PDA

View Full Version : Talked to mom...

skylance
06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Just got done talking to my mom, and the subject of CD'ing came up. Last time I tried to talk with her about it about a year and a half ago, she was very much of the mindset "Don't ask, Don't Tell". Today i was chatting with her on Facebook and when the subject came up, she didn't freak out. She explained to me that while it still "weirds her out a bit" she also understands that this is who I am and what I enjoy doing. She is also open to talking about it, however, she is also reserving the right to end the conversation if it starts getting "too weird" for her.

I can understand these feelings and I'm definately taking this as a victory. I'm not going to try dressing around her, unless she asks...small steps...

Anywho, I'm hoping things will start getting a bit better now, so, here's hoping :drink::drink::drink:

Sky

Lisa Gerrie
06-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Good for you, Sky!

-- Anne

kimdl93
06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
That's really great, Sky. Now the subject is out in the open and since, afterall, you're talking to your mom, I'm sure you'll know how to avoid letting the conversations grow too weird for her. Perhaps the best thing to do is simply offer to answer her questions as they arise.

Tina B.
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Just stop talking when asked, but keep talking over all, in time she will be OK, after all no matter what she is still MOM! Well played Sky!
Tina B.

Krististeph
06-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Awesome, Sky! Good for you!
Sound like you are both be quite honest and still respecting each others feelings. I'm sure it's tough for moms, but perhaps it is a little easier for the younger mothers these days, to know that CD/TS and other sexual variants are pretty much hard wired- not something they did.

Still, it takes effort to try and understand something that is just totally different from you.

Cynthia Anne
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
That's great! Let her move at her comfort leval and it should be a smooth ride! Good luck! Hugs!