PDA

View Full Version : Possible leap of faith.

Kimberlyfaye
06-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Ladies, I am undecided as to whether to go out for the first time in broad daylight.

Soon I am heading away and I wondered if you all thought I should give Mikayla time out? Nobody should know me as it's another town. I want to but I'm afraid. This is in daylight. I have only ever been out in the evening and at night.

Hugs x

Kate Simmons
06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I have only one thing to say Hon. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a "broad" in daylight.;):)

Sandra1746
06-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Going out in daylight to malls or grocery stores and restaurants is fun and it is safer as well. In my limited experience you will be fine. Most people either don't care too much or they are so self-absorbed they just don't notice.

Enjoy going out,
Sandra1746

Stephanie47
06-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm glad you cleared up some confusion of your previous thread. Based on your avatar I think you would do fine in another town where you are not known. You mentioned in the picture taken in the club incident that you were there with your girlfriend. I would encourage you to take her along to raise your comfort level. Your girlfriend can do the ordering of food at a restaurant. Just dress to blend in with the locals. If you haven't perfected makeup (I certainly haven't) have your girlfriend assist.

Barbara Ella
06-18-2012, 07:28 PM
It is so much more stressful thinking about it than doing it. I have just gone out 4 times, all in daylight, and did not have any problem, even trying on and purchasing a dress. Looking at your avatar, you will do just fine.

Barbara

BobbieBrooks
06-18-2012, 07:37 PM
You could always wait for an eclipse to go out in the daytime!

BobbieB

Eryn
06-18-2012, 07:50 PM
The hardest thing about going out for the first time is getting out the door. Once you do that, you're committed and you might as well enjoy yourself!

The second time it's a little easier. The third time easier still.

After a few times you don't even worry about going through the door, because you know how much fun it is to be out in public expressing yourself as you wish to do so!

Don't make any apologies for yourself. You are whatever you define yourself to be and if someone else thinks differently that is their problem, not yours. Keep your head up and enjoy yourself!

BTW, I really think that a mall is an ideal place for a first trip out. Plenty of people there, most are preoccupied with their own shopping, and you can interact or not interact with others to whatever degree you wish.

Have fun!

Eryn

docrobbysherry
06-18-2012, 09:57 PM
It is so much more stressful thinking about it than doing it. I have just gone out 4 times, all in daylight, and did not have any problem, even trying on and purchasing a dress. Looking at your avatar, you will do just fine.
Barbara
It all depends on u, Mikayla! There's only ONE "first time" for everyone. Like Barbara says, it DOES become easier. However, in my case it ALWAYS has been and ALWAYS will be stressful!

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2012, 10:43 PM
No reason to wait another minute! I prefer day over night! I find daytime much more friendly then night! Hugs!

Badtranny
06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I've been terrified twice in my life.

-the first time I went out cross dressed
-the first day I went to work as Melissa

Roughly three years apart and I was so nervous I could barely see straight. I lived through it, and I'm glad I didn't let the fear own me.

Shannon C.
06-19-2012, 05:17 AM
I've only been out a few times and it can be nerve wracking to say the least, but as everyone has said it gets easier with time. The only advice I can give which helps me get the nerve to step out and close that door is to own who you are, be who you want to be, and do things that make you happy. I hope that you find the strength and courage that you need to take that next step because I know its never easy.

Noel Chimes
06-19-2012, 05:28 AM
As far as a leap, can you say "GERONIMO". I'm in the same boat as you. I've been planning a vacation now for months and it will be an all fem week; from a makeover to whatever happens. AM I neverous? YES! But I am also excited at the thought of an adventure of a lifetime. So go for it girl and have the time of your life. Oh and take lots of pics. We want to see just how much fun you are having.

Cheryl T
06-19-2012, 06:15 AM
As your former Prime Minister said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself".
Go out and be a part of the world...you will enjoy it.

Kimberlyfaye
06-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Girls, I'm going to do it!
Stephanie, I'll be with a GG friend. Hopefully she can advise me on if I am acting fem enough lols. And yes I will take pictures. When I get in fem mode I'm such a poser!

Tina B.
06-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Well if your going to do it, have fun and make the most of it!
Tina B.

Beverley Sims
06-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Go to a shopping mall in daylight in another village and I am sure you will not be noticed.

kimdl93
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Any daylight venue would be fine. Why don't you and your friend shop at some of your favorite stores and have lunch together at a restaurant of her choice - she deserves it.

Brittany CD
06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Sound like you're going to have some fun, Mikayla! It's always great to have a girl to go with you. They always make it a better experience

xdressed
06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
I wish I had your confidence, let us know how it goes ^_^

AngelaKelly<3
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Judging by that picture you should have no problems passing! ;) good luck if you decide to do it! let us all know how it goes :D

EjayeCD
06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
You look great, just go for it.

Ms Mira
06-19-2012, 08:17 PM
If you don't think you'll be in physical danger, then push yourself. Go for it!

Rebecca W.
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I wish you the best of luck on your daylight adventure. Going out will help you forget the situation that occured at work. You are pretty and why not show it off to everyone in the real light of the day!:o
Please, keep us posted on how your day went.

Take care and be happy!

Lyndaloves
06-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Going with your avatar
I think you have nothing to worry about.
Scout the area you will go in your drab form and then dress as the women you saw around there

Lynda

Kimberlyfaye
06-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Well I only took one picture, actually my GG friend took it. But here it is. It was her suggestion to use my other wig as I asked her opinion on which to use.
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463/mikaylafaye/IMG183.jpg

I had a good time. A few people looked but none really stared. I even bought a snack and there was nothing said by the assistant at the kiosk.

Also I got busted! I was pulled over by two policewomen on the journey back. They thought my car was being driven by a woman, and because it's registered to a male they had to check!
So I guess.I passed well enough.

RenneB
06-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Well girl, the pic looks great and hope you had a great time being a 'daywalker'. In the US you can only get pulled over if you have something wrong with the vehicle, plates or drove in some weird way. Not sure 'bout the UK reasons for a primary stop. I've been daywalking for some time now and as the other girls have said, the first step is the hardest.... You've made the leap and need only to continue...

Great outfit to be a blender also... although I would have added some color to the nails and thrown on a bangle or two... great overall look...

Renne.....

Kimberlyfaye
06-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Lols thanks Renne. I didn't have as much time to get ready as I would have liked otherwise I would have done my nails. I've decided I want to go out again. May have to go alone this time. But I want to go out. I was nervous last time but it felt great to be out.

Claire Cook
06-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Lols thanks Renne. I didn't have as much time to get ready as I would have liked otherwise I would have done my nails. I've decided I want to go out again. May have to go alone this time. But I want to go out. I was nervous last time but it felt great to be out.

Mikayla, you've started something! If you're like me (and others) the nerves will never completely go away -- but it's a high to look forward to. Sounds like you did great, and it will get better. Yes, as Kate said, it's great to be a broad in daylight. (Well, I do feel like less of a vampiress....)

daviolin
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Congrats girl, you did it. Now wasen't that fun? Daviolin