PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep?

Bree-asaurus
06-17-2012, 06:40 PM
(Supposed to be lighthearted and fun...)

What do you keep from your previous, fake life? I keep everything but my wardrobe! NOBODY IS GONNA TOUCH MY TOYS!

I did have to sell my 68 Camaro, 07 GTI and 78 F-150, but I have a new (old) truck and a new life to plan for! I WILL keep my grease monkey status!

PaulaAnn
06-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Bree; I'm the opposite...I've rid myself of 98 % of my man clothes, my library is gone, most of my furniture is gone,tools and hot rods up for sale.I kept my pictures,computer, stereo and some books of sentimental value;did I mention separation and divorce ....can you say phoenix ?
Paula.

outhiking
06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm still living my old life, but I think the one thing that I'd hate to part with is my Jeep Wrangler.

Bree-asaurus
06-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Well I figured male cloths going bye-bye would go without saying :P

I really meant, what aspects of your previous 'male' life did you keep because they are part of who you are, regardless of because they are stereotypically male?

But along your lines, all my cars, my house, half of my furniture is all gone too lol...

We will be moving into my boyfriend's house as soon as we can afford it!

PaulaAnn
06-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Bree; Ah , now I see. I kept my medals and decorations from my time in the Airforce..many happy times.
Paula.

Stephanie-L
06-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, A very interesting and thought provoking question Bree. I am hoping to be able to finance my surgery via an inheritance, so I should not have to sell anything off. As to the divorce aspect, that is a whole different story. We are under water on the house, so if we sell, she gets half the debt. I have thousands of books, and would be upset if I had to part with them. The only thing that I am really going to fight for, and I expect a battle, is my Corvette. She hates it and what it means to me and I can see her trying to take it from me just to cause pain. The rest, I don't really think she cares much about. I will take my stuff, she will take hers, we will try to be fair about the rest. So, aside from getting rid of most of my male clothes, I expect to keep most of my possesions intact.....Stephanie

TerryTerri
06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
LOL. I'm literally in the midst of downsizing from a 4 bedroom house, with a two car garage and ALL the "manly" tools, jacks, hoists, nuts, bolts, screws, saws, etc. etc. that go with that old 'manly' world and moving into my next chapter that is planned to be my official transition. Most of the stuff is gladly (but forelornly) going bye bye, or already has (A considerable cache of pro-audio equipment, go-kart project, jukebox project, etc.). Anyway, I am keeping a toolbox of general tools and mostly keeping my music. I have about 500 or so albums, about 800 or so CDs and that, I just can't part with, nor do I feel I need to. My only dilemma is figuring out a way to store my CDs that doesn't look so manly. I currently have a big black metal cabinet with 6 drawers. But, it so looks like it belongs in a man cave and NOT in a lady's apartment. I'll figure it out. Oh, and I'm sitting in my newly leased 1 bedroom apartment!!! We also are moving my ex-wife with our 2 boys into a 2 bedroom apartment on the other side of the apartment complex.

Julia_in_Pa
06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I kept what I wanted and got rid of the rest.

Julia

Bree-asaurus
06-17-2012, 08:12 PM
I kept what I wanted and got rid of the rest.

Julia

LOL... well... I would sure hope so! DETAILS Julia, details ;)

arbon
06-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I really meant, what aspects of your previous 'male' life did you keep because they are part of who you are, regardless of because they are stereotypically male?

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff472/theresa317bell/192168_159629114094145_6226149_o.jpg

I lost the boat, had to sell it a couple years ago. But I still have serious desire to do it, that is by no means lost.
Its mostly a male dominated activity, but there are some women drivers, so maybe I will be able to get back into it someday.
I just worry about the guys I used to hang with on the river wanting to drown me. :straightface:

MC-lite
06-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I got rid of a lot of electronics junk when I moved. I had an engineering lab in my house. I don't really do much electronics design anymore, although I do have a friend who is fascinated with vacuum tubes. Every time He sees me, He asks me a zillion questions about electronics and computers.

Most of my books are in electronic form now, so I can carry them around on my iPad. I had literally hundreds of books in paper form, most of which were either thrown away or lost (There was a fire where some of my books were being stored. They were ruined by water damage).

I kept my keyboards and my PC. Got a MAC Mini and an iPad.

Toys come and go.

:Miki.

Raquel June
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Did you give Megatron some eyeliner and a brow pencil?

Bree-asaurus
06-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Did you give Megatron some eyeliner and a brow pencil?

