PDA

View Full Version : The Frequent Flier

Paula_56
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
The Frequent Flier
I’ve been up since 4:00AM, an early flight, I tell everyone it’s so I can get there in time to prepare for my meetings the next day. If they knew the truth they would be surprised, or perhaps shocked would be a better word. The airport has energy, a vibe, a current of movement and change. People are in a state of flux, business deals, money made and lost, love found, divorces, farewells, reunions, new babies and trips home for a funeral, a river of life. I watch them, businessmen and women, grandparents on a visit, tourists, college students, and the visitor whose brief return is over. But I mostly focus on the women, in them I see myself. You see that’s my secret. How I envy them and long to be a member of their sorority. The anticipation in me grows, soon I think I’ll join them, I will shed this facade of masculinity that I have been forced to wear. I’ll leave this city, this life, and role behind. I sigh and close my eyes trying to sleep as the plane lifts off. It will be a busy day, I’ll need my rest.

The baggage claim, the rental car bus, the ride to the hotel, it’s a different city, but the same routine. I smile and exchange pleasantries with the hotel clerk. “Welcome” she chimes, “Are you in town for business or pleasure?” she asks. I hesitate slightly before responding, “Actually both, I have a meeting tomorrow but today I’m meeting one of my sisters for and lunch and shopping.” I laugh to myself, If she only knew what I meant by “sister”.
The hotel, is quiet and empty, everyone is out and about. As I ride the elevator up my enthusiasm and expectation grows. I push the huge suitcase down the hall the wheels sticking on the carpet. Finally we arrive at the door I insert the card it, clicks and we are in. I toss the suitcase up onto the bed. It opens, and out from underneath the slacks and BVD’s I pull a black bag, I lay it across the bed and unzip it.

It’s good to see them again, my purse, and the pink makeup case, a pair of pumps, several skirts, tops, bras, panties, pantyhose and jewelry. A sales receipt spills out from my last trip. It’s from Nordstrom’s. Oh yes, I remember now it’s from the MAC counter. I had bought new foundation, the sales associate her name was Lisa, was so friendly and helpful. “Thank you Lisa” I say to myself. I read the date it was over a month ago. That’s too long much too long.

I let the warm water of the shower melt away any uncertainty. That part of me from that now distant city protests “Why are you doing this? You’re foolish! You’re a man, a husband, a father!” But I don’t listen to that voice anymore, I know better now. The feminine scent of the shaving cream and the unveiled smoothness of my legs calm me. I feel her take hold inside me.

I dry myself off, then spray on some perfume, I breath the aroma in, the scent is satisfying, almost like a drug, I feel it trigger certain parts of my brain, as if they were dormant but now are called to life they burst forward igniting senses and desires no longer forced hidden. I become a little hurried now, as I put on my foundation garments, a female silhouette takes shape in the mirror, the padding and forms do their job. I feel a slight disappointment that I need them at all. My eyes go to juncture of my thighs, the curvature of my lower abdomen, it looks so female. Maybe I think someday… it will be.

I sit down and start my makeup. I‘ve become practiced better than most women, the foundations goes on with a MAC brush. Oh yes I think, I have all the tools. Then I apply powder. I brush it off softly creating an even matte finish, next I contour, then I highlight. Slowly I trace the brows their arch brings another hint of femininity to my face. This time they came out perfect, I’m pleased. The eyes are important I take my time getting them just right, the shadow, the liner and finally the mascara. The lips are next I trace a cupid’s bow with the lip liner bringing my upper lip closer to my nose, an important feminine feature. I finish with two shades of lipstick, my lips take on a fullness and depth. Some blush, and then a touch up and I’m done.

Not bad, I think, but there’s still more. I clip on my earrings, a gold bracelet, a watch, a diamond engagement ring, and on the other hand a birth stone. Today I’ll be wearing a skirt with a red jacket. I step into the skirt, pull it up and then zip it. It fits nicely I smooth it running my hands over the curves on my hips. Then I slip a dark blouse over my head I pull the buttons close over my bust, yes my “bust” I muse, I like the way they look. Next I put on my jacket.

Finally the icing must go on the cake, I lightly place the wig on my head, “boys have short hair girls have long hair” I mouth these words softly. I step toward the mirror there she is “Paula”, a huge smile flashes across my face, a giddiness takes over, a sense of relief. I primp in the mirror then pack my purse, credit cards, license, cash, and room key. I primp in the mirror again. My nails! I forgot my nails, it takes a few minutes but they’re pretty, a press on French Manicure just the right feminine detail.

