PDA

View Full Version : Why do or

Danni Bear
06-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Why do or did you crossdress?

What reason not excuse do you justify crossdressing with.

This will probably generate a lot of controversy.

It's time for brutal honesty with yourself.

Why?

Myself was the absolute necessity for the world to see and acknowledge me for who and what I am.
A woman albeit trapped in a male body for many years.

Danni

AllieSF
06-27-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't really know and do not plan on dwelling on the unanswerable because I see too many here with too many hangups brought on by questioning shy they crossdress. All I know is that I really enjoy buying articles of clothing and accessories, putting together interesting and pleasing (in my eyes) outfits, going out dressed into the mainstream and interacting with others. Though this is relatively new to me, 5+ years, I do not believe that it is a complete other and separate side of me, but rather compliments and is an important part of my whole being, personality and character. I am not sure where this is going and so far am not concerned with that because I have a fair idea I am about there. I refuse to put negativities and doubts in front of me. I am a very positive, extroverted, intelligent and mature person and see no reason to worry myself into that dark hole that so many here sometimes find themselves in. I have embraced me and hopefully will continue doing that.

Also Danni, you have been around here the same amount of time that I have been and you know from reading a lot of the posts and threads here that unless someone is truly a TS and finding out that by crossdressing, there is no reason for why we CD's do what we do, besides it is there and needs to be done. That is my honest but not brutal opinion.

toni_62
06-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Great question! For me it's always been some type of sexual yearning. From my early teens on I have for some reason wanted to be a gorgeous woman. Now when I say want to be it's more of a fantasy want to be. Not I'm a woman trapped in a man's body type thing at all. I may have very slight gender identity issues, but for the most part I am happy in my own skin. It's more escapism for me I think. I get aroused while dressed if not before hand. That is not to say I have to have sex when I get dressed. Regardless if I do or not it arouses me none the less. There is a certain type of woman I find attractive and I guess envy in a way. So I kind of become her. I have taken it as far as wanting what she would want without going into detail. This probably makes no sense although it's the only way I can explain why I crossdress.

Diana Bain
06-28-2012, 12:10 AM
why? I am a part of who I am. Convoluted answer....?

monica.missil
06-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Don't know why. Just know that it does'nt matter how many times I try to walk away from it, I get pulled back. It just makes me feel whole.

Lynn Marie
06-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Oh brother, this silly-assed question again. The is no answer. Get over it.

noeleena
06-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Hi,

I never cross dressed, had no need did not even give it mind time & was not nessersay. & why would i,

Now I was dressed in my lovely cream dress by my Mum no dought for 2 or more years, in dress's i have a pic of that as well. it says some thing about my self allmost 65 years ago.

The next time was i was dressed as a girl full on clothes make up & all. 1958 /9 with 4 others for a end of year church do, in front of 80 people who all know me & my Mum was there as well.

Thats it in both cases i was there & they dressed me. now is that cool or what,

Little did they know Mum included i was intersexed, even though i hated any boy clothes i did not do the dressing.

!9 years ago was when my body started to change strange as that may seem its true for some of us intersexed ,

my thought pattern how im wired how i thought was as a female & yes from very young yet, that does not rule out a miner part of who i am was male hey im happy with that, its still a part of my make up im not ahsamed of that part of myself because that was very importaint for me later in my life & really has been needed its given me the strength i needed to get through ...HELL... & come out the other side, it allso helped me to be very level headed. keep me sane really.

I know what hardship depression being abused allways being last & haveing learning problems is like, to put it simply i was bloody dumb. so what would i wont to dress in others clothes for. i had enough problems with damm boys clothes let alone any thing else. apart from other issues i had not related at all to being intersex,

My changes were in many ways quite lovely i knew i would live as my self a female / woman from age 10.yet it had to be the right time , 18 years ago was the right time because every thing that took place from then yes even the trip through,,, HELL,,,
was right , i had to grow to be myself even if that ment 8 years of my life was in that hell. to live i needed to get through that .

Hey it was horable hard , being cast down knowing what was happening was effecting our family to the point of distroying us. suiside mean any thing does to me. youv no idear till youv gone through what Jos & i went through for what so i could be a woman.. its a bit more than just clothes or liveing or acting as a woman its the very core of who you are my case a female born with a male side.

im just fortunate that im intersexed because that keeped me sane because being both & i know for some thisll be at odds in how they relate to me, could i not just live as a male & what part of male was me to start with. not much really & your body goes through a change to begin life as a female / woman different ...a....

I spos i could have worn those bloody male clothes & gone insane as it was every thing inside me changed & my body so it was to late as it was, i did not have much say in the matter so really im quite pleased ,

So back to clothes why do i dress in clothes that are designed for women short answer,

To be a little light hearted,

well i think , & mind you i could be wrong may be its because i got waylaid some where & i thought as a difference i could just be a female , i wonder. or i could be quite wrong.ill leave that up to my critics, they seem to have sussed me out so maybe they are the ones who are right,. so far theyved crossed all the T's & in my favour, really its being accepted,the way you are,

Jos knows im a woman & shes spent 37 years getting to know who i am & really i dought i can fool her or any one else.

