PDA

View Full Version : Hi, just an interesting story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shayla99
06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Which I think some of you will relate to, and enjoy!!!!!!! :)

Sooooo, I try not to spend to much $$ nowadays, as I am living alone! (with my shoes :daydreaming:, and clothes :devil: :D)
So I try to seriously purchase 90% of my wardrobe at the salvation army, knowing an old adage I swear by...........GREAT SHOES, can make almost anything sexy.....
Proof is in any halloween package, the picture on the package looks so sexy, then when your gal tries it on...its JUST NOT THE SAME>>>>>?????

It was the stripper shoes, on the label that SEXED it up!!!
So instead of stripper heels, I just use, great pumps, and platforms, to achieve that end..... since every day is halloween around here !~!!!!

So anyway, I get antsy sometimes, and garage sales are my other allowable expense..... and as a wardobe grows, its crazy how often , you find something that would be perfect with that!!!! ( or this ) LOL :)

So I look on CL today for some garage sales.... Find a couple, one mentions mostly vintage, 50s era stuff, so I think ooooohhh, maybe something cute?? RIGHT??

I jot down the address, and as I am leaving, On my "Fet Life" page, one of my friends posts some vintage wear, 50s stylepics.... OK ( I think nothing of it at the time)

I get to where I am supposed to be, and not only is there NO GARAGE sale.. the cross street, doesn't even exist, of course I KNOW there is no 23rd over south here, but you can easily forget these things.... SO I leave and on my way back, I find another sale...... And on the table I find VINTAGE STOCKINGS, with back seams, tights, fishnets, pantyhose, many still in the package..... I offered the gal 10$$ for the whole lot!!!! Which she was happy to take!!!

Thing is, this sale did not even list on CL!!!
I NEVER would have found it, if not for a fictional sale at a fictional address, promising vintage wear, similar to the pics my friend had posted!!!

I scored 9 pair of stockings including, 4 VERY Cool VINTAGE stockings...........
14 pair of tights and pantyhose, for a total of 23 pair, many UNOPENED for 10 $$!!

I want to mention this, as a way of thanking GOD, I appreciate HER.....Thank YOU

I also take it as a sign of living right, and being where you are supposed to be...

At 10$ a pair for the tights, and 6$ , at least for the stockings, it easy 250$$ , worth of legwear, for someone broke with a legwear fetish, pretty near NIRVANA!!!:eek::battingeyelashes:

Just wanted to share, again as a way of showing my grattitude!!!!

Hope you all enjoyed ...have a great week!!

More pics coming soon!!!

docrobbysherry
06-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Shayla, GREAT STORY! I love stories where someone totally scores and the selling party is happy, too!

However, I've found garage sales terribly time consuming if all I'm looking for is things for Sherry. At the thrifts, I know I'll find SOMETHING she can use! With garage sales, u drive all over and often score NOTHING!

But this time, u scored and I KNOW how cool that feels! We'll look for those back seam hose in your next pics!

RADER
06-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I had some old pantyhose Unopened in a drawer for a number of years, I just forgot all about them.
My wife and I where going to a fancy dinner a long time ago, and she found that the Hose she had
where full of runs.
I remembered that I had some old hose in a drawer, Great, this might work.
When she tried to put them on, they fell apart like saw dust, amazing.
I like the good husband, ran to the drug store and got a fresh set.
I was surprised to see that the nylon deteriorated like that.
Rader

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Great story! It don't get much better then that! Saving $$ and having fun doing so! Hugs!

terrianncd
06-18-2012, 10:28 AM
My kind of story!!! Congrats!

Shayla99
06-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I am not sure if really got across, how much it felt like I wanted it into existance.... I saw my friends pics that she posted and really wished for some vintage stockings, and some how the spirits guided me to some... really quite amazing..... to say I wish I had some vintage back seam stockings, and for them to pop up like that...its just a crazy happening!!!!

I even remember thinking that this vintage sale on CL , what if they had stockings........ and then to find some at this sale, all of four blocks away. REALLY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

kimdl93
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Congratulations on scoring big at a garage sale! Maybe you could do a reality series on cable TV - CD Garage Sale Wars....er something like that.

Shayla99
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Congratulations on scoring big at a garage sale! Maybe you could do a reality series on cable TV - CD Garage Sale Wars....er something like that.

Now that is actually hilarious!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

This is the evidence...........:eek: :heehee: :D :brolleyes:

Shayla99
06-19-2012, 05:57 PM
overwhelmed my stocking and tight area..... SO I came up with this..... Almost 100 pair of stokckings and tights!!!!! Includes , colored, textured , patterns, and printed tights.... and combinations of that.... :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:

Current count
hanger 1 ......4 red, 2 orange, 2 yellow,
hanger 2 ......5 blue 2 green
3........6 purple
4 .........7 pinks
5 ......6 browns
6 ......6 browns
7 ....6 whites and ivorys
8 ............6 greys
9 ..........5 greys
10 ...7 blacks
11.......7 blacks
12............. 7 pair stockings
13 .........9 pair stockings......LOL :eek:

AngelaKelly<3
06-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Nice haul! :o I love a pair of really colourful tights :D yellow or blue when they're done right especially x

Shayla99
06-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Nice haul! :o I love a pair of really colourful tights :D yellow or blue when they're done right especially x

Tights are so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree!