PDA

View Full Version : Just a wondering

Princess Chantal
06-17-2012, 01:20 PM
For my vacation I experienced staying in a Bed & Breakfast for the first time. During the breakfasts there was a fair amount of socializing with the other guests and the hosts. In which led me to wonder how it would be to show up at the breakfast table while crossdressed. Unfortunately during our stay we were not able to wake up early enough to test those waters. However, there was an elderly couple that we had chatted with at a few breakfasts that came across my afternoon vintage outfits photo session. I was hoping that we'd see them at the next breakfast, but apparently they left early that morning.

Anyhoo,
Has anyone from this forum experienced being crossdressed while staying in a Bed & Breakfast establishment?

And if so,
Would you think it would be a good situation for a crossdresser to have their first interaction with the public while sitting at the breakfast table?

Eryn
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
If I were to do that I'd want to be en femme for the entire stay. Switching back and forth would make you the center of attention as a CDer and wouldn't let you enjoy the experience you're looking for.

Persephone
06-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Haven't done it in a Bed and Breakfast, Chantal, but have shared tables for three meals a day on a two-week ~6,000 mile train trip around the U.S.

I guess there are two ways to go with this.

I seem to pass very well, so my spouse and I were just two women (sisters-in-law) travelling together and we enjoyed the company of others. About half the time we were seated with male-female couples, about half the time with two other women. It was fun to chat and to hear of their various adventures, where they were going and the like. We met people travelling for vacation, some travelling for business, and even one young woman who was relocating for her first job as a restaurant head chef. We talked about their pets, their hometowns, and bunches of other stuff.

I guess that the other way is if you aren't passing, in which case you are either going for shock value or being a positive ambassador for the crossdressing community. I have no experience with either of those options.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Princess Chantal
06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm not always in the mood to crossdress, so switching back and forth is quite common. I don't really crave to crossdress like most, and I tend not to jump at every crossdressing opportunity that comes by my way. Dressing 5 straight days wouldn't be my cup of java as my crossdressing sessions are very special to me and dressing for an extended period would make me not appreciate the sessions as much. (To me chocolate tastes so much better once in awhile)

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Not a B&B, balthough its something my wife and I are toying with as part of an all girl weekend! I have eaten breakfast en femme at several Marriot hotels. I didn't share a table with other guests, but have interacted with other people as I went through the breakfast buffet line. It didn't seem to be a problem for anyone I met....or maybe they were just being polite.

Tina B.
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
B&B's are small places that have a lot of interactions with other guest, you might want to check with the Establishment before trying that experiment, a hotel, motel is more impersonal, and would have less reason to care.

Roberta Marie
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I've never stayed in a B&B, but my wife and I have been on 2 cruises where I dressed every day. The first cruise was a Dignity cruise, so everyone at our dinner table was either a crossdresser or a crossdresser's spouse. But the second cruise was a a regular cruise, and as far as I know, I was the only crossdresser on board. There were 3 other couples at our dinner table. One of the couples was very accepting, and we had some great conversations, not only about crossdressing, but about our kids, our jobs, about life. The second couple was OK with it, but were not nearly as social with my wife and I as the first couple. The third couple was very quiet the first 2 nights, then we never saw them again. We all assumed that they asked to be moved to another table.

Suzy Parker
06-18-2012, 06:02 PM
I saw a show a long time ago that featured a place in Toronto called " The Wild Side". I was like a bed and breakfast but catered to crossdressers. I would love to visit and stay the weekend at a place like that.

Princess Chantal
06-19-2012, 04:08 AM
B&B's are small places that have a lot of interactions with other guest, you might want to check with the Establishment before trying that experiment, a hotel, motel is more impersonal, and would have less reason to care.
The one we stayed in was from a source that was LGBT* friendly. My main concern when deciding on the B&B was whether they are accepting of a male and male relationship.
Here in Winnipeg a high percentage of B&B are LGBT* friendly and seems like many PEI are as well. I had a list of atleast 30 B&B's to choose from for my trip to the island.

Cheryl T
06-19-2012, 06:19 AM
I've been to hotels and motels, but never stayed at a B&B. Our Tri-Ess group did have a Xmas party at a B&B a few years ago...does that count?

Beth Mays
06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Wife and I have stay at B&B in past (no CD) the others always chat a lot about where are you from, what do you do, kids?..... I am sure if I were at the table dressed you would not think I was a woman.. I would be happy to chat about all the above and ansr any questions about my choice of attire that day.
people DO like to ask questions about things and really MAY accept/understand if it can be presented in a positive way by someone with a positive attude. I WANT TO BE THAT PERSON!