PDA

View Full Version : Has THIS site pushed you over the edge?

Wildaboutheels
06-27-2012, 09:21 AM
As in OUT of the closet? En femme out into the RW? Has participating here at this Forum given you that strength?

Or do you simply "know" that you have no desire to ever leave your house whether you could pass or not?

I ask because have seen a few ladies mention in the last week that they started with simple basic stuff and never thought thay would ever go all out dressing and ever leave their house and now they do. Almost expressed their journey as addictive by the tone of their posts.

ARE you surprised at just how far you have come since you started CDing months or years ago?

Sallee
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I think it is just a natural progression. Has you get better and you begin to realize no one cares you go out more. At least that is how it is for me

Georgia_Maine
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I think the best thing this site has given me is comfort - to know that I'm not weird or alone in this journey. Thank you, ladies, for your help.

Gigi

Jolene Robertson
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
As to your initial question, NO. This site has not pushed me at all, but the people here have given me some encouragement, insight and reassurance that I am not that different than a lot of others.
As to your last question, YES. I am surprised at how far I've come since I started (though that was a long long time ago) to paraphrase a great song.

AndreaS
06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Can't say that this site contributed to helping me go out dressed since I started going out dressed before there was an internet and before I even knew there were others like me. I can definitely see how this site would help educate gals thinking about "taking the plunge" since there are so many positive stories from those who took the leap of faith and didn't get arrested or suffer from spontaneous combustion. Someimes all it takes is knowing that there is somebody else out there walking in your shoes.

Diana Bain
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
From years in the closet, to out in the world. The wonderfull people here provided me the encouragement to explore myself, which ultimately helped me out the door...and what a world it is...thank you all:)

Karren H
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM
I was way over the edge before I came here..... Lol.

Barbara Ella
06-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Has this site "pushed" me, NO.

Has this site "lead" me, YES.

I am very surprised that in the nine months that I have been dressing, I have progressed to the point of feeling confident enough to go out. So much so that my wife, who has begin talking to me about the dressing (still will not see me dressed, but talking) has wanted to know how I was progressing, and has expressed the desire that I not leave the house dressed to go out in our town. She is accepting if I leave in drab, go to another town, get a room, and dress and go out. Very big step for her to talk.

I have received answers to my questions, I have read about what others do, how, why, when, etc. This all has made it much easier to make decisions. When decisions are easier to make when you have the necessary information, you will do things quicker. I have developed very quickly, and thank this site for that.

Barbara

Stephanie47
06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
This is has provided reaffirmation of who I am. I can't say it has caused me to go out into the world on a limited basis, because I had done that decades ago. As a retiree there is not too much society can do, if my cross dressing becomes less closeted. This site has shown me I am not alone in the universe. There are men like me who has the same 'issues' as I have.

Tina B.
06-27-2012, 10:19 AM
No push, but then I've never really had much desire to get out, I'm here because because of years of feeling like I was the only one out here, and I have enjoyed finding out just how common we are.
Tina B.

Lorileah
06-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I wasn't pushed I went full bore head first screaming over the edge all by myself.

I would like to believe that some here have benefited from others and have gone out because of it. I do believe tat most would do it if they had the inclination without pushing. It is all getting over the fear of oneself.

Kate Simmons
06-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Not really Hon. I was already "way out" there before I ever came here.:battingeyelashes::)

Jackiefl
06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
I believe this wonderful site helps boost ones confidence in who we are and why we do it. Karren i hope your parachute opens! LMAO

kimdl93
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't know if this site is responsible. the fact that I looked for it suggests something. but I do think this site has to some degree opened my eyes to the possibilities - my possibilities. The inclinations are mine, but the examples of others made a difference for me. I doubt that I would be out to as many people, or going out in public and truly enjoying that part of my life, without this site's influence.

suchacutie
06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
What this site has done is to give me the information I have desired at every step along the way of what has been the adventure of understanding Tina. Every step requires a decision and decisions are better made when informed.

I would like to mention that the experiences of others have been so very very helpful in everything from makeup to clothes to tucking to getting out in the world! I can't thank all of you enough.

tina

cindybabe
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
This site has helped a lot, i used to feel guilty and weird about wanting to wear woman's clothes, but this site has been a great comfort and help to me, never thought i would leave the house with my wife (even though it was dark and only a drive to the country) in heels, wig. and full makeup.
Yes i want to repeat it again, so it must be addictive lol

UNDERDRESSER
06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, I have gone from changing quickly in the locker room, to being a bit more casual, and the decision to say "yes they're panties" or "sort of unisex" if questioned. I shave my legs and wear shorts, I've stated that it's less about the cycling thing and more of personal preference. A potential partner has appeared on the scene, and if my pursuit is successful, I will, tell her. I have had conversations at work with a customer who is ( I'm fairly certain ) MtF, TS, I try to behave to her as if she is GG. ( A bit difficult, I think she had the surgery late, and she could use a good surgeon for FFS ) I have regretted some comments made in the past to a friend who is TG in some way. I have considered dressing fully, but still don't think this is going to bring out a feminine persona. I have come to realize that I want to be Beautiful, Sexy, such things are not normally accepted in males, at least not in the way I mean them. I think that's where some of this is coming from.

