressed some reservations, but maybe she would be willing to allow a test ...afterall it grows back!

Ria
06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
If you shave your legs you'll be hooked... just warning you! ....especially if you like nylons. Two weeks growth and I don't think people will notice that you shaved, you'll just have shorter leg hair.

Marie-Elise
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
If you shave your legs you'll be hooked... just warning you! ....especially if you like nylons. Two weeks growth and I don't think people will notice that you shaved, you'll just have shorter leg hair.

Yeah...I think I am going to hold off till the fall and when I can talk to my wife face to face because I might like it too much. Today, I put a little bit of lipstick on for the first time. Just, you know, for research purposes. I did not want to take it off. I'm afraid the legs are going to have to wait longer.

Also, I have a question for those who say no one will notice. If no one would notice, I don't think GGs would do it, would they?

Eryn
06-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Also, I have a question for those who say no one will notice. If no one would notice, I don't think GGs would do it, would they?

Actually, GGs shave their legs because it's expected of them and because they find (as we do) that it feels nice. Some GGs don't shave and I don't recall ever being shocked by that.

I stay smooth year round and nobody has commented on my legs. That's not to say that nobody has noticed, but if you pay attention (and only a CDer would!) you will find that men exhibit a wide range of hairyness. Being hairless is hardly unusual and there are a wide range of reasons. Heck, many male models have no body hair at all and most women seem to adore them!

If I were ever asked why I have hairless legs my answer would be "Because I like it! Why do you ask?"

Jamie1948
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I have been shaving my legs for about a year now. When I first started my wife got a little upset, now she sometimes remind me to shave them.

Rebecca Star
07-23-2012, 01:23 PM

My SO doesn't have an issue with me having shaved legs, though, apart from above by knees, hair growth is patchy. Besides the rest of me, is smooth as a baby's bottom. I've not noticed anyone really checking my legs out - I think it's an accept thing these days for guys not to be hairy any where.

But I do agree once you start, be prepared to either got through a few days where the iching of an ingrown hair will drive you completely crazy or just get used to keeping them hairless from that point onward. The iching does subside but I found it takes a few months before it stops completely.

You might want to talk this over with your wife. I realize she's expressed some reservations, but maybe she would be willing to allow a test ...afterall it grows back!

Keep this up this excellent advice and soon Kim, I'm going to address you as Yoda. :)

Chickhe
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Do it for halloween or take up cycling... that way you have a reason. My wife, I think would not be that impressed, but on the other hand she once said the only thing she wouldn't like is the stubble. Come to think of it, that's what I don't like when she does some trimming and I tend to like smooth better than harry too.

Jamie1948
07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
I have been shaving my legs for over a year now. The first time I did it my wife got upset. I asked her what was the problem, I shave my face, shave my head and shave other parts too but she had a problem with my legs. I stopped after a while and one time in bed she was rubbing my leg with her foot. She said I need to buff my feet because they were rough. I said that is my leg. So she said shave if you want. More to this story is I had prostate cancer and used radiation therapy to cure it. The radiation did affect the hair on my body. In many places it got like wire, legs, pubic hair. After treatment I decided to progress more with my C/D lifestyle and here I am today.
Jamie1948

Noemi
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Hello Marie-Elise,

Shaving your legs feels wonderful. It is a good step towards feeling feminine.

I am attracted to men. And I like when they are furry, it is sexy to me and I like to feel like a woman...I say this because this is likely where she is coming from.

From the tone of your posts it sounds like you have a good thing with your wife and she is willing to try accepting your cd'ing...
She will know if you shave anything, it takes some months for the hair to be as it was.

I have read many posts concerning a wife's acceptance. This can be a minefield. I wish you the best of luck, that you can dress up and stay happily married.

Noemi

Jaymees22
07-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi Marie, I noticed my legs have been practically hairless after I turned 60 so I was lucky and just shaved off the remaining small amount and no one noticed. So I was very lucky that only my legs went bald and not my head. now I'm debating to shave my underarms, I trimed them and pretend I'm from Europe or Mars..Jaymee

Tracii G
07-31-2012, 01:33 PM
My SO has no problem with my shaved legs.She accepts it as part of the whole package.

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi Marie, It sounds like there's going to a problem wheh you come home.

Rikidee
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I agree with all the answers. It will not grow back in two weeks but you will never want it to grow back once you experience it. The feeling is just too good!!! Hugs Riki

Sarah27
08-05-2012, 12:33 AM
I shaved my legs a couple months ago and was afraid to wear shorts in 100 degree heat for a long time, couldn't go to the beach, avoided meeting girls. I don't remember how long it took I think it was about 2 months for full regrowth. I want to shave again badly but still want to wear shorts or go to the beach, lol.

triciaannmarie
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
my mom noticed 2 weeks ago that i had no hair on my legs and she told me she wished she didn't have any hair on hers. I told her i help mine along by shaving them. She didn't say anything more. My present g/f doesn't care, but she doesn't care about much of anything anyway, except the fact, that she hates that i see a Mistress on ocassions. But thats her problem.

heatherdress
08-05-2012, 04:49 PM
A lot of good ideas and good advice. I suggest one step at a time. Involve your wife. Show her your appreciation (thank you cards, notes). Do something special for her when you dress (back rub, neck massage). Maybe tell her the maid or the nurse is coming. Playing a role can be a lot of fun. She might grow to look forward to your dressing. My wife does. Make your dressing fun for her. Buy some matching PJs (Walmart is reasonable). By the way, she may prefer you shaved. Also, people may notice things but they don't care. Would you care if you noticed your neighbor had no hair on his arms? or got his ears pierced? or changed his hair style? or.......?

shayleetv
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
The other day my wife asked me if I had just shaved my legs. The reply was no because I don't have the need to shave. Normally my leg hair is a whitish blond because of my age.(my head and beard are white to a little gray) When I wear dance tights you can't see my leg hair. But something else is also happening because of age and that is hair loss. Oh there are some hairs there but you have to search hard. I now have one hair for every 2 square inches on my lower legs and as it goes up to my hip it's more like 20 per square inch. INTERESTING!!!!!!
No shaving and no electrolysis, now if I could outgrow those ugly pop up and spider veins. Well, to have the smooth looking legs it's back to dance tight to hide those ugly blue veins.

Stacey Renee
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I just have a quick question. I am going to be working away from home the next couple of weeks. My wife mentioned she would be uncomfortable if I shaved my legs. But since I will be away, I was thinking I would give it a shot.

My question, for those who have experience in this, is whether or not two weeks is long enough for it to grow back. I just want to do it once to see what it feels like. What do you think?

Any advice is appreciated. And, I don't look at it as being dishonest with my wife; she knows and supports my dressing. She just pointed out she would not like this particular thing.

I just did it the first time, my wife was also big into my hair, as I am a man after all, but when I did, and the shock wore off, she now loves my legs shaved and lets me know pretty persistently if she sees the slightest stubble or if I missed a spot. I keep my entire body now shaved, except for my face, I only shave that for weekends that I dress feminine, but to always have my goatee off, she put her foot down... hahaha, luckily it grows back within three days... I am actually at 15 days without shaving my legs and they have grown out about 1/4 inch, to my wife's displeasure, but I told her I would take care of it after a party we are attending next week. I think the shock value of my family would be too much if they saw me with shaved legs... So can't wait for winter, that way I will keep them shaved where I won't need shorts and family won't see...

Meghan
08-05-2012, 11:38 PM
As others have probably said, your hair won't grow back enough in 2 weeks for her not to notice.

But it's just hair.

Meghan

Erica Marie
08-06-2012, 05:51 AM
My suggestion is to talk to her about it. Ask her, that seeing you will be away for two weeks if she doesnt mind. If you do with in a week it is already growing back. It will take a few weeks for it to grow back full. Who knows maybe she is just afraid others will notice. She may actually like your smooth legs next to hers. I have been shaving mine now since the beginning of summer and no one even noticed or at least said anything about it. I wear shorts ever day and work out at the gym, not a second look.

diannecourtney
08-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Well it is determined if you are hairy or light growth, I to was a football guy and the tape went up about 8" above ankle and th hair never grew but I was rather light and nobody has missed it since I started shaving. Boy or gurl, I'd do anything in a minute to stop the facials. But, a comment, ifthose are your legs in the avatar,Thhey are fantastic and should be shaved.

Launa
08-06-2012, 09:02 AM
If the wife doesn't want you to do it then don't do it unless you ask. I've waxed before and have let it grow back a few times but the wife gave me her reluctant permission before I slashed that hair off. Once again I've been been hairless for a month now and I'm ready to own it!!!!! If someone asks I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a CD but I'm ready to admit to removing my hair. I have a bunch of relatives and "kids" coming out to visit us in 2 weeks and we'll all be hanging at a pool for a day. I asked my wife if it will be ok and she said let the hair grow back a bit just for this occasion so I haven't shaved down for a week. It will give me some 1/4" stubblies then and will make me look a little more metro-sexual insted of completely smooth. After the visit I'm going to get waxed again.

