PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Was A Lovely Day

Persephone
06-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Thursday’s story involves a housekeeper’s son, a CFL fluorescent light bulb, an 11-year old girl, and a great movie.

Our housekeeper had called the night before to ask if she could bring her 14-year old son along to help. Not a problem, but my spouse and I had a luncheon plan with me en femme. Not something that would normally bother our housekeeper but we didn’t want to confuse her son.

Our solution was to leave the house before they arrived and to return after they left.

The day included several different activities and both my spouse and I chose capris, blouses, and summer sandals. I’m afraid I forgot to take pictures, but who takes pictures of a normal day?

Our first errand was a trip to Home Depot to drop off the CFL. Because of their toxic nature you aren’t supposed to just dump them with the trash, you have to take them to an authorized disposal site. Inside the Home Depot I couldn’t find the disposal site so I finally selected a tall, bearded employee and asked him where to dispose of my bulb.

He said, “I’ll show you where it is, M’am,” took my bulb and placed it in the disposal site, located in the customer service area behind all of the go backs. I thanked him and left. I suppose they’ll have to find a more prominent place for the disposal container before 2014 when the mandatory “greening” of the U.S. makes incandescent bulbs illegal to sell and we all have to buy our toxic CFL’s from China and be forced to dispose of them “properly.”

Then we were off to the market that we sometimes shop in. It is located in an ethnic area where crosssdressers would not be generally accepted, in fact, more likely stoned (and I don’t mean with drugs). I’m always a bit concerned about going there, but have successfully “passed” so far.

Our shopping finished after about an hour, we headed for our ladies luncheon. Our women’s gym has a monthly luncheon to honor all of the ladies’ birthdays for the month and we’ve found them fun to attend. This time they had chosen a Thai restaurant. I was already seated as the long table began to fill up. As it turns out, many of the women are strangers to each other because, although we all belong to the same gym, we tend to workout at different times.

One lady I had not met before had brought her 11-year old granddaughter and, of course, they sat down across from me. So I spent the next two hours chatting with a group of women including one of crossdressing’s dreaded pre-teen girls. Glad I’d used my Secret deodorant! Everything went fine, however, and she never noticed anything “odd” about me.

Topics ranged from the usually chit-chat with children, what grade are you in? What school? And on to the usual adult stuff about travel, each other’s illnesses, etc. It was a very pleasant lunch and the food was very good as well.

We’d been in touch with Eryn and Mimi and knew that they would be shopping in town, so we texted them and found that they were in a mall over on the west side of the valley. We drove over and met them and spent a very pleasant couple of hours strolling around the mall and shopping. They had already done most of their serious shopping (I heard that Eryn scored a very nice new summer dress, but you’ll have to ask her about that) so it was more chat and wander than actual buying.

We debated going to an evening movie in the area but after checking the movie schedules we found that nothing appealed to us so we headed for a deli about halfway between the mall and our home. Dinner was good, complete with a characteristic deli waitress, “What’ll you have, ladies?”

After dinner we went back to our home. Eryn and Mimi had brought over a few videos that they thought we would enjoy. They suggested one in particular, “Secondhand Lions,” that we had never seen. What a great feel-good movie! We loved it and I’m probably ordering my own copy.

By 11:30 or so we were all tired and Eryn and Mimi headed back to their home beyond the hills.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
06-23-2012, 04:12 PM
...We’d been in touch with Eryn and Mimi and knew that they would be shopping in town, so we texted them and found that they were in a mall over on the west side of the valley. We drove over and met them and spent a very pleasant couple of hours strolling around the mall and shopping. They had already done most of their serious shopping (I heard that Eryn scored a very nice new summer dress, but you’ll have to ask her about that) so it was more chat and wander than actual buying.

Actually, we did better than that! I've been seeing summer maxidresses all around and wanted one for myself. We found two at Kohl's, one with a flirty high-low hemline and the other a Daisy Fuentes with a bright floral pattern that was long even with my 5'14" height. Decisions, decision. I finally chose the high-low.

I also needed a swimsuit as we have a pool party coming up. Being two very disparate sizes top and bottom was a concern, but luckily I'm way beyond the bikini age. I found a nice tankini top in blue and white watercolor pattern. It provides enough support and shaping to use my forms without having to worry about things peeking out or escaping. To go with it, I found a black skirtini and since the skirtini was separate I could select a smaller size!

To finish the story, I was surfing the Kohl's site yesterday and discovered the dress that I had (reluctantly) turned down on Thursday was now at a deeper discount. I also had a 15% offer from email so the Daisy Fuentes maxidress was only $27 which broke down my willpower completely! Here it is:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/dressfinder/style/maxi/PRD~1004788/daisy+fuentes+Floral+Smocked+Empire+Dress.jsp

(Incredible femme figure not included, darnit!)

Anyway, back to Thursday. We had a great time exploring Topanga with Persephone and her spouse. It's always fun to shop with others because with differing interests I have an excuse to explore places I normally wouldn't go.

Dinner at Brent's Deli was fun and filling. It was busy and we were seated right in the middle of it all, but I felt right at home with the friendly and welcoming staff.

Secondhand Lions is one of our favorite movies and it is truly a "sleeper" in the sense that not many people have heard of it. It's always a good movie to see when one needs a lift. A little heartwarming, a little swashbuckling, a little romance... :)

All in all, a great day. Good shopping, good friends, good exercise, and a lovely relaxing evening!

Hugs, Eryn

Persephone
06-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Do be careful about forms at a pool party, Eryn! Some are sensitive to chlorine. Some have a tendency to float away with the tide! That can be a very ego-deflating experience!

There are inexpensive water-filled pads (cutlets) that should be available at places like Walmart or Target that may be chlorine tolerant.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
06-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a wonderful, perfect, and yet very ordinary day. Isn't your new ordinary nice?

:)

By the way, I love Secondhand Lions, but then I love almost anything with Michael Caine and/or Rovert Duvall in it.

Kathi

kimdl93
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Another great day, and as Kathi said, you've reached a new and wonderful level of ordinary. Good for you!