So some of us dont have a say or chose who we are, .......We are just born different......,

...noeleena...

Kathy4ever
06-28-2012, 03:59 AM
I have the same opion as Allie does. I think the only time I had the wanting to know the answer was when the wife asked about it. It has changed over the years for the better. I got aroused a few times early on and didn't want that feeling anymore and finally over came that. Now it is because I like the fabric and cut and just plain like the look. I feel better wearing womans cloths. Plain and simple.
I don't really know and do not plan on dwelling on the unanswerable because I see too many here with too many hangups brought on by questioning shy they crossdress. All I know is that I really enjoy buying articles of clothing and accessories, putting together interesting and pleasing (in my eyes) outfits, going out dressed into the mainstream and interacting with others. Though this is relatively new to me, 5+ years, I do not believe that it is a complete other and separate side of me, but rather compliments and is an important part of my whole being, personality and character. I am not sure where this is going and so far am not concerned with that because I have a fair idea I am about there. I refuse to put negativities and doubts in front of me. I am a very positive, extroverted, intelligent and mature person and see no reason to worry myself into that dark hole that so many here sometimes find themselves in. I have embraced me and hopefully will continue doing that.

Also Danni, you have been around here the same amount of time that I have been and you know from reading a lot of the posts and threads here that unless someone is truly a TS and finding out that by crossdressing, there is no reason for why we CD's do what we do, besides it is there and needs to be done. That is my honest but not brutal opinion.

MelanieB
06-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Good unanswerable question....but here goes

At about 5 or 6 years old, I started playing with and wearing mum's clothes whenever I could get away with it......don't know why. I think many early onset cd'ers can relate to this

Throughout my growing years I took every oppertunity to acquire, put on and dress in whatever I could whenever I could.....it just felt good....don't know why

Through my teens and 20's the overriding sexual urges intervened and changed the goal somewhat...I'm sure you know what I mean here

I am now 56 years old, have got over the sexual attachment to dressing and got it back to where it all started, something that feels really comfortable relaxing fulfilling etc...don't ask me why, I still dont know

I believe I was born a Crossdresser for whatever reason

In 50 + years I've never bothered to question or analyse why....I'm really not interested...I've no desrire to solve, answer, correct or remove something that was clearly meant to be

Its just part of me....it is me!!

Kate Simmons
06-28-2012, 06:47 AM
One of the obvious reasons Danni is that I make a fairly good looking woman.:)

Shelly Preston
06-28-2012, 06:54 AM
The reason is hiding somewhere in my DNA.

Cynthia Anne
06-28-2012, 07:44 AM
'Cause I can!!! Without me being me, who would I be!!! I know I have a female brain!! Hugs!

Cheryl T
06-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Why do or did you crossdress?

If I could answer that I could make millions helping others answer it.
I soul searched for decades. I researched for decades. I still have no answer.
All I know is that I've always felt to some extent that I should have been born female and this is how I can express those feelings. This is what makes me happy.
Modern research seems to lean towards either a genetic influence or possibly a hormonal effect while in the womb. No one really knows for sure.

At this point in my life I really don't care to have a definitive answer. I just want to be me.

TeresaL
06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Don't know, it's not because I make a good looking woman, LOL.
But, I feel whole
I feel connected at birth
I feel warm and fuzzy
It is me
It is within me
I love it
Scratch an itch
The girl has to get out

kimdl93
06-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Why would it be time for me to be brutally honest with myself? This question is asked routinely, so nothing particularly differentitates this moment from any other. Frankly, I may be mildly curious about why, but until someone comes up with a valid and reliable genetic, hormonal, or congnitive test the "why" is at best informed speculation.

NicoleScott
06-28-2012, 08:35 AM

Lots of theories but, really, nobody knows. And if it's ever figured out for some, that doesn't mean it's for all. There's a vast, perhaps fundamental, difference between those who have a strong internal feminine identity and dress because it just feels right, and those who dress for sexual or other reasons. The underlying causes may also be vastly different.

Danni, what's the difference between a reason and an excuse? You dress because you're a TS, and I dress because I'm a CD. Duh. Is yours a reason and mine an excuse?

EllieOPKS
06-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I am not sure I really know why myself. Maybe it's to emulate something I feel appealing. Maybe there is a hidden fem side. Maybe it's pushing boundaries.

Jocelyn Quivers
06-28-2012, 08:37 AM
It's always been a part of me. Since birth I was wearing my mother's clothes, make up etc (not now, but during childhood when I did not have fund's or access to my own wardrobe). There was no lack of effort on my part to stop and try to be "normal." Eventually the denial got to the point where every minute and hour of the day was speant coming up with reasons, methods, excuses, justifications etc. not to cross dress and to continue fighting it and never quit. When things were getting to that point, which they had been for several years, it's just far less stressful, and painful just to embrace it.