Marie-Elise
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow, I am surprised this thread is still alive. Well, I did not shave my legs.

However, I am going through a bit of thinking right now. You see, I would like to shave my legs now that pool season is nearing its end. Also, I would like to, just once, see what I look like without my beard and with decent makeup and a wig.

It's going to take a discussion, though.

whowhatwhen
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM

This I don't get.
It's your body and no matter which gender anyone telling you how to keep it is just plain wrong.

If someone has body hair that they find repulsive, what gives anyone the right to make them keep it?
I know it's a little more complicated than just that but reason has to win out in the end, you can't own someone else's body.

Cam
08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't see the big deal, I started shaving from the waist down while I was still in high school. I got some teasing from the guys at first but when they saw that the girls loved it, they stopped. No, none of my buddies started shaving for the girls but they were cool with it if it worked for me, of course at our last reunion they were still calling me slick.

Beverley Sims
08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I have a real problem, I wonder what it would be like to shave my legs but they don't grow there any more.
Wish my beard was the same.:)

dsmth
08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I shaved my legs in the winter and spring and then stopped for the summer (surprise surprise). But I have started to shave part of my legs again. The part that is covered by my shorts. That said... I agree with some of the others here that most people won't notice or care. Recently I've made a point of checking other men's legs for their degree of hairiness. And not all of them seemed to have hair! Who knows why some didn't. Maybe they crossdress or maybe its for some other reason. But still I"m a little shy about it. As with all of this stuff... once you start on something... it just gets "worse". It's funny how you say in yesterday's post, Marie-Elise, that you want to try something "just once". That's a funny one.

katie_barns
08-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Once I went smooth I could never go back. I try to let them grow out in the summer but have never made it more than a couple months. Usually its more like a couple days. :)

Amy R Lynn
08-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow, I am surprised this thread is still alive. Well, I did not shave my legs.

However, I am going through a bit of thinking right now. You see, I would like to shave my legs now that pool season is nearing its end. Also, I would like to, just once, see what I look like without my beard and with decent makeup and a wig.

It's going to take a discussion, though.

I wore a goatee for a LONG time, years.... I shaved it off in March. I was suprised how many people didn't notice. And the couple that did say that it makes me look years younger. Just what this girl wanted to hear! I am looking forward to the colder months so I can start shaving my body again. I love having silk smooth legs. This year I plan on rewarding my silky legs with nice stockings, beautiful shoes, and a nice dress to show them off. I have yet to fully dress, but am looking forward to it all!

So, shave on! Off with the body hair!

larry
08-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I shaved a portion on both my legs about 10 years ago. You know those areas remain bare to this day . ??? So-be careful
what you do without permission of some sort unless you are fine with living alone. (win battle-lose war)

CINDYO
08-07-2012, 08:13 PM
hey it's only hair, go ahead, it's your body, she'll get over it, trust me i did. You deserve to do what you want with your body, not like you are mistreating her, or doing something illegal. Don't be so harsh with yourself.

Momarie
08-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Make no mistake, people notice, they are just to polite to say anything.

Meghan
08-07-2012, 10:53 PM
There is more to this story, but we just shaved my legs for the first time back in early July. Even my 18 year old son hasn't said anything. My massage therapist saw my PURPLE TOES last weekend and didn't say a word.

I think people notice at some level, but they really don't care. How can removing body hair be offensive? It doesn't mean anything.

Meghan

Amy R Lynn
08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I shaved a portion on both my legs about 10 years ago. You know those areas remain bare to this day . ??? So-be careful
what you do without permission of some sort unless you are fine with living alone. (win battle-lose war)

I'm going to say that I bet this is a rare case. Everyone on my swim team in high school shaved down every year. I don't ever remember anyone saying that it never grew back. I wish that would happen to me. That would rock! It would save me so much time and money. However, like I said before, I think you are a rare case.

lexie89
08-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Marie yeah it will grow back in 2 weeks if you share with a shaving cream and not a hair removal cream or if you do not use some method to pull out your hair with the roots. now it depends on how long your hair is because i probably imagine since it will be your first time i will not grow back as much as you have at the moment

JohannaSophia
08-08-2012, 02:05 AM
I can't imagine why a wife who accepts crossdressing would worry about shaving. I wonder why?

It has been a gradual process for my spouse and myself. We gradually started removing other areas of body hair together, I am not real hairy anyway which helped. So shaving my legs was not much of a stetch, and yes it wonderful being smooth. My wife eventually had some areas Laser removed but I prefer just shaving.

Good luck.

Mollyanne
08-08-2012, 05:49 AM
First of all, I wouldn't go against what my SO 's wishes were. Should you opt to shave your legs against her suggestion, then you are letting yourself in for a much bigger deal then you think!!!! I would comply with what she said and shave them when you return home. BTW, when you do shave them, moisturize them and slip into a REALLY sheer pair of nylons-----the feeling(s) are exquisite!!!!!!

Molly

Marie-Elise
08-08-2012, 07:59 AM
There seems to be contrasting views on this. Some say "It's your body, do what you want" and others say "Don't go against your wife's wishes".

At the top of my list of priorities is to keep my family together. This isn't to say that I will compromise on everything or deprive myself of anything. It means that, if I want to do something, it has to align with that goal.

Having said that, I am going to talk with my wife soon. Just once, I would like to look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me. That means makeup, shaved legs and everything. Whether I do it when she can see and help (if she wants) or not is the question. It will be an interesting discussion on the limits of her acceptance and the boundaries of my hobby.

Glendy
08-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I've been shaving my leggs for about a year and I love the way my leggs feel nice and smooth. this week I let my hair grow and on about the third day I couldn't stand it any longer so today, I got the razor out and shaved my leggs. boy do I feel much better. I don't think I'll ever let my leg hair again.

Michelle (Oz)
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
The best solution to that is to either wax your legs or epilate.

I've been epilating my whole body year-round for over 2 years now.
Question Leslie ... how do you epilate your back? My fingers and back haven't seen each other for quite a few years.

Michelle (Oz)

jamie-upstate
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM

and once you have your legs smooth look in the mirror and keep going with the razor

Marie GG
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Make no mistake, people notice, they are just to polite to say anything.

This is so true. I notice every time. Not sure if it is cause my husband is part time CDer or because a man with smooth legs is so noticeable, (I am fairly certain I always noticed before too) but either way I never mention it to the person. It would be rude.

Anyway in my own experience with my hubby, if you shave you will never want to stop, and if your wife is uncomfortable with it, as I am, it will always be an issue.

Marie GG
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
\She may actually like your smooth legs next to hers. I have been shaving mine now since the beginning of summer and no one even noticed or at least said anything about it.

Sorry but unless she is attracted to women, I doubt this will be the case.
What I mean is she is probably attracted to some of your male attributes, and not too many G's are sexually attracted to their husbands in dress. Shaving brings the dressing into your every day life, almost as if you were someone who dresses 24/7.
And trust me, if she said she doesn't want you to shave, she will notice any difference in hair length. 2 weeks isn't long enough to grow back to normal length. If you have mentioned shaving and she did not seem to keen about it, then later she notices your leg hair much shorter it may seem like you are trimming it down instead of growing it back.

linda allen
08-10-2012, 09:32 AM
What I mean is she is probably attracted to some of your male attributes, and not too many G's are sexually attracted to their husbands in dress. .

At some point in a marriage, "sexually attracted to" is more about love and less about looks. I do agree that if one partner in a marriage has strong objections to the other partner doing something, it's best not to just go ahead and do it anyway without discussing it and reaching a compromise.

larry
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Marie GG, Thanks for sharing. This is why having GGs on this site is important..

This is so true. I notice every time. Not sure if it is cause my husband is part time CDer or because a man with smooth legs is so noticeable, (I am fairly certain I always noticed before too) but either way I never mention it to the person. It would be rude.

Anyway in my own experience with my hubby, if you shave you will never want to stop, and if your wife is uncomfortable with it, as I am, it will always be an issue.

whowhatwhen
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Ultimately it's just body hair and you'd "let" him shave it though?
Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our GG members but it is his body.

darla_g
08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
if you are out wearing shorts, try getting a good tan on your legs and the lack of hair doesn't seem to be as noticeable

Pexetta
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Men do vary widely in hairiness, and people who don't know you can't tell whether you've shaved or just didn't have much hair there to begin with. So if it's only the general public you're concerned about, you might as well shave.

max
08-10-2012, 07:27 PM

LMFAO! Who appointed you the chief spokeswoman for all women? You going to tell every single wife/girlfriend/significant other of every single biker, swimmer, weightlifter, gym fanatic, runner, etc that they're all lesbians?

Sapphire
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Better perhaps not to underestimate the potential for an adverse impact on your relationship. Male facial and body hair are sometimes viewed as integral aspects of our masculinity - it is not fair that it should be so, but nature does not have to be fair. Some partners may not object, but for others it may be the start of a slippery slope and not something to be taken lightly.

Marie GG
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
At some point in a marriage, "sexually attracted to" is more about love and less about looks. I do agree that if one partner in a marriage has strong objections to the other partner doing something, it's best not to just go ahead and do it anyway without discussing it and reaching a compromise.

