PDA

View Full Version : I am a lucky lady today

SweetNikki
06-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Reason for being lucky

For the last week my SO has bin saying maybe the time was right to tell our 19 year old daughter what was going on with me. I wasn't so sure & was very nervous about the whole situation But by Friday night my SO convinced me the time was right.

So with a big gulp i agreed & we brought her down for the chat. After explaining everything she turn to me & said "It didn't matter what i looked or dressed like i was still her dad" & that made me feel so emotional that i have now a supporting SO & a supporting daughter who i have got to say she is Awesome :).

So i got all the questions from her which i answered true to my heart & since then she has spent loads of time researching the whole subject & understands everything i sit here today dressed typing & never ever thought this would happen to me.

So i want to say to all you ladies out there please don't give up hope you will be understood one day & i hope everything comes true for you love & hugs Nikki

Michelle 51
06-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi Nikki
Just went through the same thing with our 20 yr old daughter.By accident but results were the same.I glad things are working out for you........hugs

NitaCD
06-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Nikki, That's great and you are very lucky. I have a very supportive SO also but my children do not know yet. Thanks for your encouragement, and I hope that someday I will be understood and accepted like you are. This is the way things should be. Nita

Cynthia Anne
06-25-2012, 06:15 AM
My goodness girl! I think you have a life time of good luck to celebrate! So enjoy it everyday! Hugs!

Kelley
06-25-2012, 06:27 AM
I am glad everything worked for you. I have a 20 year old son I would to tell. I'm not sure how he would react but I think he will be ok with it but my wife is dead set against telling him

bridget thronton
06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Both my son 28 and daughter 23 have been told and they are okay with it.

kimdl93
06-25-2012, 10:13 AM
You are very fortunate to have both an understanding SO and a supportive daughter. Life is good.

PretzelGirl
06-25-2012, 09:16 PM
That's awesome Nikki! I got almost the exact same response from my then 25 yr old daughter a couple of years ago. It is a big relief. Take it slow and let her absorb it at her pace. And the speed of things can always change so pay attention.

Sara Jessica
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
It's uplifting to read such words about disclosure to children. It gives me both inspiration and hope for my own future.

AllieSF
06-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes, I congratulate all of you who have successfully told your children. I can only imagine how hard it must have been. For those of you that are on the path to disclosure, I can only wish you the best of luck and send you a big hug.

Eryn
06-26-2012, 12:25 AM
My daughters do not yet know about Eryn. They will know when the value the knowledge might have for them exceeds the liabilities of having the knowledge. I'm sure that they will be fine with it, but I don't want to burden them with the need to keep my secret from their close friends in the community.

BethCD
06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
My adult daughter happened upon some pics of Beth from a TG weekend awhile back and I was "discovered". she took it well, very understanding. She even met up with Beth at the next TG weekend and we had a good time.
Life can be good

Beth:D