He always did seem to have some kind of feminine aura shining through his evil masculine demeanor... When I was a kid I didn't know if he was male or female... I guess I still don't know! lol

Beth-Lock
06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I speak for several women in for a hardware retrofit. who have a lot of technical knosledge. of the sort mainly of interest to males.

DeeDee1974
06-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I held on to my golf clubs. I've only used them once since my transition started almost 3 years ago.

Jorja
06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I gave up everything I had. After a few years I found myself wanting an old Harley to tinker with. Then a 34 Chevy Coupe caught my eye. Then there was a 46 Chevy truck that is now my daily driver in the summer time unless I am going out then its the Chevy Coupe or one of 6 Harleys. Who says girls can't play with the big boy toys?

JackieMarie
06-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Well i basically threw everything away. i donated clothes and shoes. Quit my job at jeep, just gotta sell my tools now. sold my truck and bought a small car. Also selling my wrangler :'( . Ill just find me a man with a jeep who willl take me off on camping trips :) but i honestly dont think i kept anything except my bed and fish tank

Kaitlyn Michele
06-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I kept everything but my clothes...

i kept my horror dvd's, my huge collection of video games (and unplayable floppy disk computer games), my guitars and amps, i never looked at something and said.."that's guy stuff"...

oh yes, i also didn't keep my job!!

sandra-leigh
06-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I never had much in the way of Man Toys. Yes, I still have my AD&D books, but those have been in storage nearly completely unused in the last 20 years.

I guess I've been thinning out my computer equipment as it becomes more and more obsolete. They were professional computers, not toys, but I guess I can give up my illusions that Some Day I will have a use for that 5 megabyte hard drive...

What am I keeping? Other than keep-sakes, the cordless power-tools I bought a few years ago. Not that I use them much, but when you own a house there are always repairs to do, or weed trees to cut down.

Sophora
06-17-2012, 11:32 PM
I kept my usagi yojimbo action figures(dolls now lol), My CCG cards, a lot of my books(I will be be putting a lot of them on kindle and getting rid over time), my wolves, my child awards and a lot of my children paper stuff(I will be going through them and eliminating a lot of it...the memories are not worth it anymore.), and my video games(ps2 and snes games).

Hmm I am in the mood to do some burning soon so maybe I can get rid of some more stuff.

Traci Elizabeth
06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
I have NOTHING of my life when I was pretending to be a man. I know most here hold on to their past. I want nothing to do with it.

noeleena
06-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi,

I was not a,,,, typical ,,,,male or a ....stereotipycally...... male, had to look that word how to spell it, gee i wonder what one is, have i changed or well what from, i could not change from being a female / woman now could i , yes im very different & really the only things that were never a part of who i am as a person is as Jos said what do you need those for youll never wear them again ,, oh them yes boys clothes, gave them to the Sallys,those clothes only reminded me of what i really ...HATED....boys clothes, & what they stood for. It would have been far better had i worn my kilt in our colours ,yes im a Scot , or in a skirt, i would have been happer had i ,

As to my trade still have my tools & machinery heavy duty, steel or wood i can work it, so no way am i changeing from what i know & am all of my working life , over 47 years, being a woman does not change & liveing as one makes no difference, not this kid any ways,
For my self i was gifted with being able to work with my hands & still can, to me theres no difference part of my difference in who i am so may be you have to be a very strong woman to know that, & better still being born this way,

Building any thing in timber, sewing ,photography, & you know what just enjoying who you are,

...noeleena...

Julia_in_Pa
06-18-2012, 06:12 AM
OK!! LOL!!!

I kept around 100 handguns and some amateur radio equipment and gave away everything else including the house, land and a couple of cars to my ex so she would be alright without me.

LOL... well... I would sure hope so! DETAILS Julia, details ;)

Aprilrain
06-18-2012, 07:02 AM
I sold a GMC diesel crew cab, when my wife ask me why I was selling it I said I don't need it, she said I told you that when you bought it! Thing is I did "need" it then, just not as a means of transportation. I sold a Harley as well which she told me not to sell but I hardly ever rode it and I needed money for FFS. Other than that I gave away all my male clothing and since then a lot of female clothing that no longer fits and or looks good!

Jennifer Marie P.
06-18-2012, 07:22 AM
I got rid of all my male stuff but kept some DVDs and baseball cards.

Sharon
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Other than clothing, I don't think I got rid of anything, excepting those things I would have disposed of no matter what. I still have the same collecting interests -- old Philadelphia baseball memorabilia; miniature porcelain and pewter animal figurines; an eclectic assortment of star, moon and sun themed items; books; and music recordings. I never tried projecting a stereotypical illusion of myself before and I don't try now -- I always needed to be comfortable with the things I surrounded myself with.