PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken for a girl, maybe not much of a mistake!!

Rikidee
06-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I was riding my mountain bike on a trail today and met a group coming toward me. One of the guys told the kids to "look out for the lady on the bike". I am small for a guy, pretty much hairless and was wearing a tank top, biking shorts and a helmet. I wasn't really crossdressed. This is the third time this has happened when I was riding. One time a guy mistook me for a girl I know and I even stopped and talked with him and he called me by her name when I left. Another time I was standing beside my bike and a guy and young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?" Anyway it always makes my day. Anyone else have an experience like this while riding a bike? Hugs Riki

reb.femme
06-17-2012, 07:45 PM
I'll settle for a similar experience, with or without a bike :devil:

A nice occurrence though......and being petite helps,...plus I'm assuming an element of youth too, what with Mountain Biking!

Rebecca x

Cynthia Anne
06-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Sometimes mistakes are easy to accept! Gotta' love it! Hugs!

Beth Mays
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
..... young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?" Anyway it always makes my day....

That would really make my day as well~!!

Emma Leigh
06-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Not on a bike......but I deliver peoples shopping....the other day 2 kids came from the house and looked into the van and said "Oh its a woman" .. its happened a few times..I,ve put it down to my hair....but I tuck my hair into a cap...best was about 2 weeks ago with 2 little dots no more than 2 years old & one said "are you a mummy or a daddy"...cute

RADER
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
You are a lucky one; That would never happen to me.
Pattie is not a description for me, just the opposite.
Rader

Kathy4ever
06-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Once in walmart a little boy asked if i was a guy to his brother. i thought it was humorous. A lady yesterday was looking for her son as he was playing with my kids. She intoduced herself to my wife and me. As she walked up the steps to front porch she kinda of took a double take when she looked at me. She didn't make any faces but did seem kinda of confused as my hair was kinda in a bob style yesterdayand as usual womans tank and woman shorts.

glynnis
06-18-2012, 10:18 AM
I often get called mam even when in male clothes.I do tend to ,put my pony tail in high like a woman would do and always wear small drop earings.My wife always reckons I could pass.Havnt tried it yet.

lisagurl
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
wow that would be awesome, not since i was a kid was i mistaken for a girl.... :)

Kaz
06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I wish! It happened once when I was 18 - a long time ago! - I was in a cafe with my girlfriend with my back to the door. My hair was long and I had an Afghan coat on (showing my age!)... this guy came over and started his chat up line... sat down with us and then noticed my moustache! Apologies ensued, but I thought it was great! I passed from the back view!

Mythic
06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I have when I'm jogging. Helps I have my long hair in a pretty ponytail! Love those moments. I just wear guys clothing, but get the look I learned long ago of people thinking "Is that a girl or a guy?"

Cristi
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?"

The answer to that question is always 'Yes'.

Beverley Sims
06-18-2012, 11:21 AM
You always have to beware of young boys and girls, they have good radar.
When I was younger and my 98 pound weakling body was always mistaken for a girl.
I was blonde and had a Mia Farrow haircut.
Put a pair of capris and a jumper on and and I was part of a girl group without even trying.:)

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Well, it sounds like you have the physical attributes. Must be fun to be so petite!

Stephanie47
06-18-2012, 11:58 AM
For those blessed with a more female form than male, I envy you. I guess I passed through that form a long time ago when I was six foot one and passing through 140 pounds, 150 pounds, 175 pounds, 185 pounds, etc. You got the picture.

Richelle
06-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I often get called mam even when in male clothes.I do tend to ,put my pony tail in high like a woman would do and always wear small drop earings.My wife always reckons I could pass.Havnt tried it yet.

Like Glynnis it occasionally happens to me while in male mode, especially when my hair is long enough for a pony tail. I also tend to wear women's tank tops, have both ears priced and have nail polish on both my feet and hands. However, it does not last long as the moment they take a close look at my face the realizes their mistake.

Richelle