PDA

View Full Version : What do you do that makes people say, "you're a woman"

ValRom
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I've seen any number of posts on these forums where a member has been upset when the world didn't perceive that person as a woman.

What is it that you do or say that leaves people with the indelible impression they are with a woman?

Traci Elizabeth
06-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Do you have a couple of hours?

Aprilrain
06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I just be my self, well that and I had FFS

Xrys
06-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I have been told for years that I stand like a girl/woman. I used to be so self concious about it before I accepted myself. Now, it is just part of who I am.

Julia_in_Pa
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
A woman is something I biologically am and a man is something biologically I am.
I've been transitioned over five years.
I am a woman in presentation, demeanor and action.
A woman is simply what I am.
I would not be mistaked for anything other than such.

Julia

Lorileah
06-19-2012, 03:09 PM
I've seen any number of posts on these forums where a member has been upset when the world didn't perceive that person as a woman.

What is it that you do or say that leaves people with the indelible impression they are with a woman?

Short of having a vagina and showing it to them I don't know how one would do that. Women come in all shapes and sizes and builds and looks. They can do any job a male does.

I get the question but why would you need to prove what you are. You are who you are

kimdl93
06-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I kinda struggled with this thread. I go out regularly dressed and certainly try to present myself as a woman, but I doubt that I leave an indelible impression that I am female. Given my height, there may be other stronger impressions...but it really doesn't matter to me as long as I'm treated with courtesy.

Nigella
06-19-2012, 03:33 PM
I do nothing now that I have not done in the past. How people perceive me is up to them, does it bother me, not in the slightest, why worry about things you cannot change or have no control over. Other peoples perceptions are just that, theirs.

Sophora
06-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I am just myself. I try to present myself with confidence.

jennifer24
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I catch myself with my hands on my hips sometimes sitting with my legs closed, just natural to me though but some might think other wise.

Kathryn Martin
06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
At first I wanted to say "oh honey"...

Unlearn what you have practiced while presenting male and your real gender will do the rest.

Jorja
06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I just show up and enter the room. There is no question when I leave that they have been in a woman's presences. ;)

KellyJameson
06-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Excellant answer Kathryn

It is unlearning what was not natural that was forced and adopted to uncover what than becomes natural and effortless because it comes from personal truths not social fictions.

The greatest virtue is to be true to yourself by throwing away the pretense we adopt to be safe from others at our own expense.

"When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always"

Persephone
06-19-2012, 10:00 PM
There are all of the elements of size, features, dress, walk, and so on and on and on, but I believe that most of it is who you decide you are. If you see yourself as a "man in a dress," then I don't care what you fix, style, or flounce, you will be a man in a dress.

Most GG women have an unshakable concept of themselves as women. Why should you have anything less?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Bree-asaurus
06-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Because I walk up and say I HAVE A VAGINA! :D

lol... sorry... but that's a question where each individual response requires a novel.

thechic
06-20-2012, 05:41 AM
I just try to be my self (A WOMAN) and most people except that.

Leanne2
06-20-2012, 05:43 AM
To me, being a woman means not letting my birth defect show. Now I don't often walk around naked from the waist down. I know that I am a woman that sometimes pretends to be a man. You know the " Guy" rules. Well, I break them every day. I have my natural hair cut in a wedge. I can't ever take that wig off. My body hair is mostly gone. No hairy arms, legs. No sideburns or facial hair of any kind. Thanks to some HRT and old age I have B cup breasts. So I wear a bra most of the time; and panties; and women's jeans; etc. Instead of a bill fold, I carry a women's zippered wallet, every day. I feel like an imposter when society forces me into male mode. I look out of female eyes when ever they are open. That is how I present every day. And some days I get dolled up. As I get older I care less and less about what people think about me. People often mistake me for a woman. Imagine that!

Kaitlyn Michele
06-20-2012, 06:56 AM
the funny thing for me is that it never occurs to me..

the whole idea of thinking to myself "i am a woman" doesn't really mean anything to me... i can't say i ever think about it except when its brought up by someone else.

to me, the gender dysphoria is gone because i am authentic or as many say congruent with my gender...getting rid of the gender dysphoria saved me

Stephenie S
06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I get up, make breakfast, do my exercises, shower, get dressed, go to work, come home, do my laundry, clean my house, pay my bills, spend some time on the internet, and go to bed.

S

Jorja
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I get up, make breakfast, do my exercises, shower, get dressed, go to work, come home, do my laundry, clean my house, pay my bills, spend some time on the internet, and go to bed.

S

Dang! You need to slow it down there Stephenie. Your going to have a heart attack! :D

arbon
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't think very many people who know me preceive me as a woman.

Some one in between, a tranny, a guy wanting to be a woman, a very feminine gay guy that wears women's cloths - that is how I think most people see me. Where I am right now in my life, today, I don't feel there is much I can do to change that.

What I need to do to change that - trachea shave, get my voice better, and move some place where everyone did not already know me as a man.

noeleena
06-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi,

By being a intersexed woman who has some maleness about her self.

Being accepted as a woman in women only groups & world wide.

Its not by looks or lack of its just in my being .

Some details that help, my manerisims how i think or hard wired as a female . body shape in line with other women allowing others in to my life, im counted as a menopusale woman , female at birth, on all documents .

Yet the best one is, Being accepted for who i am as a person first , & then as a normal woman who is one.

Really its not what i have done or could say because none of that would change anything i did not change from male to female or female to male for some of us its not in changeing its in the being of who we are,or another way being born both male / female.that cant change,

...noeleena...

joan47
06-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I think people think I am an efeminine guy with my long arylic nails, thin arched eyebrows, eyebrows, pink girls ball cap,light makeup and girls jeans or shorts.