PDA

View Full Version : Busted Watching "What Not to Wear"

outhiking
06-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Actually I was channel surfing on my way to a classic car program and stumbled on the "What Not to Wear" program and stopped surfing. I guess she was just curious what I was watching and know's some of my CD history, but I was a bit embarrassed. They were showing how to pick out a nice summer dress, but I didn't get to see the end :)

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
No need to be embarrassed! We all need to know what not to wear!:heehee: Hugs!

Eryn
06-20-2012, 12:14 AM
My daughter once watched an episode of Top Gear. Should she be embarrassed? :)

When I'm at the salon waiting for my drab haircut I read the fashion and gossip magazines. Should I be embarrassed? The only alternative was a moth-eaten copy of Field and Stream dating back to the Clinton Administration.

ColleenA
06-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Sorry, outhiking, but you left out one big detail. Who is "she"? Wife? GF? Daughter?

Stephanie47
06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
I love watching the Today Show everyday so I can check out the pretty dresses the women and wearing. I also love the segments on women's fashions. I also read all the women's magazines my wife subscribes to.

Beverley Sims
06-20-2012, 03:27 AM
You may have felt busted, but most people are not aware of your reasons for watching it.
You can always feign curiosity.:)

Rebecca W.
06-20-2012, 04:50 AM
My daughter once watched an episode of Top Gear. Should she be embarrassed? :)

When I'm at the salon waiting for my drab haircut I read the fashion and gossip magazines. Should I be embarrassed? The only alternative was a moth-eaten copy of Field and Stream dating back to the Clinton Administration.

Eryn,
So true about the magazines at the salon. I usually find a car magazine that is several years old and worn out.I have complained to them about the lack of "guy" magazines but they have not listened to me. I also read all of the fashion magazines and that is fun.:o

Good luck, Outhiking on the continued dressing, one little step at a time is better than never having any chance to do it. Keep us posted on how it progresses with your wife.

Rebecca

Cheryl T
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
I wish they would do a CD version of that show but I hear that Stacy is totally against anything like that.
I would sign up in an instant.

kimdl93
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Gosh I watch that all the time with my wife.

Stephenie S
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
You're embarrassed by watching "What Not to Wear"?

You have a LONG way to go, dear.

darla_g
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I truly dislike that show. Sure some of the people look frumpy, but i had how Stacey in particular try and remake the person in their own image.

on the other hand the hair person has always been good and Carmindy is fantastic for makeup. Yes I've seen the show, but i can't say i really like it at all.

Stephenie S
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
I wish they would do a CD version of that show but I hear that Stacy is totally against anything like that.
I would sign up in an instant.

I have heard the same thing. I did, however, watch an episode where the "victim" was a competitive swimmer and she had the same problems that it seems many crossdressers have: huge shoulders and arms, large chest, small hips, and muscular legs.

S

VeronicaMoonlit
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
but i had how Stacey in particular try and remake the person in their own image.

That's not necessarily a bad thing....I love Stacy's style, though she should tone the pressure back a tad.

on the other hand the hair person has always been good

Yep.

and Carmindy is fantastic for makeup.

Bah! Carmindy likes the beachy bronzy california girl look too much! She also commits what I consider a Cardinal Sin of Makeup: She uses great Lash Mascara, which is the suckiest mascara of all time. I loooooaaathe those pink and green tubes and wish it would be discontinued. Maybelline makes many more mascaras that are far far better than than...shudder....great lash.

Veronica

Suzy Parker
06-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I get busted all the time watching what not to wear and say yes to the dress as well. I just say I was channel surfing and change the channel.

Karren H
06-20-2012, 09:19 AM
my wife and I watch that together all the time . lol . I get busted watching "the history of the bra" or "my small breasts and I"

anonymousinmaryland
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Have spent a few hours watching WNTW. They are good with people. And what SOME people CHOOSE to wear! Oh well. Good show.

Farrah
06-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Gosh I watch that all the time with my wife.