My husband and I have been together for 10 years now and you are right, love has a lot to do with attraction now, we both don't look how we looked when we first met, but I still find him physically attractive and hope he thinks the same of me. I do think that it still is important to make an effort to look attractive to your spouse. For example I stay home with our baby. Most days I don't leave the house, but I still take a shower, do my hair, put on make up and wear real clothes. I could go round in pjs or sweats all day but I don't because I want to look attractive for my hubby.

Ultimately it's just body hair and you'd "let" him shave it though?
Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our GG members but it is his body.

This phrase always cracks me up. "It's just body hair, what's the big deal?" If it really isn't a big deal why the need to shave it? Always wondered this.

There really is no let about it. Ultimately it is his body and he can do what he wants.
But I'll tell you this, if I come to bed and see a smooth leg hanging out of the covers I am way less likely to feel like fooling around at that particular moment than if it wasn't shaved. Don't misread me. I'm not saying I with-hold sex because of shaving but it certainly doesn't get me in the mood.

LMFAO! Who appointed you the chief spokeswoman for all women? You going to tell every single wife/girlfriend/significant other of every single biker, swimmer, weightlifter, gym fanatic, runner, etc that they're all lesbians?

Did you read all of my statement?
It was a response to the person who said "She may actually like your smooth legs next to hers" Sorry but this sounds like some CD fantasy. example: "She said she doesn't like the idea of shaved legs, but if I just do it, who knows maybe she'll love how it feels!"

I never said that ALL GG's aren't attracted to their husband in dress. I said most. Take a poll see how many GG's are turned on by it.
Either way I'll rephrase it for you specifically.
This GG is not turned on by smooth legs next to hers and if the original poster's wife has stated a displeasure with the idea of her husband's legs all smooth then there is a probability that she also will not like the feel of his smooth legs next to hers.

Also if I were married to Michael Phelps I still wouldn't be turned on by smooth legs and would prefer them with hair. I don't believe too many of those spouses of bike riders, swimmers, weigh lifters ect... would say "Oh I just love his smooth legs on mine!" But who knows maybe they all love it. Don't really care.
They shave for a different reason and you know it.
As I said before shaving brings the CDing into every day life. If your SO isn't a full time cross dresser and they don't shave you then aren't reminded of it every time you see their legs, but if they are shaved it is always there. Some times it's nice to not be reminded 24/7.

Marie GG, Thanks for sharing. This is why having GGs on this site is important..

Thanks Larry! I know some people don't thinks so but I appreciate the support :)

whowhatwhen
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
This phrase always cracks me up. "It's just body hair, what's the big deal?" If it really isn't a big deal why the need to shave it? Always wondered this.

Easy, it looks and feels disgusting.
In fact, I would wager that there is a huge amount of men out there only keeping their body hair because as men they "have" to.

*shrug*

Marie GG
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
In fact, I would wager that there is a huge amount of men out there only keeping their body hair because as men they "have" to.

*shrug*

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I like a guy with body hair. It is nice to run your fingers through. Wrong opinion for this crowd I suppose.

Momarie
08-11-2012, 07:31 AM
I like a hairy masculine man, I find it very sexy.

What I don't like is laying my cheek on sharp nasty stubble on his chest, it feels disgusting.

I miss twirling and playing with the soft hair on his chest while we cuddle and whisper in the dark.

linda allen
08-11-2012, 08:16 AM

I would wager that it's because it's a lot of trouble to shave it off and then keep it off. Ever try to shave your own back?

linda allen
08-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Whenever my wife talks about getting her legs waxed, I say "I should get mine waxed too." Her reply is "Men are supposed to have hairy legs." Some day she may say something different. Until then, I'll just use my trimmer to keep the hair a reasonable length.

Marie GG
08-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I like a hairy masculine man, I find it very sexy.

What I don't like is laying my cheek on sharp nasty stubble on his chest, it feels disgusting.

I miss twirling and playing with the soft hair on his chest while we cuddle and whisper in the dark.

Right there with you! I love chest hair!
So glad hubby doesn't shave the chest too.
At the rate the leg hair grows back it is stubble by the end of the day, that would be really weird feeling. Guess I'm lucky that is only the legs from time to time.

whowhatwhen
08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Ever try to shave your own back?

Epilators work wonders ;)
As for getting my back, I was thinking of duct taping it to a stick.

As for the hair, I guess we will agree to disagree then.
Interestingly I don't mind hair on men, it's not something that registers to me when it comes to finding them attractive though.

Different strokes I guess.
:)