PDA

View Full Version : A little help?

Shulove
06-24-2012, 10:12 PM
So, as I've said I recently came out to my wife and told her about my life long dream to be a CD. To my delight she's a very understanding women. My problem is I have three small children and we all live happy under one roof. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pull this off and still be "Dad" to them... If that makes any sense, first off I just want to get rid of all this nasty body hair without ten thousand questions! Lol... Anywho, any advice would be great! Also I could use a few friends here that are willing to "show me the way" so to speak.thank you :)

Eryn
06-24-2012, 10:28 PM
first off I just want to get rid of all this nasty body hair without ten thousand questions! Lol... Anywho, any advice would be great!

First advice: It's great that your wife is understanding, but talk to her about your hair removal plans before you proceed. She'll very likely be OK with it but GGs seem to have an inordinate attachment to their men's body hair and bringing her into the decision loop will give her a chance to get used to the idea before she sees you smooth.

Once you've got the OK here's a how-to if you want to get rid of it all quickly:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?147666-Eryn-s-Sugaring-Experience-with-Before-and-After-Pix&highlight=

To keep smooth, I use a Braun epilator. There are lots of horror stories about them, but if you have waxed or sugared first they work very well with only a bit of discomfort.

Oh, the little ones. They likely won't notice a change, but if they do the best explanation is the truth: "I like it that way."

Have fun, and welcome to the cool world of smoothness.

Andromeda
06-25-2012, 04:57 AM
I don't have much advice about how to handle your children other to say that children are resilient and will generally adjust to the change. As for hair removal plenty of men do in fact remove their body hair for a verity of reasons. What you thought all of those body builders had naturally smooth skin?

Michelle 51
06-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Take little steps.We all are a little different.This yr I keep my legs shaved and wear shorts to work etc.No one cares and the few times it came up I told them I shaved them because I think they look better.In reality I've ben epilating them for 3 yrs.One women even rubbed them and said "sexy''.Just take your time with the SO.

Cynthia Anne
06-25-2012, 05:28 AM
I think what Eryn said is great advice! ''IF'' the ''little ones'' bring it up you can let them know that getting rid of that unwanted hair feels better and is cooler! Hugs!

Brenda79135
06-25-2012, 05:38 AM
By all means keep your wife involved with ALL decisions. She can show you how she removes hair and stays smooth. As for the kids, that will be decision that both of you (yourself and wife) have to make. Kids will say what is on their minds in the most inopportune time. This could put you on the spot if you are not ready for it. Say when grandma and grandpa come to visit. Move at the pace the wife sets. This will make her feel more comfortable and more involved with the process. Above all listen to her and her feelings. If stress starts to build, the kids will be the first to know. They can sense when things are not right between the parents and will start acting up to get the attention back on themselves.

kimdl93
06-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Honestly, I don't think its a big deal to shave off some body hair. Just do it.

Eryn
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Kim, that was my thought before I removed mine, but later on Mimi told me that it caused her distress. What wasn't a "big deal" to me was significant to her. That's why I suggested that the SO be kept in the loop. No point in causing distress when it can be avoided.

Jenniferathome
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
It is not hard to do. I had three kids at home for many years. Don't dress when they are home. The is always a sleepover,camp, visits to inlays, etc. you will have plenty of opportunity. As for body hair, they either won't notice or will quickly adapt. If asked, tell them you didn't like it.

Shulove
06-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Good stuff, thank you all :) Eryn, yeah... I gotta let my wife be 100% with something before its done. As for the kids, yeah, I'll give it a go. When I can, and let you know ;)

Lynn Marie
06-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Kids come first. What you want isn't important. You're kids need as good an upbringing as is humanly possible. You make whatever sacrifice necessary for your children. It's the very essense of being a parent.

Eryn
06-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Good stuff, thank you all :) Eryn, yeah... I gotta let my wife be 100% with something before its done. As for the kids, yeah, I'll give it a go. When I can, and let you know ;)

Oh, if you're going to give sugaring a try be sure to cook up a couple of batches of sugaring paste the day before and lay in a supply of waxing strips. It's a disappointment to get all mentally prepared to do it and then find that you can't start immediately.

I did most of my own sugaring, but later on for my lower back I asked my spouse to help me.

Allsteamedup
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Whoa there!!!

So the kids won't notice? In my career children came to teacher with all sorts of problems. Noticing that your Dad is not the same as everyone elses is a biggie!

Those body builders had smooth, oiled skin to enhance their beautiful physiques for competition. You don't have a body like this. And nobody has mentioned the daily work you have to do exfoliating and moisturising and planned regular hair removal (imagine following Eryn's sugaring with children about...?!)

So you explain to your young one that you shaved the hair off, 'like this Daddy', s/he says, holding up your razor!

The only other way you would get away with this is to cut down physical contact with your children. If your SO saw that you were prepared to put your alter ego before the family she might not like that.
Some thinking to do!

Jacqueline Winona
06-26-2012, 09:09 AM
First, I don't share this with the kids- it isn't their concern, there is no need for them to know, and I don't want to burden them with knowledge I'd prefer to keep out of the public eye. Before someone says I don't want to lie to my kids or hide things from my kids, I respectfully disagree that this is some sort of lying, and we hide things from kids all the time (Mommy and daddy are the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, etc.). Also, we have some expectation of privacy even if we are parents; I don't know everything about my parents, nor have I ever felt the need to know everything. Lastly, the hari probably won't freak them out until they are teenagers. My youngest wants me to shave hair, she hates it, and a substantial number of men do shave or wax hair these days, and not all are into body building.

Eryn
06-28-2012, 02:34 AM
...And nobody has mentioned the daily work you have to do exfoliating and moisturising and planned regular hair removal (imagine following Eryn's sugaring with children about...?!)

Although I realize that different people handle privacy differently, all of my hair removal, including facial shaving, is done in private. I'm certainly not advocating getting out the sugar, razor, or epilator in from of one's 4-year-old! :eek:

Shulove
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Well, god bless you all for your input :) as for the body hair issue... Well, we discussed it. Body hair does not seem to bother her one little bit, the kids.. Well they just shrug it off like it was just passing conversation. Still have not gone through with it yet though. Next day or two :) as for the sugaring...... Well that sounds and looks like a horrible time I have to say. The results are nice mind you. Question though, what about "Nair"?