PDA

View Full Version : Credit Cards in your femme name

steffie39
06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi girls,

The one thing that has been missing from going out is when I go shopping I have to use credit cards with my male name. :(

However yesterday I called Victoria Secret (one of the cards that I have) and asked if they could add Steffie on the account they had. The girl said sure she could. She asked what relationship she was to me (my male name). I said, well, that is my femme persona and can I still add her? She said sure she could. So they are sending me another Victoria Secret card (same number) but with my femme name, Steffie, on it. She even said she will put Steffie's name on the account where Steffie has permission to call about the account. :)

It'll be so nice to have a store credit card with my femme name on it. So now when I pay, I don't have to feel self-conscious where the card shows a male name on it. I can still keep the male card handy in case anything ever comes up but at least now "Steffie" can have the full shopping experience. :)

Since Victoria Secret is transgender friendly, now let me see if I can do the same thing with the other stores I frequent over the next few days. Wouldn't that be nice: to have all femme credit cards in my purse! :)

Steffie

Eryn
06-24-2012, 05:32 PM
That's great!

The problem I have is that many stores now demand a government-issued ID card to go with the credit card. That's not impossible either, but it is more daunting than simply making a phone call. Sometimes I really envy those folks with androgynous names. They can get an ID in boy mode, "lose" it, get a replacement in girl mode and they have one of each! The gender marker doesn't change, but nobody really looks that closely.

Luckily for me, cash still requires no ID.

Nicole Brown
06-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Some time ago, I called the bank that issued my credit card and requested a new card in Nicole's name. I was told that this was no problem and that I would receive the card within several days. Since that wonderful day, I have made all of Nicole's purchases using that card. Only once since then have I ever been asked for additional identification. That store refused to accept that they were actually doing business with my bank and not me so I walked out. Since then, that store has gone out of business, from what I understand was due to their bad attitude.

Stevann
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I had intentionally chose a female name so I could have the same initials as my male name. Then I got the credit card company to just put my initials on the card. So the card works for either name. But I hate it when someone asks for Stevann's ID, and I have to show my male driver's license. If only North Carolina would allow folks to have both a Driver's license AND an ID card, so I could have different pictures.

Angie G
06-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Hay you go girl how cool is that.:hugs:
Angie

NathalieX66
06-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Yay!
I's real easy to do.....just go online to your account and request another card with a different name. I have two credit cards, one male, the other female. it's actually the same account number but with the same last name.

RADER
06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Good for you, glad you are getting a card with your name on it.
Remember, as long as you pay on time, they will call you anything you want.
Rader

Eryn
06-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Only once since then have I ever been asked for additional identification. That store refused to accept that they were actually doing business with my bank and not me so I walked out. Since then, that store has gone out of business, from what I understand was due to their bad attitude.

I believe that this varies by region. I live in SoCal and I recall being asked for additional ID by Macy's, Home Depot, and Target.

Nicole Brown
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I believe that this varies by region. I live in SoCal and I recall being asked for additional ID by Macy's, Home Depot, and Target.

Hi Eryn,

It may be different by region, but I have actually used Nicole's credit card up and down the California coast and was never asked for additional identification. Maybe I have just been lucky....

VickyMI
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I have three credit cards with Vicky's name on them. Its not hard to get just fill out the junk mail credit card ads. Use yuor own SS number. Never had a problem the last five years.

Kate Simmons
06-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Having CC's in our femme name is a "nice to have" but not a "must have" the way I see it. I've managed to survive all of these years without one.In the long run we pay the bill anyway. It probably mostly boosts our femme self esteem more than anything. Enjoy it Hon.:)

Marie-Elise
06-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I guess I am lucky. Having been born and raised in a Francophone country, my legal first name is considered a female-only name in English. So all my ID, credit cards and whatever else look like they belong to a female to an English speaker.

Unfortunately, the name my female persona has chosen (the name I have loved since I was a little boy) is "Elise". Go figure.

Cheryl T
06-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I have a Visa and a Discover Card in my name. All I had to do was go online and request them. There were no questions asked.
I use them all the time and love it, especially when the clerk looks at the card and says, "Thanks Cheryl, shop again".

NV Susan
06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
This sounds GREAT.....I'll be online today requesting cards for Susan. Now I'll have a heck of a time controlling her spending!!
Only thing is.....most every store I shop at has the card reader on the counter and I swipe my own card...the salesperson never sees my card!!

Tina B.
06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Both my male and female persona's have the same initials, I also have a credit card, that just have my initials on it, so it works for both sides.
Tina B.

Eryn
06-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Only thing is.....most every store I shop at has the card reader on the counter and I swipe my own card...the salesperson never sees my card!!

What they do see is your name and other information on their display screen!

One other though has occurred to me. In the Olde Dayes it was common for a wife to use her husband's credit cards which were imprinted with his name. I wonder how many GGs continue to do this to this day without even thinking about it?

Abby74
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
If you use a bank card and run it as debt the stores should be less likely to ask for id. A debt is instant so the store doesn't have to worry as much about people disputing the charge. I don't I charge everything! The fear of someone knocking me over the head after they see my pin is one reason. On the news a local store charged someone bank card $2000 something dollars, now they said in a few days the money was refunded. Ok a few days with not having $2000 to $3000 dollars I'd be a little unhappy.

steffie39
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Update:
I just got two more places (NY&Company and Dress Barn) to issue Steffie cards. :)

Sam-antha
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
If you re having problems with the name changinf and your credit card company, why just request that they use the initial letter of your given name. If works in the UK it should surely wokr in the States where i thn some of the companies are based.

~Samm

PretzelGirl
06-25-2012, 09:46 PM
This comes up often and someone recently said they ended up with their femme name as an alias on their credit report. I haven't tried it myself. I think they are already pretty well distracted with me in front of them.

Persephone
06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
In the Olde Dayes it was common for a wife to use her husband's credit cards which were imprinted with his name. I wonder how many GGs continue to do this to this day without even thinking about it?

It seems to be expected that a woman would be running family errands in the daytime so although technically you aren't able to make deposits to someone else's account I've done it many times en femme with no question. And have never had a problem with a debit card, even in banking transactions including withdrawals.

And it doesn't seem to matter if the teller is female or male.

BUT, I only have a card in "his" name at one of the department stores. Twice I've been stopped from using "your husband's" card.

Once, before I could stop her, she called down to the credit department and asked if I was authorized to use "her husband's" card.

I just switched to one of my femme credit cards.

The second time, once she started to fuss, I just handed her "his" driver's license and said, "It's mine, my parents had a wicked sense of humor."

She glanced, confirmed the male name and femme picture, and accepted the card.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Karren H
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
So wonder who gets the credit history or credit score? Could make things more complicated when you go to buy a big ticket item or get a loan?

Persephone
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
So wonder who gets the credit history or credit score? Could make things more complicated when you go to buy a big ticket item or get a loan?

[Giggle!] You may be right! But I always pay my bills on time and, actually, I think I have a better credit score than "he" does! Seriously!

Hugs,
Persephone.