Me too! Of course, my wife doesn't know why I like to watch with her...;)

Cheryl T
06-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I have heard the same thing. I did, however, watch an episode where the "victim" was a competitive swimmer and she had the same problems that it seems many crossdressers have: huge shoulders and arms, large chest, small hips, and muscular legs.
S

I saw that show and took notes...Lol....
Still I'd love to have that $5k Visa and 2 days of shopping in NYC.

outhiking
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks ladies. It was my wife who came through while I was lingering. I think she was just curious and knows I watch a lot of strange stuff. I actually watched the history of the toilet once. That chased everyone out of the room :-)

brenne
06-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I read in "The Lazy Crossdresser" (Charles Anders), when reading the fashion mags, do the top 10 things it tells GGs not to do ... so I wouldn't worry about "what not to wear". My 5 cents - BrendaB

DebbieL
06-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I frequently watch it with my wife, who frequently tells me to "PAY ATTENTION", especially when the victim is someone who dresses in skirts that are too short or shorts that are too short. I have very nice legs, but Lee thinks that I shouldn't show so much of them. Sometimes I'll "Tame Down" with a jacket. I generally don't try to show cleavage. I've had too many incidents where the tape came loose or the forms exposed the tape, so I generally avoid the lower cut fronts or wear them with camisoles.

Still, there are many good ideas on the show, and many classic styles that actually work very well for me, and make it much easier for Debbie to go out without getting clocked.

Your wife probably suspects a lot more than you really want her to. This might be a good time to let her know what's really going on. I've written several posts on good ways to have this discussion with a wife or SO. Too often, if you don't get the whole story out, and let her know exactly what's going on, she will suspect the worst. This may include thinking you are having an affair with another woman, are gay and having an affair with another man, or that you want a sex change ASAP.

When you do let her know, let her know that you want to make it work for her. Find out what she wants most from you, even before you tell her, and be willing to give it to her. That might include doing some "women's work", like cleaning the house, taking out the garbage, or being more gentle and seductive in the bedroom.

It's quite likely that your wife has suspected for years, but hasn't quite figured out how far it has gone, and many of her assumptions might be very wrong. She may even be relieved when she learns that you are ONLY a cross-dresser.

Given that she didn't make smart remarks or put you down for watching "What Not to Wear" would be a be a good indication that she might be supportive.

One of the things that my wife and previous girlfriends liked is that when I was looking at a girl in a pretty dress - they knew I was only looking at the DRESS, not contemplating sex with the girl wearing it.

ME2.0
06-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I love Carmindy too. Watching her is almost like doing homework, except it's a hell of a lot more fun running to the bathroom after the show is over to try what you just saw. The show is also good for the basics of how to use structure to hide or emphasize certain parts of your body. And the proper use of accessories.

But, Umm, yeah, I watch too...LOL

Staci

Mythic
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
lol me an my sis would watch that since back when I was really young. We just watched it to see how bad the persons fashion was at the time.

Sally24
06-21-2012, 03:52 AM
My wife daughter and I watch that and "Say Yes To The Dress" quite a bit. I think both shows are pretty well done and fun.

erickka
06-21-2012, 05:25 AM
I just so happen to like Clinton and Stacy! I have seen them take a really nice looking GG with horrible wardrobe sense and turn her around into a real stunning beauty. My wife and I watch it together on occasion.

STACY B
06-21-2012, 05:25 AM
I would sign up in an instant. Thats what ive alwayz waited for ,,But its to hard they cant handle it ,,lol,, But I watch every episode an DVR it ,, What cha gotta do is do what ever they do in reverse ,,, Cuz they try an make the girls look taller ,,So we want to be shorter ,, They make wide shoulders an we want narrow ones ,, They cut the hair to show the face an we want to cover it ,,So do it all backwards ,,lol,, You can find a chic on every street corner an wally world that can use a makeover ,, They should grab one of us an make our dreams come true ,,Bet they would have there work cut out for um with this ol FAT GIRL ,,,, So bring it onnnnnnnnn ,,, Bet you would be out then ,,,lol,, An looking good to ,, But my favorite show dont come on anymore ,,Was the one where they fixed everything teeth an did some surgery an did the whole thing in 30 min show ,,Was the one where they guessed your age in the glass box ,,Called 10 years younger ,,, :D Now thats a makeover show !!!

Marsha My Dear
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh yes, my wife and I watch WNTW together even though she doesn't like being around Marsha. I can tell her what I like and she will keep an an eye out the next time we shop together. She knows when she asks 'How do I look in this' she will get a reliable opinion.

Paula T
07-04-2012, 11:57 PM
.But my favorite show dont come on anymore ,,Was the one where they fixed everything teeth an did some surgery an did the whole thing in 30 min show

That show was called "extrem makeover" I believe and I loved it too. Some people disliked the show for various reasons but the joy in most of the ladies faces and eyes and how happy they seemed I thought was worth it. I'm sure it changed a lot of the gals lives.:)