To answer the question in a plain one word sentence. I look better, younger, and healthier as a woman, maybe with a little bit too much testosterone, but still I look better none the less. :tongueout

janet54
06-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Why does one need a reason. I am what I am.!!!!!

jackielou
06-28-2012, 08:54 AM
it just feels right to me when i am underdressed and at home i am free to be me

Melissa Rose
06-28-2012, 09:44 AM

To answer the same old, moldy question with a question, why do I or anyone need to justify it? That would apply to cross dressing or being transsexual

I do not need to know a reason or cause. It is highly likely to be a non-obtainable answer so I'm not going to drive myself crazy wondering or thinking about. I've already done that. Anyway, what would it matter if I knew the answer? I have no desire to "fix the problem" even if there was a solution or cure (other than transitioning).

BRANDYJ
06-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Since childhood... I have admired, respected, liked, loved, adored, envied, desired, and lusted after females so much, that I wanted to experience as much as I could, being the object of my desire.
The desire to dress never left me, anymore then my love for everything a woman is.

Karren H
06-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Don't really know why I walked into my mothers closet at age 7... Mom always wanted a girl and used to tell me that a lot... It was either that or I thought that being a pervert would be kind of a cool thing to be? Lmao... Kids.....

sissystephanie
06-28-2012, 10:53 AM
I crossdress just because I like to! Started when I tried on my sisters panties when I was 6 years old! Now I am 80 and still doing it! but of course I have gone way beyond panties in what I wear. I do not have to justify my clothing to anybody, because what I wear is my business and no one elses! My late wife totally supported me wearing skirts or dresses, because she knew that I was always her man no matter what I had on!

Jennifer W
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Back when I was a teen, just because it was fun. Today, because I like to. I mostly underdress anyway. Except for women's jeans. (sorry Karren!) Oh yeah and tanks and tee's.

cindybabe
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
because i like too:d:d

michellecd9999
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Honestly... because it is sexually exciting for me and I enjoy it.

Stephanie Michelle
06-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I have always been honest with myself about dressing. I have never denied it or stopped for any reason. I don't think there is one answer to that for me. Its involuntary just like breathing. That's good enough for me.

Alice B
06-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Why do I cross dress? Because I enjoy it and expressing what I have learned is a strong female side to my personality. Why I started and from whence that desire came I have no idea. My wife often asks why I do it and I have no answer other that what I've stated. I make no excuses to justify it, other than I truly enjoy it.

Mickitv
06-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow what a great question. One that I asked myself a hundred times. However, I feel sometimes it is better to take the popeye approach "I am what I am" and move on

Antoinette
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
For me it satrted out as something that simply just for fun. As I got older and began to understand the idea of crossdressing it became much more than "for fun". It became another persona. Another part of me. Which I honestly believe was always there from the beginning, I just didn't know how to accept it as such. No I just do it because it's who I am, antoinette! \(^-^)/. Sadly I can't fully be me 100% due to work and my gf (she deserves a man not a woman) but one day I want to bring both worlds together and live happily as antoinette. Hope that made sense

Cherry Lynn
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
For the same reason I ride a Harley, I like it.

JamieQ
06-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Do not really know why... for now all I can say is that I like to... Amanda

Anne Elizabeth
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
With me I have given up crossdressing (unless maybe when I wear all male clothes) I have over the past couple years have come to decide that I dress to present myself as the one and true person that I really am. Many, many times over the last 47 years I use to think it was for the excitement of it, or it was related to sexual fantasy, or an escape from reality. In fact is was not that at all but it is a step into reality. A step into who I really am. For me IT JUST FEELS RIGHT AND CORRECT!! and maybe one day it will be me. The excitement I got from dressing the escape I thought i was getting was not from the fact of a Male doing something that was not Male. It was and Is an affirming of my true female self. Again IT JUST FEELS RIGHT AND IT IS ME!

KellyJameson
06-28-2012, 11:39 PM
From my perspective I'm not crossdressing so there is nothing to justify

Mistybtm
06-29-2012, 12:00 AM
It just relaxes me makes me feel complete at ease with the world and also lets me be a bad girl at times in A good way.

Beverley Sims
06-29-2012, 12:09 AM
It just relaxes me makes me feel complete at ease with the world and also lets me be a bad girl at times in A good way.

This says it all..:)

Annaliese2010
06-29-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't 'cross dress'. As an M2F transgendered girl I simply wear clothes that appeal to me, naturally so.

RainyNightGirl
06-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Great question! For me it's always been some type of sexual yearning. From my early teens on I have for some reason wanted to be a gorgeous woman. Now when I say want to be it's more of a fantasy want to be. Not I'm a woman trapped in a man's body type thing at all. I may have very slight gender identity issues, but for the most part I am happy in my own skin. It's more escapism for me I think. I get aroused while dressed if not before hand. That is not to say I have to have sex when I get dressed. Regardless if I do or not it arouses me none the less. There is a certain type of woman I find attractive and I guess envy in a way. So I kind of become her. I have taken it as far as wanting what she would want without going into detail. This probably makes no sense although it's the only way I can explain why I crossdress.

I was just thinking about this recently, and this is one of the answers I came up with. Thats how it started, but I am not sure where it will end. For most part I am enjoying the ride.