PDA

View Full Version : Shaved legs

Starr
06-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Well i have shaved my legs for years but don't wear shorts unless i am in girl mode. After being out of work a while i took a new job a few months back and work with a small number of people. The heat has started getting to me, so Thursday i wore my men's shorts.. my legs were visible and clear shaved but no one said a word about that.. There were some comments on the shorts, like are you going to play golf this evening and stuff like that, but nothing about the hairless legs.
i also started this summer by removing the hair on my arms something i had never done until now and that has not been spoken of either..
So for all you girls who are afraid to have shaved legs... go for it.. no one will notice or if they do will care.

missynicole
06-23-2012, 11:23 AM
i have had legs shaved for months and no one has said a word. I wear shorts to work most days. I love the feeling of smooth legs.

janet54
06-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Starr. You are so right on girl. Jan.

Cynthia Anne
06-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I agree! Been keeping mine shaved for a few years now! I have notice quite a few guys with shaved legs! No big deal anymore! Hugs!

Cheryl T
06-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I took the plunge about 7 years ago and waited for the comments...they never came.
It's just such a pleasure to have a smooth, hairless body.

JenniferR771
06-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I was indecisive. So...I shaved half of my legs. The outer half of my calves mainly. Looks ok from a distance while wearing pantyhose. But eventually my wife noticed. Angry but she calmed down after a few hours (72). And I went to work wearing shorts for the first time last week. No one said anything. Someday maybe I will get the cahones to shave the rest.

Tracii G
06-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I have shaved mine for years no one ever commented on it.I shave my arms sometimes and never a comment either.

Alaceann
06-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't have any hair on my legs to shave, only my under arms get shaved.

sissystephanie
06-23-2012, 01:31 PM
For over 50 years I shaved my legs and nobody ever said a word about it. At my age now there is not enough hair on my legs to even be concerned about! So I don't even bother!

Beth Mays
06-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I drive for UPS and this is the first summer I have fully shaved (all the time). I hear more "nice legs" now than when I did not shave them.
I am not the only driver at work that shaves their legs, I overheard one driver tell another that it was MUCH cooler in the summer and full body shave cuts down on the BO.

WishingWhitney
06-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow, everyone's comments are encouraging! I'm taking the leap soon, although the thought of the first day is nerve-racking. I'm wondering if anyone has had remarks after they've shaved?

IngeInCO
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Leg shaving is not a big deal; I've been doing it for a few years. I run and cycle so it's quite common and have never had any comments (negative that is, haha). There are so many male grooming products at the store so many other dudes are "manscaping". I love the look! Especially tanned.

JohnH
06-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Outside of a slightly disrespectful nephew no one has said anything about my legs being shaved. I also shave my arms, and if they get stubbly my wife will tell me it's time to shave my arms. Also I wear denim skirts instead of shorts most of the time unless I am doing something where I need to wear shorts. Very few people have commented about the skirts.

So I say all of you who want to shave your legs have at it!

John

TeresaL
06-23-2012, 05:27 PM
UI shaved my legs about four months ago, and don't want to go back.

Last night I was asked to stop it, and then count it as a boundary. But I am not taking steps backwards. It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Besides, Finasteride is thinning it out a lot.

(be gone ugly body hair)

Teresa youre rite about the Finasteride i ve been on it for 5 months and i only have to shave mine every 3 to 4 days now instead of every other. My legs have been hair free for several years now .

I don't like why I have to take it, but it is my favorite med. New hair is appearing on my scalp too!

Xrys
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
I shave my legs, arms, and chest. nobody says anything, but last year, my mom got me an electric razor for christmas. She was glad that I "started careing about my image after all these years of looking like a slob."

Presh GG
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
John,
That taaz site is awful ! What a tease.

I realise I'd have to lose 30 years , gain 10 lbs. and have a chin lift and eye lift to acheve their photo of me.

Presh

Just wondering, is your wife on the forum ?

