PDA

View Full Version : A compliment is a nice thing

Kathy4ever
06-25-2012, 05:25 AM
We are on vacation and had to sit through a time share meeting. As we are sitting there the sales lady says " I luv your hair and you have a nice head of hair". I started chckling and say my wife doesn't like it. My wife is rolling her eyes and says don't feed into him. We are all laughing because I also say she just calls me wig boy. She really wants me to get shorter haircut and my hair sometimes becomes a topic of conversation. The sales lady says I'm sorry Mrs ___ but he does have nice hair. We continue to have a good time. I don't think she was complimenting to sale anything since I already told her I let my take care of the vacation plans. I just do not have time for that stuff.. I do wish she would of complimented me on my earings as they were middle size hoops with diamond dust flake around parts of the hoop. They are very feminine and now I get to wear them all day since I have no work. I was sitting in envy as all the woman were wearing very dressy heels and I had a hard time concentrating on why we were there and not about what i heel I wanted.

Cynthia Anne
06-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Everyone loves complements! But when some girl comes along and ''brags'' about her great hair we tend to get a little jealous!:heehee: Hugs!!!!:)

kimdl93
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
that was a very nice thing for her to say. And its great that you've got a thick head of hair...mention to your wife that a wig costs a good deal more!

Wildaboutheels
06-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Compliments can be great. Depends on just how the peson "interprets" them though.

I have learned the hard way that one must be veddy veddy careful when giving compliments. To GGs anyway. There is simply no telling HOW she is going to interpret it.

No matter how well you think you may know her.

Or how long you have known her.

Even if you live with her.

For the last XX years.

No matter how sincerely you give it.

BUT, we can't let any of the above stop us from giving them.

Sometimes, just a simple 4 or 5 second compliment, even from a stranger, can magically "fix" an entire 8 or 12 hour "bad day".

Paula T
06-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Its always fun to get a compliment. I was shopping one night in a department store and one of the salesladies said to me that it nice to see a gal dressed up while shopping for a change.:)

Kathy4ever
06-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Thank you for the comments. Now I have an update for this vacation. We are at water park and we are at a water park. While we are in the wave pool my wife said she was looking around for my son and thought some woman was talking to him. She said she was about to go get him way from her and then she realized it was me. She went on to say she was not trying to critize me or anything but she did think it was a weird looking lady.I guess because because I didn't have make up on.LOL. Even though this was not a compliment it did make me feel like I was getting closer to passing even though she thought the woman was weird looking.

Kathy4ever
06-26-2012, 03:35 AM
LOL. I guess in away I'm bragging but not really. I just luved it that a stranger thought my hair was nice. I know it killed my wife to hear. I luv my wife dearly but the hair is always going to be topic of discussions. She can go a couple weeks without saying anything but then the ugly head appears. Once she says something it is over. No grudges.
Everyone loves complements! But when some girl comes along and ''brags'' about her great hair we tend to get a little jealous!:heehee: Hugs!!!!:)