PDA

View Full Version : Taking advantage of your testosterone before it's gone?

Maddie22
06-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Before you started on your HRT, how many took advantage of their natural testosterone to get their desired pre-HRT weight/figure/fat loss? Did you postpone HRT by a few months as a result to try to get to that desired figure?

The ability to burn fat is really the only thing that I can see that testosterone is actually a benefit. So right now, knowing that I'll be going to see a counselor soon, and HRT could possibly be in my future, I think that taking full advantage of my testosterone to lose that little belly I have makes a lot of sense. I know I don't lose the fat as much as I want to now, so I can only assume that HRT would really hinder my ability to lose the fat.

Any other thoughts, opinions or experiences?

TerryTerri
06-28-2012, 01:40 AM
I did do one thing, purposely, before I started HRT. The male me, always liked nipple piercings on girls. So I thought that if I was to finally get my own gals, I wanted them pierced. And, seeing as how before I started HRT my nips were tiny and insensitive and figuring once I was on HRT for a while they would be bigger and more sensitive. It seemed best to get them pierced before I started HRT. So, I had them both pierced before I started HRT and I do not regret it. It was frickin painfull when they were small and insensitive. I can not wrap my head around how much it would hurt now! The irony is that now that I do have my own girls and have been on HRT for some time. Pierced nips are no longer the big excitement they once were. Actually boobs in general aren't the big attraction they once were, although I am very pleased to have my own and wish they were larger! Lastly, I did lose the piercing in one nip. Long story that isnt' too important except that I now only have one nip pierced. No plans to repierce the other one!

noeleena
06-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Hi,

My weight has allwas been 11 stone = 154 lb's & over 46 years blookers were a waste of time as i was on E, to start with.

my body has allways been at an acceptable weight for my body shape size & bearing very similer to a womans in the 30 to 40 age group ,

Im a menopusal woman so my hormones were pretty good before & after though i di look after my self & keeped fit,

& really im happy with how i look .

...noeleena...

Aprilrain
06-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Think about it, there are fat women and men and thin men and women, do you think that is strictly the result of hormones? Genetics plays a huge part as well as diet and exercise. It takes a looooong time for HRT to affect any change in fat redistribution so I wouldn't worry about it.

Seeing as how I wanted to die if I had to live another day as a male I could think of no good reason to further dely starting HRT.

RachR
06-28-2012, 06:50 AM
This is the exact excuse I've been using to not start HRT, but I have allot of weight I need to lose and have health issues from being overweight. I know the testosterone will help, but no matter how much I try to convince myself that I have to wait I just can't keep it out of my mind. Unless my doctor tells me I can't start HRT because of my weight I'll be starting sooner rather than later.

Like April said, there are fat men and women, and thin men and women; it'll be the work I put into changing my lifestyle that'll determine the outcome.

Frances
06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
It's not a bad idea. Fat does not accumulate in the same areas anymore after HRT, but the male fat does not go away much either unless it is lost through dieting and other methods. So the idea is to get skinny first, then get fat in the right places only? I would have done it, but I was too depressed and wanted to start HRT too much. I you can do it, more power to you.

Pamela Kay
06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I started on a diet in November before starting counseling but before I started HRT in January. I lost 10 lbs on my own then started using a phone app and tracking my calories. I've lost another 17 lbs since then but only a few of them have been since starting HRT.

So yes it's easier to drop the weight before HRT but as good as I feel now, both mentally and physically, compared to how I felt before HRT, I wouldn't wait. The weight does redistribute some and that is still happening with me. But like Frances said, it doesn't leave from the guy areas (belly) until you loose it.

I'm having lipo when I get FFS in October so what I don't loose now I will get rid of then.

MC-lite
06-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I did notice that my pain threshold did diminish after being on HRT for about 6 months. So, you probably want to start electrolysis before HRT.

Frances
06-28-2012, 08:36 AM
I did notice that my pain threshold did diminish after being on HRT for about 6 months. So, you probably want to start electrolysis before HRT.

Yes. The pain threshold does diminish, but hair removal should be started preferably... YESTERDAY! I started hair removal almost 3 years before HRT.

Traci Elizabeth
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
For me, there was nothing that testosterone could do for me considering my Total & Free has always been low. That's why I never had a masculine body to begin with.

ReneeT
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I really dont understand the logic behind the question. Personally, if i was considering holding off on hrt because i wanted to lose weight, I should seriously question whether hrt was appropriate for me in the first pace. I am not saying that it is not, but it would make me wonder. Yes, i gained 30 lbs on hrt, but i now weigh 11 lbs less than when i started, and i was not at all overweight at time zero. I have just had to make healthier lifestyle choices. If you do not, it really doesnt matter what your weight is starting hrt - you will gain weight. Of course, this argument is quite different if you are seriously overweight and hrt puts you at an significantly elevated risk of thromboembolic events. In that case, definately get down to a healthy weight. And for gosh sakes, don't smoke!

Bree-asaurus
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I really dont understand the logic behind the question. Personally, if i was considering holding off on hrt because i wanted to lose weight, I should seriously question whether hrt was appropriate for me in the first pace. I am not saying that it is not, but it would make me wonder. Yes, i gained 30 lbs on hrt, but i now weigh 11 lbs less than when i started, and i was not at all overweight at time zero. I have just had to make healthier lifestyle choices. If you do not, it really doesnt matter what your weight is starting hrt - you will gain weight. Of course, this argument is quite different if you are seriously overweight and hrt puts you at an significantly elevated risk of thromboembolic events. In that case, definately get down to a healthy weight. And for gosh sakes, don't smoke!

Same here. I gained 25-30 pounds on HRT. It's mostly in places where I wanted some extra weight though :D But I do have to eat healthier and exercise now to keep my tummy in control. I have a couple pounds there I'm trying to lose.

Badtranny
06-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Too much thinking, not enough doing.

In theory you would be correct. HRT does change a lot of things and one of them is your robust testosterone fueled metabolism, but it takes a while and it's not like fitness is impossible without testes. Stop trying to outsmart the process, you can't do it. You will get it wrong at least three times for every time you get it right.

Just do it, and enjoy the ride. Oh, and start electrolysis today, or yesterday if it's not too late.

Sophie_C
06-29-2012, 02:10 AM
For the best figure, if you can pull off getting super-skinny, like a little skinnier than runway models, and then when on hormones, put the weight back on (this time in the right places), then you'll look best. That's, essentially how GG's gain at least part of their curves (putting aside bone growth) in puberty and it's best to remove most of the male-positioned fat, anyway...

LisaMallon
06-29-2012, 02:21 AM
I've got a funny body. I have really wide hip bones and zero bum.

At the moment my waist hip ratio is about 0.8. If I put on a few inches on the rear when I start HRT I could get to 0.75 or even 0.7 pretty easily.

Now if could only lose a few inches in height and put something on my equally flat chest ....