PDA

View Full Version : A Transgender 21st Birthday

Courtney_Glenn
06-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Monday, June 18th, I turned 21. The day started out okay, Got a card form my mom in law, had some cash in it, so my wife and I went up to the FYE to pick up the Rock of Ages soundtrack. Right before we left, we got a phone call from her aunt....who three weeks before...sent a hate letter to our home, demanding we get a divorce because be being transgender is "morally wrong and disgusting" She called, not to apologize, but tell my wife there are "real men" out there and she doesn't have to settle. It was a very heated conversation, the aunt says, "I don't approve but I guess if you're happy and you can tolerate it, I support you"

This B word clearly doesn't know my wife or me well at all and doesn't know that we genuinely love each other unconditionally.

needless to say, That screwed my day up. Awesome way to remember my 21st birthday.

Tonight, I got all girled up and headed out to a local LGBT bar....only to find out they are closed. :( just the icing on my cake.

One positive...my mom made me and my wife the best grilled chicken in the world :)

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your spoiled birthday! At least your mom tried to give you a bright spot! So I will do my best saying happy belated birthday! Wishing the best for you and yours! Hugs!

Persephone
06-20-2012, 02:02 AM
So sorry to hear about the dumps on your day, Courtney! Just remember, "ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM," wshich roughly translates as "Don't let the *******s grind you down."

Love your wife, follow your own star, and smile at the Aunt.

Happy birthday, Girl!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
06-20-2012, 03:21 AM
I wish you all the best, and best of luck for your journey.
Those that criticize are not worth worrying about.
Just let the hate fade away.

mbmeen12
06-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Happy birthday Courtney. My SO has dysfunctional parents too, and now her and I keep them at arms length. Set boundaries and be firm not rude to all relatives who don't respect your life. DO NOT except any phone calls from anyone who don't respect your right to be in life. People whom are miserable tend to project there negative energy. Tell the Aunt no more phone calls to your house, and then maybe she might get it, that you and your wife are partners in life and life matters most.

BobbieBrooks
06-20-2012, 05:41 AM
I think that is why they make ant poison? Might have spelled ant wrong!! As long as you both are happy, that is all that matters. Happy belated bithday!!!

BobbieB

Tina B.
06-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Her Aunt didn't really spoil your special day, although it may sound like she did, after all it gave your wife a chance to show her support and love, by putting the aunt straight! Give that woman a big wet sloop kiss, she earned it. Sorry about the club being closed, now that could spoil the evening. When you come out to the world, you get to hear from the whole world just what you they think, no matter how rude, there is always those that just have to share their thoughts, and they don't care if you don't care.

kimdl93
06-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Well I guess you can scratch on name off your Christmas card list!