PDA

View Full Version : Told My Best Friend

Mia001
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago i was talking with my best friend and she said something during the conversation which made me think she had sussed about my crossdressing. I didn't say anything at the time and, as it turns out, it was a totally innocent comment.

Well, I thought, if she suspects something then maybe I should say. A combination of losing my nerve and not seeing an appropriate opening in a conservation meant that I didn't say anything for a couple of weeks. We were in the pub on the Sunday afternoon for a quick drink on our way into town and we got chatting and when my chance came I dropped the fact that I crossdress into the conversation real casual like :cool: NOT. I kept on with the rest of what I was saying and she let me finish. I knew she wouldn't freak out or anything as she's really open minded and really accepting of other people but I was still really worried about what she's think or how she might be with me.

Well, it turns out she was really cool with it. She said she had seen something on my PC a long while back which had made her think I might be crossdressing but, as I'd never said anything over time, she's put it to the back of her mind and eventually dismissed it. She said it's not really a big deal and if I enjoy it then why not as it's perfectly harmless.

Needless to say we had a long chat and never made it into town. She really went out of her way to make me feel comfortable talking to her about crossdressing, was really supportive and made it very easy one me.

We went into town the next day and were going through the lingerie section of a clothes shop when she turned to me and said "Well, do you see anything you like? Coz if you do just let me know and I'll take it up to the cash desk for you". I was really pleasantly surprised but, Sod's Law, I couldn't see anything remotely nice and had to say so. I could've kicked myself but I didn't want to take soemething just for the sake of it. She said she wasn't keen on any of herself but, if I did see something when we were out anytime just to say.

She also said, though, that my timing's crap and that If I'd said before Hallowe'en then we could have got dressed up and gone out. She did say we can do it next year though.

I was always of the opinion that unless people really needed to know for some reason then there was no need to tell them. I saw crossdressing as private for me and kept it to myself thinking that there was no real reason to come out to anyone about it. I'm so glad we did talk about it. I never thought she would let me down. I'm just really impressed with how supportive she has been and that she made such an effort to make sure that I was alright when I'd just have been happy if she'd said "Oh right" and never mention it again. She showed herself to be a really good friend and made me feel lucky I had someone like her to talk to.

Well, enough of my rambling for now. I just thought I'd pass on my news.

Mark.

Katrina
11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Thats great! Congrats on having such a good, open-minded friend.

Shaylynn
11-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I didn't tell my friend she discovered it by herself. she found a shopping list that I have made up listing the femme things the i wanted to buy. Lipstick, nail polish nylons etc.- she was pretty cool about. We talked about and she said she understood and hoped that we remain friends. "Don't try to avoid me" She's a very special lady.
We are very lucky gurls Marko

Julie York
11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Ah see.......If only I had a female best friend!

I'd have told her years ago.

Well...maybe.

Mia001
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks Pinchy. I appreciate it.

Mia001
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Shaylynn,

We are very lucky indeed.

Mark.

Mia001
11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Julie,

You'll have to get yourself one ... and then tell her. LOL.

Mark.

Wendy me
11-14-2005, 06:26 PM
veary cool i am sooo happy for you....

Adrianne
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Hello Marko, good for you and i am happy it turned out good.

KatieZ
11-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Marko and Shaylynn, you need to hang on to those girls. I would be trying to be more than friends if I were you.

Hugs

uknowhoo
11-15-2005, 02:03 AM
Ooh yah, I 've got a friend like that too. What a blessing!!
Tammi

Mia001
11-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate the support.

Wendy - Thanks. I'm very happy too. It's good to have her there to talk to.

Adrianne - I'm glad it worked out as well. Actually releived. LOL.

Katie - I'll definetely be hanging onto her. We've been friends for years and I know when I'm well off.

Hi Tammi - You're right. Definetely a blessing.

Mark.

RachelDenise
11-15-2005, 06:00 AM
I'm jealous! I wish I had someone to share with. Maybe I just need to pay more attention and carpe panties! (That's Latin for seize the girl moment)

Mia001
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Rachel Denise,

Don't worry. I know how lucky I am. My Latin's not up to much but I'll remember that phrase. :)

Mark.

Marla GG
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Mark,

I am so happy for you! I don't need to tell you how lucky you are to have a friend who is so open-minded and non-judgmental, and who obviously cares about you too. She probably feels flattered that you wanted to tell her. I also wouldn't be surprised if she reciprocates soon with some big revelation of her own. Women tend to view friendship in terms of trust and intimacy, which we cultivate by trading personal information. It sounds like the two of you were close friends already, but I predict you will grow even closer now that you have shared your big secret.

I was always of the opinion that unless people really needed to know for some reason then there was no need to tell them. I saw crossdressing as private for me and kept it to myself thinking that there was no real reason to come out to anyone about it.

I have thought that too, but recently I have begun to feel a desire to confide in a few of the people I feel closest to. I sometimes resent having to keep such an important part of my life hidden, and I think it would relieve some of my frustration if I could talk openly with an accepting friend from outside the community.

Thanks for the lovely post, Mark, and good luck to you.

Renecd
11-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Hello All,
After reading all these posts I wonder if one of my best friends does know and is trying to have me come out to her! I have gone with her and her sister on many halloween evenings and yes, was dressed fem with both of them last year and both of them told me I looked wonderful. They have even brought it up on many occations that I made a good woman. I guess the hints are there and I just have not been picking up on them. Anyone have a suggestion? I am open to your views! :)

Hugs,
rene

Mia001
11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi Marla,

Thanks for everything you said. Yes, I do know how lucky I am. We've been friends for a few years and are close so I hope your prediction is right.

We've been through a few things together over the years and I do trust her. I doubt I'd have tolde her otherwise.

Mark.

Mia001
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi Rene,

It does sound like your friends are at least suspicious although I thought that and it turned out to be an innocent comment.

I wouldn't just tell them out of the blue. If you are going to tell them then it's probably best to wait for an opportunity to come up in a conversation. Maybe they'll give you another chance like they did before. Just listen for it. You'll know how to judge that yourself. I know I let a couple of chances pass by either by not being quick enough or losing me nerve so don't worry if it takes you a while. Just be patient and alert.

Good luck,

Mark.

new2jersey
11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
That is so wonderful. I believe theirs a large population of gg's who accept cd's then we think there is. :D :D

Mia001
11-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Hi Marisa,

I hope you're right. I'm happy and lucky enough to say I know of at least one.

Mark.

Renecd
11-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Thank you Mark for your advise :)
I'll see what happens in the coming months. Yes, Marisa there just might be a Santa Claus also, but I'll wait and see if he gives a GG under my tree :)

hugs,
rene

Mia001
11-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Hi Rene,

Of course Santa's real. Everyone knows that. ;)

Just see how it goes with your friends. Good luck.

Mark.

Mia001
11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone for their kind comments. You've all been very supportive. I'll let you know how everything works out.

Mark.

HaleyPink2000
11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Thats so sweet. I love going out dress shopping. Your friend seems nice. I'd try that next. Going out with her someplace nice for dinner, and a shopping trip all inclusive.

Haley:)

Mia001
11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Haley,

I'll see how it goes. We do go into town quite a bit but I don't want to be pushy. She's really cool with the whole thing so I'll just take it as it comes.

It's Christmas shopping time and she was the one who mentioned it before so it really doesn't phase her so who knows?

Mark.