Emma Leigh
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree with the concensus.............nobody cares........the shock is how many of you can wear shorts to work and not get pnuemonia........just try it here

Starr
06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree with the concensus.............nobody cares........the shock is how many of you can wear shorts to work and not get pnuemonia........just try it here

Emma it is 95 degrees in the warehouse where i work and no A/C and little air that moves so it is pretty easy to wear shorts in that condition

RiverdanceGirl
06-23-2012, 09:17 PM
It probably would make a difference if you had really hairy legs one day and then suddenly the next day they're smooth. But still you can say it's a popular look for guys and you're experimenting with it. Actors and atheletes all seem to be going hairless now. In my case I'm really fortunate that the hair on my arms is very fine short and blonde, and it only goes up to my elbows. My torso has never had any hair so people aren't expecting to see me with hairy legs. They were pretty hairy though before I started shaving regularly and I worried that my family might have a problem with it but now they are so used to seeing me with smooth legs or just a little stubble that's only visible close up that they've probably forgotten I used to have hair. My family know about my dressing now although I don't deliberately do it infront of them (the closet thing again) and they don't really care. Besides leg hair is tickly when you're moving around bare legged and it makes your clothes feel uncomfortable.

Jamie001
06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Moderators,

Can we create a permanent "Shaved Legs Thread" as this subject comes up at least once per month?
The answer is "nobody cares" but the same questions is asked repeatedly. It may be useful to have a permanent thread.

Delila
06-24-2012, 01:58 AM
My wife has noticed many men with shaved legs at the gym. She only noticed because she was curious since I shave my legs if other men do it. I also started shaving my arms months ago and nobody has noticed not even a CDer friend until I said something. I honestly think that we are the only people that truly pay any real attention to other people's body hair. If somone does notice they must be too polite to say anything as obviously I have had no comments on my shaved arms.

rata
06-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Teresa youre rite about the Finasteride i ve been on it for 5 months and i only have to shave mine every 3 to 4 days now instead of every other. My legs have been hair free for several years now .

Being Paige
06-24-2012, 09:27 AM
I want to shave or wax my legs, my wife is not supportive of my dressing and to her if I do this she says she will know exactly what I am? I think she thinks that if I do this I'm gay! Really is that messed up or what? Shaving my legs is my coming out!

christiecd
06-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't always keep my legs smooth, but after I shave, I've never received any comments or weird looks. Nothing beats a pair of smooth legs!

DonnaT
06-24-2012, 10:10 AM
My wife has noticed many men with shaved legs at the gym. She only noticed because she was curious since I shave my legs if other men do it.
It's the same with my wife. We were on a cruise last month and during the required lifeboat drill, the guy standing beside her had shaved legs. I think she was the only other person to notice.

Beverley Sims
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Had hairless legs for fifteen years.
Not a word said.:)

weekend woman
06-24-2012, 10:54 AM
For the last year I have waxed from nose to toes. For several years prior I shaved. I recieved only 2 comments, did you shave your arms? To which I replied, no I got a sample of Nair for Men. The other comment was "GET A SKIRT" I guess I have nice legs. I get more noise about my pierced ears, 2 holes each side, which I don't dignify with a reply.

Danielle Gee
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I must agree with the majority of thers posts. 2 years ago I shaved everything except my arms. My wife loves it and not a single coment in 2 years

Silentpartner GG SO
06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
To Being Paige, I can totally relate to your wife's feelings - to me the shaved legs are a 24/7 in yer face reminder of the CD'ing. At the end of dressing you can take off the clothes and be a man again but you cant stick the hairs back on. I am absolutely fine wth my husband's dressing, to be honest, if he dressed most nights it wouldnt bother me, but when he's in guy mode I want 100% guy, not a halfling -

is it really such a huge thing to keep your hair if it upsets your wife to have you shave?

xcdmargo
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm totally smooth other then below my knees. But what I do is use a beard razor on them which really keeps the hair short and no one ever notices. If I wear hose you can't even tell if I'm not shaved.

margo