I check my purse again. I’m nervous, there’s a bit of trepidation as I stand in front of the door. Faintly I hear his voice pulling me back. “NO!” I shout. I look in the mirror, she smiles at me. You can do this. I’m out the door, there is a sense of wonder I’m doing it. I ride down in the elevator, the doors open and I’m in the lobby, I walk over and grab a bottle of water from the market. I ask the clerk softly, “Can you put this on room 314?” “Sure” she smiles, “Anything else Ma’am?” Ma’am I say to myself, yes she said Ma’am my heart sores.

I’m out the door and the cadence of heels on the pavement announces a woman is here. I’ve escape, if only for the day but I’m free and I’m flying![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Billie_M
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
The planning, the detail. Sounds like a wonderfull time. What a dream come true for some of us. I rarely travel anymore, and those opportunities are mostly gone for me. :daydreaming:

Do continue the story, tell us about lunch and shopping. :battingeyelashes:

JeanneF
06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
My business travel is rare these days as well, and I certainly miss that aspect of the trip. Nothing like going out en femme in town where no one knows the boy you, let alone the girl you.

Farrah
06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow!! You made me feel like I was there with you....Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Miriam-J
06-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Wonderful detail, Paula. Thank you.

Got me thinking now ... one week business trip to Maryland coming on Monday ... maybe ... Might have to discuss that one with my wife to see what she thinks. Might be fun.

Miriam

Marcia Blue
06-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Paula, what a lovely, well written story. I have felt the same as you, have written, a time or two.

StaceyJane
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
What an adventure. You look great.

Connie D50
06-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Paula I have been here for many many years that was the nices stories I have read Thank you and you look great Connie

Michelle PJ
06-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi Paula, I truly enjoyed your "story" and could imagine I would have very similar thoughts and feelings. However, this poor girl has yet to venture out. Must be awesome. But I'm too busy...the wife wouldn't approve...I don't have confidence in my makeup or wig skill...etc...etc...

Michelle

cdtraveler
06-19-2012, 07:28 AM
I too enjoyed the story and you do look quite lovely. I too travel and know the feeling you described. While I haven't ventured out have dressed while on the road, eing able to dress and spend time as "AMANDA" does take some of the sting out of not being with my spouse and children.

CDTraveler

Mollyanne
06-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi Paula, I read and re-read this narrative of yours 4 or 5 times and with each completed reading I yearned to be you!!!!!! I have wanted more than anything to live my dream, to become a woman PERMANENTLY and just go about my daily life without recrimination. Actually you have inspired me to partially fulfill this dream. The look on your pretty face, the serenity of the moment that you show is proof enough of your inner most happiness. My kudos and wishes for your continued happiness is heartfelt.

Molly

ronda
06-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi Paula sounds like a lot of fun reading you post makes you want to be there with you getting dressed putting on the makeup looking in the mirror watch the transformation take place Hugs Ronda

Beverley Sims
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I await the next mini novel you write. Well done!

RADER
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Paula;
You look great, and I loved your story.
My wish is that I could do what you do, even if only once.
But I am retired, and have no corporation to send me anyplace.
Rader

Stephanie47
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
A beautifully written and inspiring adventure. You look absolutely radiant and feminine in your picture. You are a beautiful woman!

kimdl93
06-19-2012, 03:37 PM
I loved your description of the process of transforming yourself from a drab man to a lovely woman. And what a special treat to see the actual results documented in the attached picture. I hope you've had a wonderful day of freedom!

RenneB
06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Ahh, you're a great story teller girl. Every item down to the last detail... In my case, when traveling, it's a little carryon for the guy stuff and a giant suitcase for 'her'. I tell you though, I must check 10 times where I put that hotel key card before I head on out the door. Then with everything in place, I put my ear to the door to try to hear anyone in the hall. Then I crack the door a little and check again. Coast's clear, now to the stair case. No one ever uses the stairs in the hotel and then out to the car.... made it. Now off to the mall....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Paula_56
06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Ahh, you're a great story teller girl. Every item down to the last detail... In my case, when traveling, it's a little carryon for the guy stuff and a giant suitcase for 'her'. I tell you though, I must check 10 times where I put that hotel key card before I head on out the door. Then with everything in place, I put my ear to the door to try to hear anyone in the hall. Then I crack the door a little and check again. Coast's clear, now to the stair case. No one ever uses the stairs in the hotel and then out to the car.... made it. Now off to the mall....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Rene The stairs are no place for a lady, use the elevator, I've never had an issue. Go girl --paula