PDA

View Full Version : Sharing - here and at home!

Ellen James
06-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Haven't been around a lot lately (not that I post a lot anyway, but I do try to keep up with what everyone's doing!) - but wanted to share a bit of conversation with my wife the other night.

While still in the closet with most people (though I've decided to answer truthfully if asked), I worked up the nerve some time back and told my wife that I cross dress. She took the news well but it hasn't been talked about all that much since then.

So the other night she asked if that hairy guy she once knew was going to be back or not? After some thought I said that I didnt' know although it was also still as I told her during I first conversation, I had no desire to be permanently one or the other gender. My ideal would be to be able to switch back and forth because there are elements of each that I like, a lot.

BTW - we share laundry duties so by now she has seen just about all of my (Ellen's) clothes as they go through the wash and they are now put away right next to my other (male) clothes, especially since when home I usually underdress even when going out. Of course, it's hot enough now that I generally don't wear stockings or panty hose.

I took the opportunity to tell I was thinking about getting my ears pierced. She repeated much of the same advice I got here :) and then offered to come along when I did it :heehee: - Noting that there is a lot of conversation among GGs (not here wording) about how wimpy men are about pain :doh:

Then we talked a little bit about the forum here and she finally asked what name I use here and otherwise when dressed - and she said she thought Ellen was a great name and well chosen. Finally, she noted that there is a group in the area for the relatives of the transgendered and she was thinking about going to a meeting.

I'm sharing all of this because I do want my friends here to know that it can be like this - and to thank you for the encouragement to be open especially with the important people in your life. It can work out.:)

Laura912
06-26-2012, 08:50 AM
You are very fortunate that it has worked this well. But...there is always the need to make sure you are considering her needs in all this. You probably are but sometimes we need a reminder to turn on the fog lights in the pink fog.

kimdl93
06-26-2012, 08:50 AM
thanks for sharing these insights from conversations with your wife. Its encouraging for all of us to share examples of constructive discussions.

Tina B.
06-26-2012, 09:02 AM
You have a smart lady there, hang on to her tight. She is working with you. not against you.
Tina B.

Thera Home
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm sharing all of this because I do want my friends here to know that it can be like this - and to thank you for the encouragement to be open especially with the important people in your life. It can work out.:)

Ellen
Im so happy for you. Enjoyed your post

Thera