PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend Out En Femme

Heather Anne
06-17-2012, 05:21 PM
June 8th 2012

Thursday evening I had an email from Phoebe Cross. She had a client that wanted to go out for dinner. I replied to her email and asked her to call me ASAP which she did. I suggested Chow Baby on Ponce De Leon for dinner. Phoebe C. had never been there so that is where we decided to go. I asked Phoebe C. to check with Lisa, her client, and see if she wanted to meet our group. The answer was not yet. Friday morning came and I got ready and headed for the hotel to meet up with our Phoebe. I let Phoebe know about my plans to meet Phoebe C. at Chow Baby. I had not seen Phoebe C. since she attended our Holiday Party at the hotel in Doraville a few years ago. We had decided to meet at the restaurant about 7:30pm. I changed clothes and left the hotel about 6:15pm allowing plenty of time to get there. They were a bit late getting to the restaurant. During dinner Lisa appeared to be a bit uneasy. She looked great and we did talk quite a bit. After dinner I wanted to show Phoebe C. where Friends On Ponce was located. Afterwards we went our separate ways. I headed home. Phoebe and Lisa went to Mary’s which is a lesbian bar. I talked with Lisa and asked her to call me when she had time. Not sure if she will call me though. During dinner she really appeared to be uncomfortable. According to an email from Phoebe C. Lisa was pretty scared the whole time we were in Chow Baby. Lisa had some concerns that Phoebe C. was not aware at the time. Unfortunately I completely forgot to get pictures with Phoebe C. which I really wanted since it had been so long since I had seen her.

June 9th Saturday

I had decided not to go with the group to Piedmont Park for the Soap Box Derby. Shortly after the group let for Piedmont Park, I left the hotel. My first stop was Paris Fashions. It is an alterations shop that Phoebe had told me about. I have a really nice white and blue satin dress that the collar seam was coming apart in several places so I dropped it off for repairs. The cost of repairing the dress was $10.00 which I thought was very reasonable. I asked about getting a dress made and could I send her a photo which she said yes. After leaving Paris Fashions I headed for Batteries Plus. I had a couple of battery backups I wanted to have a new battery put it. It is cheaper to replace the battery than to buying a new battery backup. I have a few others at home. I keep them plugged in and use them for lights in the event of a power failure. Anyway, I only had one battery replaced. The other battery backup would take 2 batteries so I left the unit with them to dispose of. After leaving Batteries Plus I went to the Downwind Restaurant at PDK Airport for lunch. Before getting to the airport I drove by the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant to see if it was still in operation which it was. The 57th used to be a really good restaurant years ago. Over time it went downhill, closed and then re-opened. Shortly after it re-opened we went there but were not impressed but I think it was too soon after they re-opened and they had not yet had time to get all of the kinks worked out. I would really like to see us go back to the 57th one more time. After I arrived at the airport and while I was in the parking lot near the restaurant a WWII B-17 bomber was on the ramp in front of the building the restaurant is in. It had landed just before I got there. Catherine Arey called me to let me know she would be coming for the Saturday evening dinner so I told her I would put her name on the list when I got back to the hotel. I had a good lunch, Greek salad and some chicken tenders. I was almost done when I saw there was a waiting line to get in the restaurant. I quickly finished up and moved to the bar so the table could be made available. After lunch I went to see Juanette at First Impressions. I had a really nice wig that I liked a lot. Unfortunately after wearing it for a while I would get a bit frustrated with it, thinking “this is too much hair”! I had Juanette trim the wig a bit and once she was done I liked the look a lot better. After leaving Juanette’s I went to see Rene at Dazzl Jewelry. I wanted to look at a couple of tennis bracelets that she had when she first opened when Sigma Epsilon went there before going to dinner on a Friday night. I ended up getting 2 tennis bracelets (one black and one blue) and a really nice wrap pearl bracelet and a matching ring with a stretch band. From Dazzl Jewelry I made my way over to Ulta on Ashford-Dunwoody Road. I needed to get some eyeshadow. After leaving Ulta I decided it was time to head back to the hotel. I was a bit surprised to see all of the work going on to the bridge over I-285. I don’t know my way around Atlanta very well so I am really glad that I have a good GPS to get me around. I was a bit surprised because some of the places that I needed to get to were not in the GPS. I was able to get everywhere I needed to go though. I did enter the addresses that were not in the GPS so I have them the next time. All in all I had a good day out even though I was by myself.

Cynthia Anne
06-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a pretty busy active week! Glad you enjoyed it! Hugs!

Eryn
06-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Glad you had a good time!

On those UPS units you can use just about any gel cell batteries that are close to the A-Hr rating of the originals. Sometimes there is a generic battery that is much less expensive (even in pairs) than the "factory" battery.