What a bunch of rambling stream-of-consciousness.

Over the edge? Which edge? Where is/was it? This site has certainly made me consider exactly who or what I am, and to try to unearth exactly where this is coming from, and where it is likely to take me, And where do i want to go? perhaps more importantly, it has made me look at others differently, and to wonder where their motivations and drives come from. it has, I hope, made me a better more accepting person.

RADER
06-27-2012, 12:36 PM
This site has given me more confidence to wear female clothes with out feeling guilty;
Now is that a bad thing, I say NO. That is what I thought this forum is here fore, to
help and nurture the cross dressing idea, or concept.
I just do not see an edge, just a large field that we have only began to cross.
Rader

Jennaie
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
It's all about finding out who you are and where you want to go.

Wildaboutheels
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
It's a recurring theme here isn't it? So many folks WANT to venture out but haven't yet. With enough time at this Forum...

Doesn't matter if you call it a push or a gentle nudge does it? How about Literary Courage?

The important thing is not to fret endlessly about it and just do it. As people report over and over again, very few people will notice or care. At least not to your face.

Does it really matter what STRANGERS might say or think?

VanessaJCD
06-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I know I won't pass so I am content to stay put.

Marleena
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
No, but I might have pushed some over the edge by now, including my shrink.:D

Seriously though.. this site and the people here have helped my confidence a lot!

Debglam
06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
This site lead me to the River City Gems. My sisters in the Gems lovingly welcomed me and got me out of the closet. At one point in my life I would have rather been dead than to have anyone know I was trans. As per my recent post, I spent a weekend en femme and marched down the middle of the street in a dress! Go figure!

There are alot of wonderful people on this site that will make you feel comfortable and confident no matter what you choose to do.

JerseyGirlDonna
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Finding this site was a godsend to me. I had been out in public a few times previously, but only in a very controlled environment, for very short periods of time. The wonderful people on this site showed me that it's OK to be me and that I needn't hide anymore from the world outside my front door. Home life is still another matter, however. Pushed? NO Encouraged? YES

Karren H
06-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I believe this wonderful site helps boost ones confidence in who we are and why we do it. Karren i hope your parachute opens! LMAO

I hope I land skates down on an ice rink somewhere!

Rondawants
06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I sure have! I went out in Make up, heels, bra, and panties to get a pack of smokes just this morning! I had on a T, and jeans. i buy there everyday. They have a drive thru and the lady who waits on me gave me my change and said I looked really nice today! I was trilled!!!!

Crissy Kay
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
No and no for me. I still enjoy coming here though, and reading about everyone else!!

sissystephanie
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Having been a crossdresser for about 74 years, I was over the edge long ago. But 7 years ago when my deat wife passed away, I went over a little further. She not only tolerated my CD'ing, but did my makeup and wig so that I could look like a real Stephanie. I am not at all good with makeup or my wig, so when she passed away I decided to just go out dressed enfemme but looking like the guy that I am! I have been doing that for most of the past 7 years and have never had any problems at all. But I don't think the Forum had anything at all to do with my life! I do enjoy it though!

Kathy4ever
06-28-2012, 03:51 AM
I would say this site has helped in the progression. I think we get more comfortable in this as we socialize and get new ideas from others. There is a lot of knowledge and expierience on this site. Where else are you going to learn.

Beverley Sims
06-28-2012, 05:04 AM
It has not pushed me over the edge, maybe it has increased the speed of the roller coaster.:)

noeleena
06-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Hi,

Im going to be flipent what ever, or silly , i packed a chain saw in my kit as i was not prepared to let walls hold me back or close me in yes im nuts mad crazzy & weird i dont do normal. not sure how to, to tell the truth. so with that in mind when i set my mind to most things ill do it some times i get a block wall so some cordite will sort that out if i need a bridge ill build one, if theres a blockade ill just get the tank out & you know the rest .

im very able to stand on my own two feet. so theres your answer, im a doer. oh allmost forgot i do have a flackjackit, yea well whats new , i do have fun & enjoy my self to the full. so it cant be all bad now can it,

Oh by the way Karren, i wear my army boots im not sliding around on ....ICE....any more.....

...noeleena...

linda allen
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Has THIS site pushed you over the edge?

Probably. You have to define "edge".

This site has let me know that I am not alone in wearing women's clothes. It's given me the confidence to walk through the checkout line with stockings, makeup, skirts and blouses. I've even gone out in public dressed a couple times (when my wife was out of town).

And, it's given me the confidence to tell my wife I like to wear women's clothes. I now underdress every day and wear women's clothes around the house in front of her.

I have a ways to go (boobs, wig, shoes, jewelry), but I'm on my way with the help and encouragement of members here.

This site has been a great help to me. :battingeyelashes:

Sandra1746
06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
It has certainly opened doors for me, not pushed me over the edge.

It provided a forum to help me get my thoughts organized and decide on my next steps. It did open doors; literally.

Through the door,
Sandra1746

larry
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
HHMMM Have to give that some thought. I have not announced to my whole family or told all my friends. I do however now wear panties almost all the time.
I now share with my hair stylist that I am a closet crossdresser and want my hair to go both ways--hehe . I have had chest and back waxed and am planning on full
wax when time permits. I have not allowed this site (meaning the opinions of the members) to cloud my vision TOO much in the fact that I am not and will never be pretty.
I look around the ladys clothes and lingerie just like I belong and do not worry about it. Thank you all for your guidance..

Alice B
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Without question this site has had a major effect on me. It made me realize that there are many more than I thought and that I'm OK with my desire to dress. I learn from what others have to say, gained a lot of confidence and have made some friends here. It is interesting that I learned about the site from a female friend that I told about my desire tyo dress.

Sarah Doepner
06-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Not at all, in fact it was just the opposite. I was falling over the edge and found a way to ground myself here. I've read posts, looked at photos and followed threads that helped me put things in perspective. I've responded to so many threads, not knowing what my answer was going to be when I started, but knowing that I would search my experience and feelings and come up with something that ends up helping me much more than anyone who reads that response. This has turned out to be one of the three legs that support my world now, along with my wife and the friends I know and see in person.

Cheryl T
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Nope...I was over the edge before I came here.
Falling into the abyss with my pink lace parachute....

kelliT
06-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Nope, on another site with economic collapse, fukashima, aliens, prophecy etc.

This is my refuge.

If anything happens, ill be here in a dress. :)

Sophie_C
06-28-2012, 06:11 PM
No, social acceptance / not caring which has occurred on a rate faster than I ever thought it would, has. I expected this degree of social evolution to be accomplished by the time I was dead. It is completely messing with my mind. I have lost the reason for 'why' for repressing, and it's freaking me out.

Frédérique
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Has THIS site pushed you over the edge? As in OUT of the closet? En femme out into the RW? Has participating here at this Forum given you that strength? Or do you simply "know" that you have no desire to ever leave your house whether you could pass or not?

No, this site has not pushed me over the edge. I began to leave the safe confines of my closet years ago – I somehow found the courage to do so, all by myself, and being on this site merely verifies that we all have the requisite amount of courage it takes to push the proverbial envelope. I still go out from time to time, but I prefer to dress at home and stay at home – this has more to do with my own idiosyncratic circumstances, along with an isolated location and the price of gas, and less to do with fear of the unknown. If there was someplace to go en femme, I would surely go there, but please consider where I live…

BTW, being on this forum has made me more of a stay-at-home type, since I like to dress up, sit at my laptop, and type these little wordy scribbles of mine. Before the days of the discussion forum, I would be ironing my pleated skirts and checking out women’s clothing all over God’s creation, but times have changed – nowadays I can live vicariously through the exploits of others, do some (hopefully) meaningful work in the support and encouragement department, and wax nostalgic about past glories. Even if I wanted to go out it’s DAMNED HOT - 108° for crying out loud! The real world seems to be getting closer to the Sun, and I don’t like it when my makeup melts...

This site HAS exacerbated my insomnia...:sad:

ArleneRaquel
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
This site has been a great blessing to me.

Sam-antha
06-29-2012, 04:55 AM
I cannot remember a cliff or river edge. I came to myself out there, around fifty years back when mainframes were accountants' toys and there was no internet.

I love this site and the people and the adventures they tell us about.
Not forgetting the pics of the adventures outside.

~Samm

LitaKelley
06-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes, it has. I knew very little about all of this when I first arrived on this forum. Before becoming a member here and asking questions, posting, etc.. I actually thought something was wrong with me all these years and I didn't know what it was or anything about being transgender.

I learned alot about not only my self, but of others. Through this forum I had the opportunity to meet Sally Cross and others who are members of a group called Sisters Family and I had the opportunity to be out and about with others like me in a safe venue free of potential harm and/or risk and it was then and there that I built up my own courage and confidence to go beyond that. Since early summer 2011 I have been out and about in the real world full time as a female and have been in progress in my transition as I learned through this forum as well as others, from therapists and friends, and etc that I am transsexual and had you asked me a few years back before I ever discovered this place if I would ever go out in public as a woman, I would have told you "HELL NO... that's crazy", lol.. but now, it's the only way I can be out as I feel BETTER... ALIVE... STRONGER, and free and confident and happy and OMG I could go on.... My whole life something was missing and I tried so many things to fill some vacant void within me, and took this gender identity for me to realize that the whole time I was missing MY SELF... buried and kept bottled up inside and I'm now the happiest I ever been my entire life... these weights and burdens lifted off my shoulders.

Thera Home
06-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello Ladies
This site has helped me deal with this fog, or pestilence at times, but my journey continues forward. Actualy since I joined the site I dress less frequently and prefer to visit the site and read many stories and adventures some folks has shared, Which in turn I share some of mine

Thera

Michaella
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, hearing what others are doing and seeing what they look like has made me think more about the issues, and be a little more self-confident.

Michaella

NathalieX66
06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
After over three years, this site made me understand myself much better. I have met no less than two dozen of you members in person, probably more.
I am already out to many of my close friends, and never thought such a thing as possible in a million years....but here I am. :)

Rebeccarabbit
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Like Karren my answer to this is the same I was far too gone before I arrived just didn't realise it .
I think its a great forum and support network, always there when you need it. Always full of friends.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Has participating here at this Forum given you that strength?

I ask because have seen a few ladies mention in the last week that they started with simple basic stuff and never thought thay would ever go all out dressing and ever leave their house and now they do.

ARE you surprised at just how far you have come since you started CDing months or years ago?

People were asking and responding to those very questions a dozen years ago on USENET. Surprised? I'm not.

I would like to believe that some here have benefited from others and have gone out because of it. I do believe tat most would do it if they had the inclination without pushing. It is all getting over the fear of oneself.

Exactly! I was encouraged by many on USENET. Learned a lot there.

It's a recurring theme here isn't it? So many folks WANT to venture out but haven't yet. With enough time at this Forum...

I would hope so.

The important thing is not to fret endlessly about it and just do it. As people report over and over again, very few people will notice or care. At least not to your face. Does it really matter what STRANGERS might say or think?

Exactly!

Veronica

Nikki A.
06-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Not so much a push in that I didn't go out till I was comfortable with the idea. The site did give me some ideas, and helped me meet kindred spirits that helped me figure out what I wanted.
When I first went out though I was on the fly, no fear or trepidation and to this day I still feel the same.

Rebeccarabbit
06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Like Karren was too far over the edge before I joined, just didn't realise it. Great support network like a good book you can put it down and go back to it and still have friends and support, even if its to learn how to roller skate or ride a bicycle

Kaz
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Still living on the edge! Sometimes stray over and sometimes run back for cover! This site has been amazing for me on my journey of self-discovery and yes it has given me the confidence to get out and about... but not to come out of the closet in terms of telling the world... they can get on OK without me!

78mharie
06-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Hey Hey Sissytephanie ; This 78mharie . Iam 78yrs and have had this M/F battle my whole life . Just this year started to look for girle frends to build frendship with. To go out in to the the city as a Girl named Mharie,even if it is an old one ! ! Eugene ,Oregon

Annaliese2010
06-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I'd have to say YES. In 2007 I infrequently experimented but more as a male CD, just a dress no nylons, no make up, no attempt to be 'pretty'. I did it just for sexual gratification. Then dropped it for years. Then randomly discovered this site. Joined in 2009 and started coming here regularly. The more I read the more I understood the more I identified with certain types of girls here & the more I became in touch with what felt like a very feminine self in me that was dormant most my life until she suddenly 'came to the surface' so to speak.

Suddenly she's buying clothes, shoes, learning about make up, taking on a personality of her own. Then one day there was a 'transition' where her personality overshadowed my normal self and she became fully expressive. Her thinking feeling talking behaving was/is her own, in a way thtas independent from me, my normal male self. So yea the things I have read here about the experiences and feelings described by so many girls was a catalyst that "pushed me over the top" if you wanna put it that way.

From male CD to becoming a fully developed M2F Transgendered, I'd have to say YES this website was instrumental!

STACY B
06-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Yep ,,, I found out when Carol told me about this site that there is a site that talks about issues an not just XXX ,, Thats why I love it here an ive came along way so far ,,I would say HELL YEA ,,It gave me all the knowloge an skills I needed to go as far as I want . So THANK YOU .... To EVERYONE ,,,, When I jump I jump ,,, Edge ,,,Lets Do it !!!!!