PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to all you "diehards"

Michelle 51
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Well I never thought it would come to this but there comes a day.I always wear a skirt etc when I go out.Thats how I feel.It's natural but I'm 61 and am trying to blend in more. I'm meeting a good friend and her wife and we're going out for breakfast tomorrow and I hate to admit this but am wearing a summer blazer with a matching top,capris and 2"heels.Lately I find some women look pretty sharp in capris and you'll never catch me out in them in the evening(skirts or dress only)
I'm going to try them during the day.

Cynthia Anne
06-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Way to go Michelle! Live it to the fullest! And enjoy it 'til it overflows! Hugs!

Cheryl T
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
What next? Jeans? OMG heresy....LOL.
Wear what you like and are comfy in...that's what I do and I don't care what anyone thinks I should wear.

kimdl93
06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree, women can look great in capris. And if one hopes to blend, it makes sense to dress the way other women do in the same circumstances. You'll look great and fit right in with your friends. Have a great time!

EllieOPKS
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
If you were in my part of the world you'd lose the blazer too! Have fun and be comfy.

ronda
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
i like my jeans an capris day or eve just comfy but i also love my dresses for nite time much more fem have fun with the caris at breakfast Hugs Ronda

Krististeph
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
The more you blend in, the less likely to gather unwanted attention. While fashion is not supposed to be a uniform, it does tend to categorize you into certain groups when people observe you. More like- oh hey, that's actually a guy in with those girls, to something overdone and attention calling.

I'm jealous of your courage!

Here's one of my favorite outfits- not casual or sportswear, but more career / professional.

Victoria StJohn
06-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Michelle, I think the right capris will look fantastic, with your 2" heels. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your friends and please keep us inform how the outing goes. Cheers, VSJ.

Karren H
06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
You don't have to apologize to us.... for being weak.... and succumbing to society pressure to conform!!! lmao....

Cynthia Anne
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
You don't have to apologize to us.... for being weak.... and succumbing to society pressure to conform!!! lmao....

I'm still laughing at this one!
Enjoy yourself while you can! Hugs!

Deanna Jeanine
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Now that not nice Karren...accusing a CD of CONFORMing.....LMAO